Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2010, 15:17   #76
BHPian

Thats a hot hatch you have there aZa. Just love your angel eyes. I'm not into electricals, but i'd lke to know how difficult it is to make one like yours.
Old 8th February 2010, 02:48   #77
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Its not difficult but its best to let someone who has experience do this. Color modding the projectors and cutting the back of the lights (which are expensive) to fit the projectors + bezel + angel eyes is best left to experts.
Old 8th February 2010, 02:57   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
I am out of words!
Old 8th February 2010, 11:06   #79

hay aZa thats awesome!!! I have never seen such mods on getz... This beast requires good head lights, ABS brakes, Airbags, bigger tyres, Mag wheels (the front rims often deform slightly due to engine weight), a damn good Horn, and ya independent suspensions, that will really prevent the body roll. Well its such a powerful engine, it is climbing bridges and highway ramps as though it is preparing for a take off. Man the VGT is a killer. I really wanna see this Turbine. Hehe!!! I took the hell out of a Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDi, the person driving it made it a point to stop in between and appreciate me and the car, he never expected a hatch back to kill his monster. he he.!! but ya i know my safety levels were less, I am considering ABS+ (a kit available in market) for this and independent suspensions as well. U have diverted me with these headlights. U know a fitter in Bangalore?? please refer... and whats the approximate cost, please for budgeting purpose. Kindly reply soon. I also fitted Bosch wind tone horns. Mainly to scare away those intruding bikers, i hate them. Once i honk it, i make up ample space for her to accelerate smoothly.

I took your advice on the windscreen issue. This time i kept the AC vents for lesser time towards windscreen and bang, no problem at all. Thanks aZa.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:39   #80
BHPian

Aza..you've got a hot looker now.

The mods are super, and the best part is, its practical. Congrats.

I too will soon go on a lookout for these lights once I get the Vitamins flowing.
Old 8th February 2010, 12:27   #81
aZa
Senior - BHPian

@WDP2 : Thanx for the appreciation. Tell me more about the ABS+ kit? The softer suspension does make the car roll but at the same the ride quality in 17" rubber is amazing. The car feels as if its on 15" untill u encounter a pothole that is.... heheh. I'm using a loud ROOTS horn too, the stock horn was better suited to a scooty! Regarding the Octy incident, its happenned to me many times too. The best part is hardly anyone knows that Getz comes in a cRDI variant and its got 110horses. In gear acceleration is the best party trick.

@krish3 : Thanx 17" rims are a bit impractical but i couldn't stop myself from getting them.

@lights : Its a DIY job so if you can find the parts then you can do it yourself. If not then contact Pranav , he is a member here on TBHP. He could help you out further. Btw if you have seen a bmw / audi giving a dipper , The projectors on my car have the same "FLASH" effect! its insane...

Last edited by aZa : 8th February 2010 at 12:28.
Old 8th February 2010, 14:42   #82
Senior - BHPian

I somehow missed this thread completely!

Very hot getz you have aza, she's a real stunner! Those tires look delicious
Old 8th February 2010, 15:57   #83

@aZa : i saw this ABS+ installed in a i10 Magna variant at goa. I was waiting for the owner to come for such a long time but, in vain. i am trying to find out the possibility since then. Bosch does ABS, EPS and EBD but they dont supply it in india. Irritating. regarding the 17" tyres how comfortable r u with that? the stock tyres itself gives a rough drive at times. I will be changing my tyres and rims pretty soon. I am getting my steering wheel tight fit leather wrap with wooden inserts (just like in sonata transform) and possibly exploring the options of having steering media controls. This car is worth decorting. Getz has great and sleek looks. Any idea about fitting rear discs?? its done only in UK. Hmmm i wonder why in India we think of something, we never get it and settle for whatever we get. This car without these protection is very dangerous. The reason being it cannot decelerate the same way it accelerates.

I asked you about the approximate cost of the Angel eyes. Please tell me. I shall soon update you regarding ABS.

One more thing is that the VGT logo you have put on the front grille in my opinion does not look good. Guess you tried something like Multijet??? I have put the VGT logo on the sides above the indicator, just like in Verna. It looks great, may you should try.
Old 6th March 2010, 13:34   #84
aZa
Senior - BHPian

11500 on the ODO it was time to get the pocket rocket's 2nd service.

Service location : Safdarjung Hyundai, Gurgaon

Bill Summary :

Hyundai Servo Premium oil : 5.5L @ Rs. 1026
Fuel Filter Cartridge : Rs 1275
Air Filter : Rs 293
Oil Filter : Rs 299

I also got them to put the original mud flaps in front n rear. OEM fitment on GLS/GLX

The FLAPS : Rs 820

Total Rs. 4078 including Taxes
I was very pleased with the service at Safdarjung motors, they have a three floor service area + basement. The service manager was very nice and cordial, he explained everything clearly and agreed to change everything i told him. Also took extra care of the Konigs All this VIP treatment could also be coz our very own DBHPian Irags was there too.

Overall very happy, will definately go to safdarjung hyundai again.

Btw any one knows the cost of the CLUTCH in the GetZ CRDI ? I have heard some really prohibitive figures ....
Old 6th March 2010, 16:18   #85
BHPian

^ i got my Accent's clutch replaced by the dealer for 8k including labour. The Getz's should be around the same, if not less.
Old 6th March 2010, 17:12   #86
BHPian

Clutch replacement would set you back by 9.5-10K inclusive of labor. This includes release bearing, clutch plate and the clutch cover.
Old 6th March 2010, 18:14   #87
BHPian

Is that the Delhi price? The bangalore dealer mentioned around 12k all inclusive. Its the same price as Verna Diesel.

Will know the actual price as and when we go for a change.
Old 6th March 2010, 19:03   #88
BHPian

Yes, that's a rough estimate provided by my SA at HMP, Delhi.

Last edited by live2drive : 6th March 2010 at 19:06.
Old 7th March 2010, 01:51   #89
aZa
Senior - BHPian

12K and below is alright but i was quoted (unconfirmed as they didn't know the exact pricing) around 22K !
Old 7th March 2010, 09:20   #90
BHPian

Get your bumper beadings, door handles and wing mirrors painted body colour too . Thats the next best thing this car can get for a complete visual marvel .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks