Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 10:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

oss:Congrats on the buy.Frankly speaking I didn't like the silver finish on the grill & orvm.
Old 5th October 2009, 10:38   #17
JRD
BHPian

Wow.! lovely interiors. I personally think there should be some black element left on the exterior. Maybe only a strip of chrome in the grill would enhance the look. Great car though. do update on the day to day driving manners of the car.
Old 5th October 2009, 15:50   #18
BHPian

little update

Today morning went to one of the known car accessories shop, got the connecting wire for my Apple iPod and inbuilt Aux in, the sound quality has improved a lot and more pleasent to ears.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - SXI Premium - Journey Begins-051020091332.jpg  

Old 5th October 2009, 17:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Is any one checked about the bottle holders (front and rear)- one litre mineral water bottle cannot easily fit in it but can put it but it can go to the side (door) pockets.
Hope this is standard in all models?
Thanks
Old 5th October 2009, 21:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Today morning went to one of the known car accessories shop, got the connecting wire for my Apple iPod and inbuilt Aux in, the sound quality has improved a lot and more pleasent to ears.
Where did you got the Ipod connector and how much its costing? Do we need to tell them any socket size of the connector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Is any one checked about the bottle holders (front and rear)- one litre mineral water bottle cannot easily fit in it but can put it but it can go to the side (door) pockets.
Thanks
Yeah, I noticed the same
Old 5th October 2009, 23:14   #21
oss
BHPian

Quote:

As car is fully loaded and most of the accessories were covered in freebies, the only upgradation done by me is change of tyres from MRF to Michelin, I was supposed to retain the stock size i.e 175/65/ R14 but when I went to pre decided tyre shop, they were out of stock, I called other shops but the case was same, finally I upgraded to 185/65/ R14 (thanks to Shajufx, Kumar and OSS as they already upgraded and given positive feedback).
Good choice mate. Enjoy the magic carpet ride

You were destined to enjoy it
Old 5th October 2009, 23:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Wow, it's raining Fiestas these days! Congrats rajeshvin, and welcome to the club.

BTW, I wonder whey they removed the mettalic cladding on the gear console that was available on the earlier sxi model---it used to look really good, and a class apart from the lower models of the Fiesta.
Vnabhi thanks, yes it's raining Fiestas these days, even in Pune its heavily raining, I enjoyed the ride in rain, she was brilliant in handling on watery road, she was composed on the encountered pot holes and braking was spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Wow.! lovely interiors. I personally think there should be some black element left on the exterior. Maybe only a strip of chrome in the grill would enhance the look. Great car though. do update on the day to day driving manners of the car.
JRD thanks, they have messed the look of exterior in name of upgradation.

Quote:
Thanks
Nairrk, I found the bottle holders in between front seats can hold one litre mineral water easily apart from the side door pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Where did you got the Ipod connector and how much its costing? Do we need to tell them any socket size of the connector?
Kumar I got the Ipod and USB connector at the car accessories shop in premises of Darshan Tyre on Nagar Road, it costs Rs. 100/- each.
Basically in last moment before delivery of car I opted for free 4th year warranty as it was costing Rs. 6700/- and drop the 3M sunfilm, which I got from 3M dealer @ Rs. 6200/-, when I went to exchange the tyres at Darshan tyre, I met the person Mr. Sujit, He is distributor for 3M and He has the basic accessories, If you want to purchase from him, you can tell my name and ask for same connecting cord or you can take iPod and car to check the compatibility.
Old 6th October 2009, 00:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Good choice mate. Enjoy the magic carpet ride

You were destined to enjoy it
OSS you are right, I would have missed the magic carpet ride, I driven the car on stock tyres only for 30 kms but I can feel the difference, thanks to you guys.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Kumar I got the Ipod and USB connector at the car accessories shop in premises of Darshan Tyre on Nagar Road, it costs Rs. 100/- each.
Basically in last moment before delivery of car I opted for free 4th year warranty as it was costing Rs. 6700/- and drop the 3M sunfilm, which I got from 3M dealer @ Rs. 6200/-, when I went to exchange the tyres at Darshan tyre, I met the person Mr. Sujit, He is distributor for 3M and He has the basic accessories, If you want to purchase from him, you can tell my name and ask for same connecting cord or you can take iPod and car to check the compatibility.
Hi Rajesh,

What is the USB connector? does it allow you to play songs stored in an USB pen-drive?
Old 6th October 2009, 10:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

