Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
Congrats NutsNBolts! Same pinch.
Merey Bhai! Congrats to you too on the BNW with BnMe
Old 3rd October 2009, 17:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Good to know that you waited bit long to really see the feedback from owners and did not get biased after first TD.

I coudn't just let go. Linea is too much to let go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Welcome to the gang!
Congratulations on your purchase. Do go through some of our ownership threads to find answers on the niggles. Waiting for more photos.
JRD: there is not a single linea thread and post that I have missed in the last 9 months!! I have never been so addicted to anything in life, except the Linea threads!! ghost_rider, SunilRJ's threads are really something!

guys, give me a couple of days and I will upload a lot of pictures with my detailed buying and initial driving experience.

Just got the sunfilms fitted (Llumar Air75, Steel 50) and tyres changed to Michelin Primacy LC. The difference due to tyre change is very significant. The car seems to roll with way less resistance.

Not yet seen the difference due to Llumar, the sky is too cloudy today in Pune.
Old 3rd October 2009, 17:44   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy. Enjoy every mile in it!
Old 3rd October 2009, 19:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Sedan was the way to go. Already have a i10 and did not want another hatch. Options were aplenty, Fiesta, Verna, NHC/ANHC, Civic, Altis, etc. Budget was restricted to 12 Lakhs. Petrol or diesel was okay, but silently my heart preferred a Diesel.
I too prefer a diesel over petrol. My wife and 2nd daughter feel uncomfortable in a petrol car.

Quote:
Thanks Geeash, Coolboy, SunilRJ, Ghost_Rider, VahanPujari, aks_karthik, Dr. nehaamit, Sathys_SC, neotraveller, Pragmites, jaisha8, ManMachine, bnzjon and others who I have missed.
You missed me

Quote:
Finally got the news that FoxTrot Azure colour will be launched. This is one thing that had kept me away from buying the Linea.
Congratulations on your new car and keep the kms rolling on the odo
Old 5th October 2009, 13:10   #20
BHPian

Ferrari
Welcome to the Linea owners club/association/whatever. Also to the increasing tribe of Linea owners in Pune. Yesterday I was driving on the Hadapsar-Saswad Road and there was an FTA Linea behind me for part of the way and a black one in the Fort Jadhavgadh parking lot as well!
I must add that the GC did give me a few nightmares on that road even at low speed. The first time there were 3 consecutive thuds on an uneven road, and a single thud once more in a not-so-deep pothole. This was the first time I had 5 adults in the car. But there was no feeling of being underpowered and the handling in the ghats was a pleasure. And the AC was just great. Those at the back, kept asking to reduce it very quickly. ( had set it at 21C).

BTW, did you pick up your car from Pandit or BUB? Great discounts! Enjoy the car and happy motoring.

Last edited by Pragmites : 5th October 2009 at 13:12. Reason: Adding a point
Old 5th October 2009, 13:23   #21
BHPian

Congrats Ferrari on your new car. Good color selection. Happy riding.
Old 5th October 2009, 16:45   #22
BHPian

FTA; the color that FIAT teased us with before launching the Linea. It's also the color that made me delay buying the Linea for the longest time till I couldn't wait no more.

Fantastic choice!

Welcome; YOU are now one of US!
Old 5th October 2009, 17:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.First one in T-Bhp to own a Linea in this color.
Old 5th October 2009, 19:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ferrari1976,

Bought a Wonderful car and you will definitely enjoy each and every moment with her
post some more photos especially Exteriors.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 5th October 2009, 19:18   #25
BHPian

Congrats Ferrari1976! I know how you must be feeling right now. I sat on the fence for a good 6 months before I took my plunge into Linea love! and boy it has been the best automotive decision.
My family were bent on another ANHC ( MY dad owns one) but I resisted for my first love... the linea!

Congrats once again!
Enjoy your beauty!
Old 5th October 2009, 20:54   #26
BHPian

Linea Saga Part I - Dealer Experience

Jotting down my experiences of the entire process of buying and then owning the Linea. Idea is to maintain this as a Linea diary and share every significant experience with TBHP. so to start with here is the first part of the saga. Am sorry for the long post!

Dealer Experience

Booked a test drive on the web when the Linea teaser website was launched. Had never even imaged that I will ever get a call from the dealers, so was not very disturbed when none called .

Lineas reached Pune dealers a week later than the 16th Jan launch. Quickly made sure that I reached Pandit Auto on Saturday morning (Jan 24th). The entire showroom was buzzing with activity. Lots of people doing a lot of different things. None cared what I was doing or what I wanted.

Finally got hold of a salesman (Nachiket) who was decent enough. Requested him for a TD. The TD car was out and I was in Queue. Waited for 45 mins but finally got the TD.

Pandit has this weird and funny idea of a TD. The route is fixed and there are no exceptions allowed. The TD route is so small that you barely get a feel for the car.

The TD itself was horrible, the car was BAD, the power non-existent. The driveablity in city left much to be desired. The looks and the features had taken my heart over though. I think this is when I fell in love for the second time in my life.

Wanted the FTA colour so was is no hurry to take a call. In a few months time went to B U Bhandari and took the TD again. The wait for TD was lesser and the dealership was much better organized. At least somebody asked me if they could help me out. The TD wad getting better.

In the mean time the FTA colour was launched, wrote a email to Corporate Sales of Tata and got to know that there is 15000 discount for my company. Thought, this looks to be the ideal time to buy the car. Took one more TD and the car this time was fabulous (This is TBHP effect). The FTA colour looked great.

Went to BU Bhandari Wakad with my wife to get her approval on the FTA colour. Did the booking the same day.

Shoaib needs a mention here. He is the BU Bhandari associate who helped me complete the sale deed. The experience with Shoiab and B U Bhandari has been flawless. He has been terrific and extremly cooperative.

The car arrived to the dealership as planned. Did a TBHP PDI and found a lot of niggles. Shoaib got them cleared. Also wanted to get the grill painted in Hip-Hop black (just like Ghost Rider). That was done with immaculate perfection.

Had to travel to US for 2 days which delayed the SBI load documentation and hence the delivery was re-scheduled to 2nd October. Again, Shoaib manged the change very well.

Overall, I will give 4/5 to BU Bhandari and their staff.

Next Part - The Delivery process and Initial feedback
Old 6th October 2009, 07:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

welcome to team-bhp linea ship mate1. ahoy!. enjoy driving safe!!
Old 6th October 2009, 11:17   #28
BHPian

@ferrari
As a matter of interest what was the odo reading. When I took delivery at BUB, none of the cars had less than 120
Old 6th October 2009, 13:41   #29
BHPian

Congratulaions Mate on your new purchase. Welcome to the gang.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:50   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
@ferrari
As a matter of interest what was the odo reading. When I took delivery at BUB, none of the cars had less than 120
Mine was showing 58 KMS when I took the delivery of my BNW linea

Most Viewed