Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 19:21   #61
BHPian

Great car! Great colour!.

BTW, How did you manage to get all those warning lights on at the same time Even the temperature!
Old 14th October 2009, 19:30   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Anyway, advance congratulations for your new Fiat Linea.
thanks alot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Tyre Upgrade:

Goodyears were great but during my test drive they were also very noisy. Knowing that I will be doing a lot of my driving on the highway, changing the tyres was more or less mandatory. Researched this forum and decided on Michelin Primacy LC. Nikhi confirmed that this will be a good swap.

Got the details on Michelin dealer in Pune from Crimson. Because of him I saved over INR 3000. The best deal I had was 14500 and eventually managed to close the final deal with N Mehta on Tilak road for just 11500. That shop is one I will recommend. The entire process took 20 mins, done very very professionally.

Michelins are very smooth indeed. The moment the car rolls on, you realize the glide. The smoothness is very much enhanced and the noise goes down drastically. The car rolls on much more smoothly.

Attachment 210145

Sun Films:
Next stop was to get the right sun films. Searched around the town for the right one. Spared no accessories shop, Poona, Bafna, Carex, Bhandari...all were covered. The range of prices for the same set of films is astonishing. None of these shops give your the confidence.

By sheer luck landed in to Reliance Hypermart, Kharadi. The shop had recently opened the "Autozone". It has Llumar films with an offer to get front windscreen 25% off when you buy the side and the rear ones. Llumar technicians would install the films. The total cost for Air 75 (for front), PP50 for sides and PP70 for rear window was INR 8000.

The installation took @2 Hours and was again a very professional job done well. The heat rejection is phenomenal. You need to experience it to believe it.
Attachment 210153
Attachment 210146
Attachment 210151

Underbody Treatment:

Again, TBHP helped here .As with the sun films, the rates for underbody coating was ranging from 3000 to 5600. Did not find anyone reasonable. Was browsing the forum when got to know about Jopasu (Jopasu Car Care Products India). Realised that it is a Pune based company. Called them, got a quote of INR 2000, negotiated it to INR 1500. Got it done the same day. They do it at the Sagar washing center on Paud road. They are not very professional. The rubber paint itself was of the highest quality but the spraying itself left some black paint on the wheel arches. Though they cleaned it pretty well, I thought that this could have been avoided instead of being corrected.

The paint itself has stuck pretty well and dried off pretty quickly. The noise indeed reduces due to this paint. Would recommend for every diesel car.

The cost of the paint is INR 405 per liter and Linea needed almost 2 liters. The cost can further be negotiated to @1200 INR.

Headlamps:
The stock bulbs ar egood but highway driving, meant that upgrade was required. Contacted Osram India nad got hold of their dealer in Nigdi. They have delivered the H1 and H7 from the Nightbreaker series for INR2800. Will get them fitted tomorrow from BU Bhandari and share the feedback.[b]
[u]

Next post, the 1000 KM experience.
INSPIRATION i would be doing the same mods for my linea emotion. could you please enlighten me more on the tyre upgrades. how much did u spend on the tyres?
Old 14th October 2009, 19:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Great car! Great colour!.

BTW, How did you manage to get all those warning lights on at the same time Even the temperature!
Thanks Kvish. The lights come up when you turn the key to "MAR", thats when I clicked.

Mr Singh:

The total cost of 5 tyre exchange was INR 11500.
Old 14th October 2009, 19:50   #64
BHPian

tyres

great sir,
is their any change in the specs of the tyre?
Old 14th October 2009, 19:55   #65
BHPian

Nopes, did not want to give any reasons to FIAT to void the warranty. Also, Pune speedbreakers and potholes are nice enough to not let the Linea bottom out..thus far!
Old 14th October 2009, 20:02   #66
BHPian

and sir, how come your front grill is black? any mods?
Old 14th October 2009, 20:23   #67
BHPian

^ You got it painted in Hip Hop Black before delivery from the dealer for INR 2000
Old 4th December 2009, 20:58   #68
BHPian

Congrats Ferrari1976. Finally you got your car and that too in a great colour. I'm sure it must be giving you great pleasure to drive this lovely car. BTW one thing that I've noticed is that the plastic quality is still the same and the bits in question like the bonnet release lever and the door handles are also unfortunately still the same. That was exactly my point before that the overall plastics in the interiors are as good as you can get in this segment barring some 2-3 bits. IMO the dashboard quality of Linea is a notch above ANHC- its main competitor.
Old 4th December 2009, 21:25   #69
BHPian

Thanks Firstguri! The plastic quality itself is pretty good; the fit and finish can certainly be improved in certain areas. But the car drives like a dream, the feeling inside a linea cabin is truly awsome. Also, I have not faced a single niggle!! Touchwood!

the car has almost completed 3000 KM and will be going for its first service on this Wednesday. Will update on the details once I get my car back.
Old 5th December 2009, 15:26   #70
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari, congratulations on your linea FTA, superb choice and colour as well.Good to see you painted grille to hip hop black, changes the whole look of your car.Awaiting to hear about your first service experience and ride difference after that.
Old 30th December 2009, 18:59   #71
BHPian

5000 KM Update

Recently did a Pune-Kolhapur dash, followed by a trip to Nashik-Tryambakeshwar. The car has almost completed 5000KM by now in less than 3 months. Have enjoyed every moment with the car till now.

No horror stories, no niggles to report. It has been a smooth sailing thus far. Touchwood. The seat going down problem exists though!

The first service experience was not great. The SA who took my car went on leave and the handover did not happen well. The result, delay in getting the car. Thery did not change me a dime though.

Took the car again to ensure all the pending items were taken care of and this time they were impeccable. The car came will all things taken care of.

Linea on highways is a treat. I know every Linea owners speaks about this, but trust me, once you experience it you just cant stop talking about it. The brakes are brilliant and lights (with Osram Nightbreakers) are wonderful. In my brothers words, it is as if the Sun has risen!!

The ride quality is a boon, especially to the rear seat passengers. Seating 3 on the rear seat is a tough ask.

I am maintaining 30PSI (nitrogen) on both the rear and front tyres. Find this very comfortable.

Have got a couple of scratches on the rear bumpers, but them you really cannot avoid them in Pune.

Only future upgrade planned is Leather seats with additonal Lumbar support.

Overall, I am a very very satisfied customer of Fiat & Linea. I wait for mornings to get back in to Linea every day and then wait for the evenings to drive back home after office. Highway trips have become mandatory on weekends. Life in a Linea is certainly a better then the one before.

Last edited by Ferrari1976 : 30th December 2009 at 19:00.
Old 30th December 2009, 19:09   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
lights (with Osram Nightbreakers) are wonderful. In my brothers words, it is as if the Sun has risen!!
Are these OE lights ?
If not, what is the cost ? I am planning to change the OE lights as i find them not bright enough.
Old 30th December 2009, 19:28   #73
BHPian

^ No these are not OE lights. Pl go thru this: OSRAM|Consumer|Automotive Lighting|Products|Headlights|NIGHT BREAKER|index

They costed @2800 INR. Linea needs a H1 & H7 pair for low and high beams.
Old 30th December 2009, 20:11   #74
BHPian

Is it necessary that i need to change both Low and High Beams (pardon my ignorance). Can i change only the high beam ones for Highways ?
Old 30th December 2009, 20:16   #75
BHPian

^ I will advise on changing both the lamps. You will not need High beams as often if you have a good low beam light.

You surely can change only the high beam bulbs though.

Most Viewed