The Gear shifting is very soft on my car (fiesta 1.6ZXi), even with a finger it can be moved. since I was driving Zen esti for last couple of years and gear shift on this car especially move to 2nd gear and reverse gear was very tiresome but now with my new lady in posession initially I was having doubt whether the gear has changed (but to the fact just a small gentle push the gear already moved)such was the movement.
No jerk at all.
Acceleration, yes definitely so smooth. even at 3rd gear at steep high roads I was overtaking all kind of cars (I have checked the tacho which was showing around 2000). And what a Brake-on the spot. people sitting in the car has to be very careful
as chaces are there to hit the front dash board and the seat (those who are in the back seat). This 100% efficient braking ( may be because the technology is called
ABS with EBD)can make you sure that overtaking at any speed (with little careness) is not at all risky. But take care,always.
Thanks
Old 6th October 2009, 13:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
Hi Rajesh,

What is the USB connector? does it allow you to play songs stored in an USB pen-drive?
Ashish, USB connector can be connected to inbuilt Aux-in and Pen Drive, the car accessory shop owner told me it plays songs from Pen Drive but I have not tried as already I'm using iPod, you can find it in local car accessory shop, before purchasing see the compatibility or if you want I can try and will let you know.

Quote:
The Gear shifting is very soft on my car (fiesta 1.6ZXi), even with a finger it can be moved. since I was driving Zen esti for last couple of years and gear shift on this car especially move to 2nd gear and reverse gear was very tiresome but now with my new lady in possession initially I was having doubt whether the gear has changed (but to the fact just a small gentle push the gear already moved)such was the movement.
No jerk at all.
Acceleration, yes definitely so smooth. even at 3rd gear at steep high roads I was overtaking all kind of cars (I have checked the tacho which was showing around 2000). And what a Brake-on the spot. people sitting in the car has to be very careful
as chaces are there to hit the front dash board and the seat (those who are in the back seat). This 100% efficient braking ( may be because the technology is called
ABS with EBD)can make you sure that overtaking at any speed (with little careness) is not at all risky. But take care,always.
Thanks
Nairrk, good to know you are enjoying your car at fullest, about gear shifting, I think you have strong fingers (just kidding), yet I have not tried with finger but gear shifting is too smooth.

My request don't try sudden braking and scare the passengers, get used to braking as each car behaves differently and it will stop without jerk, I personally adjusted to brakes in few kms.

Thanks.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:12   #27
BHPian

Yesterday I went to Service Centre to meet Service Manager, to say thanks and handover sweets, as He personally helped me in every aspect till delivery of my car.

Few findings I learnt from him :

He told me to keep rpm between 1500 - 2500 upto 1500 kms, sometimes touch the rpm to 3000, as it will help in long run, change the gears accordingly, don't lag the engine for long time.

He opened the bonnet and told to check engine oil, coolant, viper washer (use water + shampoo), brake fluid etc whatever have the yellow cap regularly.

He showed me, if required how to change fuse, the fuse display is located behind glove box, with diagrammatic presentation, the glove box can be removed easily, by pressing it from adjacent sides.

He told me, if your car is going to unused for more or upto 15 days, remove one of the battery terminal, keep the diesel at minimum quantity, say 3 - 5 litres, when you reconnect battery, MP3 player will ask code (it is security code guarded), you have to insert 4 letter code, which is noted on MP3 player warranty booklet (unique code for every customer), once you connect battery after long time, car will behave differently for 7 - 8 kms, as it will restore its memory.

Later He took my car on ramp and detailed me under body parts, I have not checked under body during PDI and I was eager to know, whether it is o.k or some parts rusted, but it was rust free.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - SXI Premium - Journey Begins-051020091335.jpg  

Old 6th October 2009, 16:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashish, USB connector can be connected to inbuilt Aux-in and Pen Drive, the car accessory shop owner told me it plays songs from Pen Drive but I have not tried as already I'm using iPod, you can find it in local car accessory shop, before purchasing see the compatibility or if you want I can try and will let you know.

Nairrk, good to know you are enjoying your car at fullest, about gear shifting, I think you have strong fingers (just kidding), yet I have not tried with finger but gear shifting is too smooth.

My request don't try sudden braking and scare the passengers, get used to braking as each car behaves differently and it will stop without jerk, I personally adjusted to brakes in few kms.

Thanks.
Yes ofcourse, I will try my maximum not to apply sudden brakes. I have already adjusted my legs to the speed of the brake system. However, at times even a small /gentle push on the pedal making others tilting forward. Thats the beauty of the brakes. On the gear I am realising the diffrerence easily because previously I was driving a Zen Esti so the feeling with fiesta gear shift is so soft..
Thanks
Old 6th October 2009, 17:12   #29
Untouchables09

congrats rajeshvin

Fiesta is really doing well on tbhp, glad that Ford is back

Keep those revvs high !!

Old 6th October 2009, 18:21   #30
BHPian

If there is one thing that I miss on my car, that would be ABS and Airbags. Ok, that makes it two.

Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you will have miles of troublefree ownership. Like the service advisor told, do take it to 3000RPM at times. It helps free up the engine. Keep updating the thread.

Most Viewed