Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2009, 10:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Gitartha - thanks yours
never had a chance to fill up the car (with 4 people,excluding me, and luggage) so unable to give any report on this. After diwali, am planning to take my friends for a short tour - let me see the difference then and report the details.
Thanks
Old 22nd October 2009, 00:52   #47
BHPian

update

Yesterday I completed 1111 kms on ODO.

Completed one long trip of Pune to Nashik and adjacent places and back to Pune, total distance covered 525 kms.

Mileage : 18.38 kmpl (Full tank to Full Tank Method, distance covered between two fillings 625 kms, diesel filled 34 ltrs, 30% city and 70% highway driving)

Few observations :

Handling of the car is superb, she really boost the confidence while driving, on straight road, curves or ghats, she handles superbly.

Steering feedback is excellent, rightly weighted. I had the problem when I tried few minutes on Highway at 120 kmph, steering started wobbling slightly, I sorted out problem yesterday as culprit was unbalancing of wheel due to tyre upgradation, now it is perpect.

Due to run in period, maintaining rpm below 2500 but sometimes it touches 3000.
In 5th gear rpm and adjacent speed reading are as follows.

2000 rpm -> 80 kmph
2500 rpm -> 100 kmph
3000 rpm -> 120 kmph

Not tried above 3000 rpm.

Ride comfort is better (compare to my Santro), but on really bad road, you have to slow the speed.

Missed the Foot Rest, but getting adjusted.

Overall very happy with Initial experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - SXI Premium - Journey Begins-211020091384.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2009, 09:34   #48
Senior - BHPian

18.38kmpl ? wow, thats a fantastic achievement !
Is this mileage with 100% A/C or A/C used only partially?
Cheers
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:19   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
18.38kmpl ? wow, thats a fantastic achievement !
Is this mileage with 100% A/C or A/C used only partially?
Cheers

Hi Nairrk, this mileage is with 100% AC on, as usually to avoid pollution in city and airy wind on highway I do keep the windows closed and AC always on, except if I'm visiting Hill Station, I do keep windows open to enjoy fresh air.
Service Manager told me miliage will further increase after some more running as engine will ease up, you know this is diesel and good mileage is expected.

Thanks.
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:09   #50
BHPian

Combined mileage of 18kmpl is good, that too with AC on 100%. It is ok to take it above 2500RPM at times, so dont worry about that.
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:59   #51
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post

I have just one question for you, Have you ever tried loading the car?

Even I was quite gung-ho about purchasing the 1.6 duratec at one point of time, however I found one characteristic of this machine quite unsettling. On one of my many rides in a fiesta taxi, which you get dime-a-dozen at any of our major airports, just two suitcases in the trunk and 2 passengers at the back made the car's rear suspension bottom out over the nearest speedbreaker. Obviously the car is a treat to drive alone, but I would think twice about inviting too many friends at a time for a spin in it.

Hitting the speedbreaker with just 2 people & driver - that must by one monster of a speedbraker.

I had driven with 4 adults, 1 teenager and 2 ten year olds with couple of suitcases for 500kms during Diwali - a total payload of about 420-430kgs, but scrapped the speedbraker only twice - those were really big ones and i was little offguard while driving over them, but otherwise never faced any issues.

Any yes, with all that load, the power was still adequate to take it to 100+
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:28   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Combined mileage of 18kmpl is good, that too with AC on 100%. It is ok to take it above 2500RPM at times, so dont worry about that.
Thanks, I'm loving diesel engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I was skeptical even after purchasing Fiesta, how she will pull when fully loaded, but 68 bhp found more than adequate to pull her 100+ without strain, I think turbo kick at lower rpm and in gear acceleration is best in Fiesta
Old 22nd October 2009, 22:35   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Thanks, I'm loving diesel engine.

I was skeptical even after purchasing Fiesta, how she will pull when fully loaded, but 68 bhp found more than adequate to pull her 100+ without strain, I think turbo kick at lower rpm and in gear acceleration is best in Fiesta
I took out our Fiesta diesel on Diwali for a drive with my friends. One of my friend drives a Fiesta 1.6 since the time it was launched. I gave him the keys in ECR highway, just to let me know how he feels about the diesel. End of ride about 16 - 20kms maybe, I asked him so hows it compared with yours? He said, "dude frankly I dont see much difference, I kinda feel the same. ". Maybe hes not an auto expert to give exact differences, but I was really surprised to hear his feedback cuz hes a good driver also rides a Innova. He dint really floor the car, no traffic on the highway and rode it normally maybe touched a max of 120. So yea, Fiesta D does give you a good driving experience, maybe it loses breadth after 140 because of 68bhp, but havent touched 140 yet. Well, how often one exceeds 140/150?. Anyways, its a great city Diesel car imho.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:44   #54
Senior - BHPian

that 18+ FE is to die for, and really like the dash/console of fiesta, very well planned and looks upmarket
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:49   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Mileage : 18.38 kmpl (Full tank to Full Tank Method, distance covered between two fillings 625 kms, diesel filled 34 ltrs, 30% city and 70% highway driving)
can we swap engines, !!

