Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 01:57   #31
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Hey s3Va Congrats !!! The car is looking beautiful in black. For the alloys i think Stamford would be a nice choice.
Old 14th October 2009, 07:24   #32
BHPian

s3va,

Till now, i had not seen this car properly. I was watching your pictures, this car looks very gorgeous man ! pretty good! I think i should have tried this car before i bought my ANHc in june.

How are the interiors? would you mind putting up some nice pictures of the cockpit. I would like to try this car for my spouse since we are planning to upgrade in Jan.

I will discuss with my friend about the discount he got. i didn't mind too much when he told me about the discount then.

Post some interior's pictures, let me have the technical specs & features of your variant, please.
Old 14th October 2009, 11:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy. Black with chrome alloys and tints gonna make it look great. Seems you are happy with the tyre that came with the car; which was it?

And ICE? Done?
Old 14th October 2009, 11:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Black color, especially for sedans' looks very nice.
It is not that difficult to maintain the black color car's, if you maintain the car on a regular basis. All my last 3 car's were Black in color and never had much problem in maintaining them including the shine. REgular water washing is required and do shampoo washing atleast once in a month (unless you are travelling too much, then once in week is recommended). Do polishing once in a year.
Proper caring is required for anything - not only just black cars?
Thanks
Old 14th October 2009, 13:10   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey,

Check out 3M's India website which has a lot of useful stuff:
3M India: 3M Car Care Pro

Also consider the tyre upgrade too. Did your Aveo come with NCT 5 or Bridgestones? Check with Nikhil again about Michelin XM1+, Yoko A-Drives, Continental etc. While your tyres are brand new you will get an excellent exchange price. Not so even 500 km later.

On the alloy choices, I'd say stay away from Plati unless your deal is significantly cheaper and you are willing to take the rim-bending risk. All the rest sound good but stick to a set of 4. Tubeless tyres puncture rarely so your spare alloy/tyre will stay in the boot 99% of the time! Use that money to exchange tyres ASAP :-)

I had posted some fat spoke combi details in another tyre thread and will find and repost it today sometime.

Let me know your comments.
Old 14th October 2009, 14:45   #36
BHPian

Folks, Thanks a ton for your messages !!!

@itwasntme :
Tires are from Apollo
I am awaiting for my friends return from his native place to explore the various car care products from 3M, as he works for 3M. And, thats a great idea to save the money for the tire upgrade. I shall think about it. I really dont want to compromise the ride quality and steering comfort while upgrading the tires. So do let me know the ideal specs for an upgrade. Cornering at high speeds kind of situations would be less as highway rides are'nt quite frequent.
Plati would be ruled out mostly as I didnt like any of their designs. Nevertheless I would be visiting Nikhils' place this weekend.

@nairrk:

You are right, proper wash & polish is the best way to maintain the car shine. I am not planning to do a water wash not more than once a week as the water at my apt is quite hard and my previous black car lost its shine quickly. Also I am planning to involve myself more into the cleaning job this time, as the last time I had entrusted the job completely to my apt watchman.

@jkdas :
Tire Specs - 185/60 R14. I am ok with the tire specs perse, though Apollo brand is something i am not quite ok with . Anyways while installing the alloys i might even consider upgrading the tires, if my wallet permits. Also I really dont want to compromise the stock ride quality and steering comfort while upgrading the tires. So your inputs on an ideal spec for the upgrade would be appreciated.

ICE'in is completed with a simple configuration, but neat sounding. Here is my list, I took '@blueraven' to finalize and install the setup:

-Kenwood HU mp543 : i bought this from the dealer place, after performing some research myself. I am ok with the HPF, advanced Eq missing factors that are available in the 6043 model (which is about Rs.1700 more than 543), as the HPF would be taken care by my Amp.
-Boston Accoustics 6" rear co-ax, round
-Target 2 way front component spkrs, 4" - new brand, sounded more refined than Hertz.
-Kenwood Amp(didnt get JBL though I badly wanted)
-JBL 12" Sub fitted on sealed enclosure

@nandans2005
ANHC is way costlier than AVEO. I think ANHC falls into a diff segment altogether(though not much of technical/feature wise differences, of course HONDA has a good brand name) !! I shall post the pics soon, its on the radar as I am just waiting to complete the alloy installation
Detailed tech Specs can be found on the link below, if there is any else specific dont hesitate to PM/contact me
I have the LS Variant
Chevrolet : Aveo : Technical Specifications
Somehow I have this very feeling that Chevy image in India is about to change soon.

@aZa
Thanks Man, congrats once again on your purchase too ! your alloy wheels are out of the world man. i havent come across any CRD's with 17 inchers . I hope your ride quality hasnt been compromised much, though performance is something we all long for !!!

..Later
Siva..!

Last edited by s3va : 14th October 2009 at 14:57.
Old 14th October 2009, 14:52   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Do they still have 1.6? It may be to clear the stock. Optra petrol will kill the sales of Aveo 1.6 if still in place.
Optra prices have also been slashed, its about ~Rs.7.8 lacs ex-showroom in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post
I might be late but , did you check out the Lenso Samurai series? Slightly more expensive though.
Lenso is stunning. But Lensos starts from 15" and I dont have any intention to upgrade the rim profile. Otherwise, I think Lenso, Konig would have been my obvious choices
Old 14th October 2009, 16:15   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

The Apollo Aceleres are very good tyres. It's a waste of money if you change them to Michelins or whatever. I suggest you keep the aceleres.
Old 14th October 2009, 16:32   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The Apollo Aceleres are very good tyres. It's a waste of money if you change them to Michelins or whatever. I suggest you keep the aceleres.
Nikhil..That's what even I thought. Anyways I shall visit your place soon and then finalize.
Old 15th October 2009, 07:05   #40
BHPian

s3va, shiva,

I spoke to my friend on the discount. He simply says that he negotiated well and he also feels that there was some kind of an offer. He feels, he just happen to be there at the right time and got the discount.

He has bought the limited edition of 1.6.This i suppose has some additional features incorporated. You must be knowing well about the limited edition.

He is very happy with the car and has done many trips, the farthest being Hyderabad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Black color, especially for sedans' looks very nice.
It is not that difficult to maintain the black color car's, if you maintain the car on a regular basis. All my last 3 car's were Black in color and never had much problem in maintaining them including the shine. REgular water washing is required and do shampoo washing atleast once in a month (unless you are travelling too much, then once in week is recommended). Do polishing once in a year.
Proper caring is required for anything - not only just black cars?
Thanks

Nair,

I suggest you should pass on your expertise to s3va & me in maintaining the cars in black.

I feel the shampoo should be done twice in month and the polishing once in a 2 months.This is what we used to do with black NHC and are doing with my sister's scorpio.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th October 2009 at 11:10.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy.Looks great in black.Did you got the spoiler as OE along with the car or as an accessory?
Kropex is really good in customer satisfaction.
Apart from the corporate+insurance(outside) & freebies is there any other reduction on the price.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:14   #42
BHPian

Some minor updates :

- Today I got an OVEON black leather steering grip installed from EVO. Steering feels a lot more comfy and lighter too .

- Also I have given the order for the new format number plates.

- By weekend I should be able to finalize the Alloys.

- I am in love with my car audio again . Sounds really good with the some new tracks on my USB pen drive.

- Though I have been maintaining a disciplined driving manner especially keeping in mind about the run-in period limits, I broke the rule today and ripped the car(took the rpm to max 3.5K). Loved the feeling, but my conscience held me back from flooring and came into control again . - But Once the 1st service and run-in period completes I am planning to install performance filters from one of the brands like Pipercross, Green Cotton or the most common one K & N. I hope the power lag reduces to some extent with this in place. Any suggestions ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the buy.Looks great in black.Did you got the spoiler as OE along with the car or as an accessory?
Kropex is really good in customer satisfaction.
Apart from the corporate+insurance(outside) & freebies is there any other reduction on the price.
Thanks Ramsagar,
LS doesnt come with spoiler as OE, I am contemplating on whether to buy one or not. The dealer quoted Rs.11k for the OEM one with brake light, and non-company one without brake light for Rs.5000
Ya, Kropex is not bad, though a lot of follow up is required to get your requests processed. Also, the art leather seat covers offered as freebie has started giving away. Shoddy piece of job on the covers . I am going to complain tomorrow. There were no further cash discounts other than the one that GM announced for all Chevy vehicles + corporate + freebies

Last edited by s3va : 15th October 2009 at 22:26.
Old 15th October 2009, 23:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Some minor updates :

- Today I got an OVEON black leather steering grip installed from EVO. Steering feels a lot more comfy and lighter too .
Wow, how did the black color blend with the beige surrounding? How much it costed? And finally, PICS please
Old 16th October 2009, 13:16   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Wow, how did the black color blend with the beige surrounding? How much it costed? And finally, PICS please

I found black to be matching with every color around. It costed me Rs.450. I have checked with Rudra if he can spare some time for a photo shoot. Awaiting his response. The alloys installation is getting delayed due to other commitments. I shall post soon.
Old 16th October 2009, 13:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
I found black to be matching with every color around. It costed me Rs.450. I have checked with Rudra if he can spare some time for a photo shoot. Awaiting his response. The alloys installation is getting delayed due to other commitments. I shall post soon.
Ha, Master is there.

Ok, It would be really great to see 2 black Chevy's in a pics.

Do you want a Black Sparky too?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks