Team-BHP - My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/66680-my-new-dark-horse-city-09-unique-styling.html)

Hi all,
First of all, I would like to thank you all who participated in My Quest and made it Max. Popular among all.:thumbs up
Secondly, Thanks (in advance) to all those who will Congratulate in this Thread.

So, as the name of the Thread suggests, she is Polished Metal Metallic City V MT with Chrome Grille.
She's got characteristics of 8 cars in one:
1. BMW 3 Series - Front Bumper and Rear Lights.
2. CRV - Colour combination of of interiors.
3. Accord - Front Grille.
4. Civic - Dashboard Designs.
5. Jazz - Tyres.
6. A8 / 7 Series / S Class - Boot Space.:uncontrol

Rest I'll review later, as I am going for Long Drive now.
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-dsc00059.jpg

My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-dsc00061.jpg

My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-dsc00064.jpg

My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-dsc00065.jpg

Any prices for all those who guessed the car right? I think most of them got it right irrespective of the heavy disguising ;)

What about the insurance? That was the only thing that made members think of other cars than the City.

oopsy! Congrats on your new City. Looks good with the OEM alloys.

One question. Why didn't you choose the new blue color? Honda is only making a limited 500 numbers of S and V (MT) and IMO, City looks amazing and sportier on that color.

Congrats on your V MT. But I'm still wondering how you got the insurance for just 10k!!

Wow Nice Looking car, Congrats on your Honda I-Vtec :thumbs up

Hey i cant wait to see on the inside..Plz plz.. Hurry up with the pics. Congrats by the way.. and nice choice of color too.. Good to see anything other than a white honda.. lolz..

EDIT: Is it only me or to others also that Chrome grill from front looks like a moustache of charlie chaplin?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 1513020)
Congrats on your V MT. But I'm still wondering how you got the insurance for just 10k!!

I guess some discount is going on Insurance .

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2max6 (Post 1513262)

Hmm.. 10000 is real low for an ANHC. NCB anyone?

Congrats on the car.

What are the differences between the AT and the MT City besides the grill and the alloys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 1512928)
Any prices for all those who guessed the car right? I think most of them got it right irrespective of the heavy disguising

The quest was unfortunately stopped in between, so no real prizes. But one thing for those who guessed it right (esp. Jesal) can have a treat from my side whenever they visit Amritsar.
Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 1512966)
What about the insurance? That was the only thing that made members think of other cars than the City.

Its a big secret. I got 45% NCB without even selling my any old car.
Quote:

Originally Posted by iTNerd (Post 1513017)
oopsy! Congrats on your new City. Looks good with the OEM alloys..

Those alloys look more like that of Ferrari Californiaclap:
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-ferraricaliforniatop.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 1512966)
One question. Why didn't you choose the new blue color? Honda is only making a limited 500 numbers of S and V (MT) and IMO, City looks amazing and sportier on that color.

Colour choosing was really very very confusing.
White- I don't like. I like the White of Safari and Swift(with a pearl finish)
Silver- I have the same in Swift and Astra
Black- I have the same in Zen
Bold Beige- Colour was nice but then I wanted to add Chrome Grille, which wasn't looking good to that colour
Red- New ones are very sparkling but 6-8 months old are dull(converted to maroon)
Blue- Its OK but then it was not going to be available with dealer for another 15 days in V Variant and then 7 days more for Grille.
Polished Metal Metallic- Chrome Grille best suit Black and this colour. And Luckily the same was readily available in this colour . And another Luck- It came with Michelin Tyres.
Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 1513020)

Big Secret . Can't reveal it in Public.
Quote:

Originally Posted by somebodystopme (Post 1513193)
Hey i cant wait to see on the inside..Plz plz.. Hurry up with the pics. Congrats by the way.. and nice choice of color too.. Good to see anything other than a white honda.. lolz..

I'll post the detailed pics by evening or morning with detailed reveiw (which I am busy writing)
Quote:

Originally Posted by somebodystopme (Post 1513193)
EDIT: Is it only me or to others also that Chrome grill from front looks like a moustache of charlie chaplin?

Its a Accord Inspire Grille (Inspire Kit costs 90K) with some plastic around it.
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-img_inspire.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by k2max6 (Post 1513262)

You can't expect any discounts atleast from Honda and that also on City(which is running short of deliveries) unless and until its a Corporate Buy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247 (Post 1513285)
Congrats on the car.

What are the differences between the AT and the MT City besides the grill and the alloys?

Now AT comes only with V Variant. SO, only difference is Transmission and Black&Silver plastic around the end of gear lever(that looks really very nice). And that Grille is sold separately for 14.5K.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by oops (Post 1513591)
Big Secret . Can't reveal it in Public.

Gross injustice, if you cannot reveal then you should not mention it... :Frustrati

Disclaimer: All the views expressed are of my own and nothing to do with any living or non-living. There is no intention to hurt anyone. This review is especially for those who compare cars from their Brochures only.

Heartiest thanks: ITNerd ( who gave information about City S AT discontinuation and news of V Variant) and Sidindica (who replied with confirmation (and details soon after that)of V Variant coming at the end of Sept.)

My New Dark Horse –
Taking you all the way back by nearly 5 months, in April 09 (end). It was the time when we started considering the cars to buy one, but at the same time, we weren’t very serious. We were considering the cars of every size, from Punto (though its launch was due in June) to Captiva. I liked Captiva very much but then Dada Amritsar said they had only 2008 manufactured models and was going to shut the showroom on 31 July 09.

As I don’t want to criticize any car, so going in a very short way. Then in May we got some serious and were focused on City and Linea, though I personally hated Honda but fell in love with Civic when I first TD the AT Variant in 06(at the time of launch). At that time (in May 09) I used to drive Astra, so for new Car, I needed some neat looks, good build quality, engine better than Astra (and that had to be Petrol as my max. drive is 30Km/day), planted feel on roads, etc. etc. So, finally In June we were left with only one car i.e. City (Civic was discarded because of its high price and low seating). For us, GC was no issue as Astra has GC of 136mm.

At the same time, budget was going to be announced in coming days and Industry policy by end of July or mid of August. And then there was news of Cruze also. So, we decided to wait till mid of August. And that was the time when ITNerd informed about City S AT discontinuation and gave news of V Variant & Sidindica immediately replied with confirmation of news and soon after that gave details of the same. This was a crucial time for us as talks were already going on with Prestige Honda about a corporate buy and within day or two, we were actually going to book the cars. Once again, I would like to thank ITNerd and Sidindica.

With that news, Honda Salesperson (namely Ravi) was stunned. He said “ No. V Variant will come in November and no interior changes are expected.” But at the same time we said “ OK. We will wait till November” as I was very confident of news from Sid.

On 13 Sept, my cousin got a call from Ravi saying “ Sir, V Variant ka ek piece aa gaya hai. Launch date is 15th . Aa ke dekh lo.” So, I went on 14th to have a look of the same and also posted for you all on T-Bhp. We finalized colours (though I was still very confused about colour) and booked the same.

On 26th, I received call from Ravi saying “ Sir, aapka Polished Metal colour aa gaya hai.” We all rushed to showroom and had PDI at the same time, giving then booking amount. Finally on 1st Oct, we headed towards Prestige Honda around 4pm and……........

……………..I have been writing for more than one hour. I am tired now (secondly power cut, which will start at 3). Will write rest in evening/morning(along with inside pics)………………..
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-back.jpg

Oops, congrats. By the way, is that a Siropa on the dash?

Hi oops,
Congrats on your new purchase
I am glad to see someone from Amritsar.
Check your PM.