18kms a litre, WOW!!
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:56   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
can we swap engines, !!

18kms a litre, WOW!!
I guess it shud give more. Come on its diesel and considered to be the most frugal in mid size sedan group. Linea MJD for guys here is giving 20+ km/l (highway+city combined)
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:38   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Fiesta D does give you a good driving experience, maybe it loses breadth after 140 because of 68bhp, but havent touched 140 yet. Well, how often one exceeds 140/150?. Anyways, its a great city Diesel car imho.
Rajivn, IMO due to minimal turbo lag it's one of the best city diesel car, even on highway she fairs better. I agree usually we prefer to drive in comfort zone, for me it is between 80 - 100 kmph, sometimes upto 120 kmph (if road permits), I have observed in Indian road condition, even if you risk your and others life and rip the car, reaching destination hardly makes the difference of 15 - 20 mins, and for me Fiesta's main advantage is ease to drive factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
that 18+ FE is to die for, and really like the dash/console of fiesta, very well planned and looks upmarket
Rkbharat thanks, even I love dash/console and interiors of Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
can we swap engines, !!

18kms a litre, WOW!!
Hey buddy, I am game for it, one request, why don't we exchange our car every six months as both of us have same platinum colour and enjoy pros of petrol and diesel alternatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
I guess it shud give more. Come on its diesel and considered to be the most frugal in mid size sedan group. Linea MJD for guys here is giving 20+ km/l (highway+city combined)
Ya sure it will give more mileage, let the engine ease up after munching more miles. Service Manager told me there are people who have extracted upto 24 kmpl in Fiesta.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:04   #58
BHPian

I have been following this thread and a few for Verna. I have been in the diesel car hunt for almost 6 months (Turned my Fiance into car starer ). When I had taken the Zxi model for TD around 6 months back, I was really not impressed by the engine response to the throttle. It may be because I had taken Verna for a TD the previous day. Since then I have TDed Linea,i20 and Punto. I somehow had to go back to Verna as my first choice because of the ease it moves in traffic and response it gives when the pedal is pressed. Now my fiance is quite adamant about Airbags and I feel this is the only car in 9L range that comes with airbags(Linea is touching 10L in bangalore...Too costly and no VFM). Is there any difference in driveability between Zxi and the new Sxi? Does fiesta hold a better damper when compared to Verna (Verna has Gas shocks). I am looking for a car which does 130kph with poise and comfort in highways and run in B2B traffic with lesser gear shifts. I wanted my fiance also to take this car for drive. So please provide me suggestions by keeping a lady driver in mind .
I may look like a person tilted towards verna, but honestly I feel Fiesta is kind to the lady behind the wheels.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:20   #59
Senior - BHPian

The major difference in SXi are
-Turn Indicator on outside rear view mirror
-Body side moulding with chrome insert
-Leather wrapped stearing wheel
-Driver & Passenger Airbags
-RAdiator grill -metallic finish
-Radiator grill surround - Chrome
-Driver and passenger mirrors - chrome scalp
-Seat trim - Leather & vinyl
-Alloy wheels

All other features of Zxi and SXi are same
Thanks
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:37   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I had driven with 4 adults, 1 teenager and 2 ten year olds with couple of suitcases for 500kms during Diwali - a total payload of about 420-430kgs, but scrapped the speedbraker only twice - those were really big ones and i was little offguard while driving over them, but otherwise never faced any issues.

OSS, are you using your sedan as a mini-van . But, good to know that you didn't have much ground clearance issues. I've done a ~600km trip with 5 adults in the car and did bottom out the rear suspension on some wavy sections of the road.

Quote:
Ya sure it will give more mileage, let the engine ease up after munching more miles. Service Manager told me there are people who have extracted upto 24 kmpl in Fiesta.
Even I've heard stories of 24-26kmpl. I wonder how some one can manage to achieve such figures. No AC, 100% highways and very sedate driving, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
I am looking for a car which does 130kph with poise and comfort in highways and run in B2B traffic with lesser gear shifts. I wanted my fiance also to take this car for drive. So please provide me suggestions by keeping a lady driver in mind .
Well, 130kmph requirement points straight at a Verna. Fiesta does get to 100-120kmph pretty easy, but after that, it doesnt accelerate as fast. I've a friend who almost booked a Fiesta for his wife (she uses a car in city traffic almost everyday), but then changed the last minute to a Verna. He and she are happy with the Verna choice, last I heard!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks