Team-BHP - The Last of the Titans - Getz 1.5 cRDI finally comes home :)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The Last of the Titans - Getz 1.5 cRDI finally comes home :) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/66656-last-titans-getz-1-5-crdi-finally-comes-home.html)

Yes i finally got it home.

Since about an year or so, when people started talking about a 110bhp pocket rocket hatch from hyundai, i wanted to get one. Initially i wasn't to focused and i'm very lazy so i kept postponing it. But as i kept hearing about the escapades and stories of the getz crdi owners (KPZEN!!! mostly) the decision about buying one became stronger and stronger. The car was being sold at 5.94 OTR price, with an exshowroom of 5.45L. Then one day suddenly hyundai drops the price to 4.99L Exshowroom, now the car was 5.45-5.70L OTR. This was a shade over the price of a Swift vDI.

But then life is a b**ch.

When i finally was ready to book the car, exactly after my MBA 1st year end exams. The news that i was dreading came ... Hyundai had stopped the production of the this little monster. Thats when i realised my mistake. and it hit me that had i not been lazy i would have probably had the last of the small car big engine produce. There was a Fiat Palio GTX with 100 horses and years later a Getz cRDI with 110 albeit a diesel. With the new taxation rules, 1.2 and 1.4 will be the normal in the future.

I was desperate...

So i googled the numbers of all the dealers in the NCR region, and started calling them up asking for GETZ diesel. None had it, Hyundai motor plaza and deep hyundai had two peices. But the colors were WHITE and SILVER. Now coming from a hot scarlet sage color on my santro i didn't want a dark color this time around but SILVER was a NO. So i decided to check out the WHITE one at both the dealerships and book it. Thats when my gf called and tells me she has booked tickets for some movie ... so i postponed the booking plan for the next day. As luck would have it when i reach HMP the car had already been BOOKED in the morning, I missed it by a matter of FEW HOURS !!! :eek: . Deep hyundai's WHITE was nice but he was giving it at the pre-discounted price of 5.94 OTR.

DEAD END.

Anyway one of my friends was going to ludhiana, so he suggested he would find out cars enroute in sonipat panipat karnal ambala and ludhiana. i was out of hope but i said ok. Next day my friend calls up and tells me there are three getz crdi's at ambala. i was like its too far and this that. But then i finally succumb to the temptation and i drive down to ambala ...

The Last of the Titans - Getz 1.5 cRDI finally comes home :)-66082266867153908857803.jpg

and there it was ....

The Last of the Titans - Getz 1.5 cRDI finally comes home :)-140720092112.jpg

Looking fresh untouched and full of pure awesomeness :D

The Last of the Titans - Getz 1.5 cRDI finally comes home :)-66082266867253908857803.jpg

I paid the booking amount 20K right then and we came back. Then started the process of loan etc. Lenghty it was but only because of my laziness and also because of not getting enough time from studies.

Anyway I finally got all the papers ready and hit the road to get the monster home... and Today 30th Sept 2009 The small car with a big big heart came home. Apparently this was an auspicious day since my friend abhimanyu also got married :D

Here are a few pics!
The Last of the Titans - Getz 1.5 cRDI finally comes home :)-img0314lf.jpg

The Last of the Titans - Getz 1.5 cRDI finally comes home :)-img0318u.jpg

I know a lot of people we speculating whether i have actually booked the car or not because of the long delay and all. But here it is :p

I'm gonna keep this thread for all the updates and upgrades regarding this lil pocket rocket.

Will be getting some addons tom ;) stay tuned

Cheers

it is raining CRDi-s on the forum! What is wrong guys? :D

Congrats Aza! Wish you 1L kms with your new ride. :)

Nice.!
Congrats ,finally all the waiting paid off.
Let the Pimping (of the car) begin.! :D

Another Rocket Hatch owner , Congrats. Treat her well and Safe Driving.

congrats dude! Finally the pocket rocket comes home :)

Good to know that the getz CRDI is still available. I thought all were sold out.

Congrats on the rocket.

Even today, I saw a white Getz Crdi to be delivered at Trident , Sankey road standing for delivery.

I guess it could still be made against specific bookings, if we insist.

Could anybody enlighten on this please ??

Congrats on getting the little rocket. Happy and safe driving.

Just got Remote locking and better horns installed today.

Remote locking is from crosslink wheels with shock sensor addon and horns are HELLA red grills! The OEM horn was pathetik!! It was so bad that it was embarrassing! Some more stuff coming tom.

@planet_rocker @faithless @undead @caroholic @sdp1975 @aarman_008

Thanx , its a rocket for sure! I went on a 300kms drive to neemrana with friends and i was keeping the car below 2500RPMS and still clocking 120-140 easily!

@mjkaushal : Few peices are available, few pieces are in transit and some in stock. U will have to find out from the dealers. If you were here in north i could have helped u.

@ fellow cRDI owners

Is engine braking in a cRDI engine car advisable ? i mean i am using engine braking but my friends are against it.

Hmmm not much response in this thread ,you should have bought a Punto instead. :D

Anyway ,post some pics of the new rims.!

Got new rims + tyres today.

The Rims and tyres --
The Last of the Titans - Getz 1.5 cRDI finally comes home :)-rims2.jpg

Comparison of the stock 14" to the 17"
The Last of the Titans - Getz 1.5 cRDI finally comes home :)-rims3.jpg

Finally
The Last of the Titans - Getz 1.5 cRDI finally comes home :)-rims1.jpg

Specs :

Rims are Konig Twilite 17" in White with red lip. (7Kgs each rim.)
Tyres are Kumho Ecsta SPT (KU31)

I've put 35PSI all around and the ride is smooth on good roads, the tyre noise is present but much lesser than stock GPS2. The Grip is awesome. Sourcing yokohamas were a problem and Adrive R1/Sdrive were available after tuesday only :(

Anyway The rims are superlight, my steering feels just the same as before or probably a bit lighter. i was a bit skeptical before putting the rims as i read about steering wobbling issues in the cRDI on TBHP but there is no wobble here... yet.

What profile tyres are those ? :Shockked:

They seem really low profile . Hows the ride quality on bad roads with the 17 inchers ?

They look really good though.

205/40/R17 ... yep 40 is really low ... But with the softer suspension the ride is acceptable.

The Superman RETURNS! With a new ride.. Congrats buddy!

Spool that turbo after all that hard work. Enjoy

May be the 1st crdi with 17"s in delhi atleast..lol:

Ready to hit the roads for some mid corner booooost?

Awesome car and even better looking alloys! Congrats! And engine braking is a perfectly fine technique.