Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 10:45   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Welcome back after a break !

878 DTE - its a magic number. I dont think anyone so far reported such numbers.
The maximum I got in the recent fuelling was 598.4 !
Nair sir,

I have got 650 on DTE on a couple of occasions. 878 is something unheard of. I suppose rajeshvin must have some secret tank unknown to even FORD.
Seriously 878 is a damn good DTE reading after refuelling.
Old 28th January 2010, 14:35   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Maximum Fuel Efficiency : 22.77 kmpl, 488 kms, 21.42 litres (10% city, 90% four lane highway @ speed 80 - 120 kmph)

Maximum DTE Reading : 878 kms (after filling the full tank)

Till date I am one of happy owner of Fiesta, always need excuse to drive Fiesta and best part it is more economical on pocket ( fill it, shut it, forget it).
Good that you opted for oil and filter change. It does make the engine smooth and it revs more easily. A fuel efficiency of 22.77kmpl is SUPER! Did you check it the tank-full to tank-full way or using DTE?

878kms or there about is what I get for a full tank as well. I can 100% relate to your fill it, shut it, forget it quote!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Nair sir,

I have got 650 on DTE on a couple of occasions. 878 is something unheard of. I suppose rajeshvin must have some secret tank unknown to even FORD.
Guys, its diesel. Thats why it is showing that much more. Both of you have petrol cars.
Old 28th January 2010, 15:31   #78
BHPian

Quote:
@rajeshvin Congrats on reaching the 5K mark on the odo.
Can you elaborate why you went for the oil and filter change. Is it mentioned in the service manual or you took a call on your own, any particular reason. My petrol Fiesta is due for first service in second week of Feb, hence the question.
Ghodlur, it is not mentioned in the service manual, I took my own call to change oil and filter, I believe it will help in long run, as engine is new some unseen metal particles might be present in oil, even Service Manager was not willing to do that, but I told I'm ready to pay for oil and filter.

Quote:
Also was it OK to have delayed the wheel balancing issue till the first service coz in my case also I feel the vehicle slightly steers towards left and was planning to bring it to the service guys notice during the first service. I had brought it to the dealer's notice earlier immediately after 5 dyas of purchase and the dealer had got the wheel alignment and balancing done by a third party and had confirmed everything was OK. Even I had a chat with the 3rd party guy and he also said the same. But somehow I was not convinced and had tried a coupe of times on highway and had found the drift.
I think please do check wheel balancing with third party good shop, even our roads are inclined towards left thus sometimes it gives feeling of pulling towards left.

Quote:
Welcome back after a break !

Nairji, as Unni mentioned it is diesel and I found DTE reading depend on your last half hour driving style, when I filled the full tank I was coming from four lane highway drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Wow, it's good to see 878 on the DTE. I have a petrol and I have never gotten more than 450. But my car has never been on a proper highway drive till now. 100% city only.
Gilead, thanks for compliment, as mentioned by Unni it is possible with Diesel, even I do get less DTE in City around 775 but after highway drive it went 878, I think even it will cross 900+ after driving on highway at speed 80 kmph.

Quote:
Nair sir,

Secret is Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Good that you opted for oil and filter change. It does make the engine smooth and it revs more easily. A fuel efficiency of 22.77kmpl is SUPER! Did you check it the tank-full to tank-full way or using DTE?

878kms or there about is what I get for a full tank as well. I can 100% relate to your fill it, shut it, forget it quote!!

Guys, its diesel. Thats why it is showing that much more. Both of you have petrol cars.
Unni, thanks, I have learned many things from you, so thought to change oil and filter.
Fuel Efficiency off 22.77kmpl (488 kms, 21.42 ltrs Diesel) is Tank Full to Tank Full Method, most surprising part was I filled the Diesel till last drop, just stopped before overflow.
Just see the below snap and co relate with my first snap in earlier post.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - SXI Premium - Journey Begins-250120101532.jpg  

Old 28th January 2010, 15:50   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Gilead, thanks for compliment, as mentioned by Unni it is possible with Diesel, even I do get less DTE in City around 775 but after highway drive it went 878, I think even it will cross 900+ after driving on highway at speed 80 kmph.

Fuel Efficiency off 22.77kmpl (488 kms, 21.42 ltrs Diesel) is Tank Full to Tank Full Method, most surprising part was I filled the Diesel till last drop, just stopped before overflow.
Just see the below snap and co relate with my first snap in earlier post.
900+ is sure shot possibility. I've got it a couple of times. I don't think I've ever got around 23kmpl. But then, I misuse the fact that I own a diesel, idling with AC on etc!! Now a days I dont check mileage any more. Used to do it till about 25k kms
Old 29th January 2010, 10:36   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
900+ is sure shot possibility. I've got it a couple of times. I don't think I've ever got around 23kmpl. But then, I misuse the fact that I own a diesel, idling with AC on etc!! Now a days I dont check mileage any more. Used to do it till about 25k kms
Unni, even most of time I have got mileage in range of 18.5 to 20 kmpl, after 1st servicing I got mileage of 19.5, 20.71 and 22.77 kmpl mostly on highway. The 22.77 kmpl was in last refilling, I don't know I'll get it again or I'll get between 18 - 20 kmpl, my expectations are 13 - 15 in city and 18 - 20 on highway and I think that is quite possible.
Old 29th January 2010, 10:51   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unni, even most of time I have got mileage in range of 18.5 to 20 kmpl, after 1st servicing I got mileage of 19.5, 20.71 and 22.77 kmpl mostly on highway. The 22.77 kmpl was in last refilling, I don't know I'll get it again or I'll get between 18 - 20 kmpl, my expectations are 13 - 15 in city and 18 - 20 on highway and I think that is quite possible.
+
So far you have been getting good FE i.e 18kmpl plus.
So, what speed you have been maintaining till now?
Old 29th January 2010, 11:48   #82
BHPian

Nairji, I do maintain speed around 90 - 100 kmph, sometimes if stretch is empty move upto 120 - 130 kmph, but if my family or friends are with me I don't overspeed, I beleive the person sitting in the car should feel comfortable and should not get scared.
Secondly I found the quality of diesel/petrol plays very important role in getting better fuel effeciency, I learnt this on my previous car Santro, so identifying and sticking to good petrol/diesel fuel station plays important role in fuel efficiency.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks