Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 10:20   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
The Seatcover looks attractive in the photo but cannot believe it is already started wearing out which means the material is inferior quality. ?
Material looks good, but the stitching work seems shoddy. I am trying for a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Did you report this issue? ..........BTW, are you nearby outer ring road or Koramangala.
I have reported, and I am going tomorow for my first assurance check up where I shall obtain their feedback. It is not HU or perfume bottle, as my perfume bottle is sitting in the door magazine area in a tight manner. I feel its the transmission/clutch zone that needs to be checked, as I can also feel slight vibrations on the clutch pedal, that is comparitively less or nil on the other A & B pedals..

My office is in Koramangala inner ring road, and I stay near the Old Airport area. Where are you BTW ?

Last edited by s3va : 30th October 2009 at 10:28.
Old 30th October 2009, 10:49   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
I have reported, and I am going tomorow for my first assurance check up where I shall obtain their feedback.
Let's see their updates.
My office is in St.Marks road and stay near outer ring road, near to CISCO.
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:47   #63
BHPian

Quote:
I have reported, and I am going tomorow for my first assurance check up where I shall obtain their feedback. It is not HU or perfume bottle, as my perfume bottle is sitting in the door magazine area in a tight manner. I feel its the transmission/clutch zone that needs to be checked, as I can also feel slight vibrations on the clutch pedal, that is comparitively less or nil on the other A & B pedals..
Did you get any updates on this issue?

Or Is it something like this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ed-remedy.html

Now I have got a feeling that some sort of this sound is coming from my car, need to do some follow-up.

Last edited by kavu75 : 3rd November 2009 at 09:50.
Old 4th November 2009, 12:13   #64
BHPian

Completed the 1st assurance checkup at KROPEX, Hosur Road, BLR.

Completed the 1st assurance checkup at KROPEX, Hosur Road, BLR.

I left my car on 31 Oct at Kropex, met the showroom head who was really curious to know about TBHP(when he saw my no. plate TBHP stickers). So I explained him the about the group and the various happenings that take place at the forum. I could see that he was impressed !

Truly, TBHP signature has helped me at various places !!!

I collected my car last evening after the 1st assurance checkup and the following are the updates :

- Car has clocked around 1280 kms after 1 month and 5 days.
- Below were my concerns that I had raised with the dealer for obtaining a resolution.
- Most of the concerns were minor except for the one i have highlighted at the end.

1) Rattling noises, mainly from within Dash and doors
> Got it rectified as the Autocop installation was improper. The doors were checked for loose fittings. Now the cabin is absolutely silent except for the humming noise(fan) originating from the AMP.

2) Water marks(that's what they said) on rear hood door and roof top.
> Rectified by rubbing and waxing.

3) Engine oil change(and oil filter)
> Though the engine oil change was due only at 5000 kms, from the various expert opinions in TBHP I got the oil changed out of my request. This was the only payable item as part of the check up.

4) Seat Cover stitches had started wearing out
> Rectified by performing a restitch work.

5) Horn installation
> I bought a new set of horns from Root(sounds similar to the Skoda horn) that got fitted too.

6) Cleaning, Waxing and Vacuum of the Car was also done. The dash board cleaning job was not satisfactory as I could still see finger marks here and there.

7) LHS mirror plastic assembly started developing minor visible roughness(probably due to heat)
> Got it replaced. Though plastics are not covered under warranty, I decided not to pay for it as I dont expect such issues in a brand new car. The service advisor understood my concern and it was not charged to me. Of course the approval for waiver took 2 days, and the part had to be sourced from TVS.

8) Vibration on clutch pedal and noise while leaving the clutch suddenly.
When the engine is strained, especially at lower rpms negotiating a acute curve at 1st gears, or accelerating the car uphill from stop on an inclined slope, there seem to be vibrations(also equivalent to a very mild grinding feeling ) especially on the clutch pedal and the floor area.
Also if the clutch is left suddenly(at the same time not rashly) there is a mild click noise that can be heard originating from the bonnet area. This happens at both stands till and moving positions.
> The service advisor got this issue checked with the tech experts at GM and Kropex, and mentioned that all AVEOs have the above issue. I confirmed this by performing a TD of a new AVEO where I noticed similar issues. Also the service advisor mentioned that the issues will fade away as the vehicle clocks more kms. I am not convinced with this. I have requested the explanation in the form of a mail from Kropex/GM. At the same time I have escalated this issue to the showroom head so as to find a permanent fix as I dont expect such issues in the cars of this segment. I have to wait and watch.

Overall Kropex experience has been satisfactory, but requires improvements on areas like regularly updating customers on the work progress, delivery dates etc, service advisors should improve their technical knowhow et al.

Also I am not really happy with the following

1) Wind noise from LHS
The noise can be heard inside at the front LHS at speeds of 60 kmph and above, that is still not rectified.
2) My precious Ganesha idol is missing !!! I am really furious at this, as it was an unique idol made of some precious stone.

I would be reporting the above 2 issues as soon as possible to find a resolution.

Total charges incurred
3.75L ELF 15w40 Engine oil and filter = Rs.835/- (the oil change request that I had raised)

In general, the vehicle has been performing well and we are enjoying the drive ! I am planning for my next long drive. Kudremukh, Chikmaglur, Goa are some of the places I have in mind !

PS: I have started revving the car into rpms of 3000 and above. Though there is a general statement of the car being sluggish, I am satisfied with the overall performance. I think the car needs to be just tamed rightly !!!

@kavu75..perhaps we should meet up sometime and analyze the issue together. Also, together if we approach Kropex or other GM dealers, we should be able to find effective and timely solutions.
Let the GM people know that there is a small union of Chevy users. I am already part of the PUG yahoo group and every PUG users(along with TBHP membership) earns their own space of respect from the FIAT folks when it comes to service or issues and all those !!!
Old 4th November 2009, 12:34   #65
Senior - BHPian

Missing Ganesh Idol - Did you not check this up when you took the car from the service centre? Probably, they might have removed it (and kept it somewhere) enable to clean the dashboard. Phone them quickly !

Thanks
Old 4th November 2009, 12:52   #66
BHPian

S3va
Thanks for the detailed updates.
Idol - they might be misplaced while cleaning. Check with them as nairrk said.

Yeah, we can meet sometime.
Old 4th November 2009, 12:57   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

5) Horn installation
> I bought a new set of horns from Root(sounds similar to the Skoda horn) that got fitted too.
Did it called for any rewiring? And how much did it cost?
Old 4th November 2009, 14:35   #68
BHPian

nair, kavu, mjothi
I have been trying to reach the service advisor to check about the missing idol. But no go. So I just spoke to the showroom head who has promised to call me back.
My bad, I didnt check the idol while taking delivery of the vehicle last night.

@mjothi. No re-wiring involved, as I just replaced the stock horns with the Roots, Having both stock and after market required the purchase of a relay and switch. They didnt charge me for any installations probably for the reason that there wasnt too much of work involved. The horns costed me about Rs.450
Old 14th November 2009, 23:52   #69
BHPian

Alloy wheels fitted..tyres changed !!!

Quick update..

Vehicle has completed 1500 kms so far. I had to send the car to Kropex once again to fix certain paint issues and Air noise through front LHS window at speeds of 50-60 and above. Both issues have got sorted.

Looks like the signature sluggishness at lower rpms has improved slightly. Hoping for further improvement !

I havent checked Mileage so far, tomorrow I am going to top it up with Shell to perform a check.

Today, I got the alloy wheels installed and replaced the stock Goodyears with Yoko-A drives...wallet didnt allow me for the Michelins !

The difference -> steering has become lighter, drive quality further improved, handling is really good now. I will test the braking at high speeds factor soon and post my feedback !

Also I shall post the pics and details about the install very soon !!!

Next install, A Good Air Filter, am looking at PiperCross, Green cotton and the usual K&N...suggestions are welcome !!!
Old 15th November 2009, 09:55   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hope you might have done wheel balancing/alignment after changing the tyres/alloys
as this is recommended by all car manufacturers.
Thanks
Old 15th November 2009, 18:59   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Hope you might have done wheel balancing/alignment after changing the tyres/alloys
as this is recommended by all car manufacturers.
Thanks
Yes wheel balancing done & nitrogen filled into the tyres, alignment not required as the car has run only 1500 kms and not required..

Any AVEO users who have installed after market Air filters, I would request feedback !!
Old 7th December 2009, 13:22   #72
BHPian

crossed 2100 kms

The Vehicle has crossed 2100 kms and a slight concern of the FE.

I checked the in-city FE when the car had completed 200 kms and now when it completed 2100 kms. At both the instances I recieved a dismal figure of 8 kmpl. I checked the FE through the best tried method by topping up the tank. Though I dont have an exact FE figure on long drive, as I have done only 1 long drive so far, I had a feeling that the car was guzzling fuel moderately on long drives.

My Driving conditions : mostly the car is driven for daily commute purpose ie home to office that is about 8-10 kms. Hardly I get a chance to drive the car in 4th and 5th gears and sometimes even 3rd. Mixed used of A/C and not constantly on A/C. Since there is a sluggishness in lower rpms, I tend to over-pedal so as to gain torque and catch up with the traffic.

Experts, Any idea why such a dismal figure of 8 kmpl, while reviews/reports say the AVEO 1.4 gves an avg of 10-12 kmpl in the city ?
Will this improve after first service that is due at 5000 kms ?

Otherwise, the ride is enjoyable !

Last edited by s3va : 7th December 2009 at 13:23.
Old 14th December 2009, 07:58   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any AVEO users who have installed after market Air filters, I would request feedback !!
We had members who used K&N and had good feedback. I haven't tried yet.

Quote:
Experts, Any idea why such a dismal figure of 8 kmpl, while reviews/reports say the AVEO 1.4 gves an avg of 10-12 kmpl in the city ?
Will this improve after first service that is due at 5000 kms ?
Yes. There are chance for improvements. But I dont think it would be drastic. I too feel 8kmpl is on lesser side. Did you checked with service guys? What are they saying?

I have noticed that if the car was driven above 80kmph, it mileage is greatly affected. That's for long drive.

Several times driving below 80kmph (yes, its tough) on the Chennai - Bangy road, I have noticed it giving me around 14kmpl. Most other times driving around 100kmph, its only 11-12kmpl.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:16   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey s3va,

Where are the pictures of your alloys and tyres? On the mileage front, 8km/lt needs checking. I get 10.5km/lt in Bangalore CBD traffic with 50% AC and upsized tyres (195/60).

When you 'over-pedal', do you mean pressing down harder on the accelerator or slipping the clutch? Unsure if the former could lead to higher fuel use; it should NOT IMHO.

Incidentally, mjothi is very right on the highway mileage issue. I drove Hyd-Blr (alone; miminal AC) in 8 hours with usual cruising speeds of 100km/hr (with bursts upto 140km/hr) and got a mileage of only 12.5km/lt. I am certain that with a 'sedate' speed of 80km/hr, the mileage will be much more.

Post those picture ASAP!!

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th December 2009 at 16:18. Reason: Typo
Old 14th December 2009, 18:19   #75
BHPian

yeah, this 8kmpl is lower side, may be needs some checking. Bangalore CBD traffic i am getting in between 10-11 and on long drive 12-14 depends on my driving condition.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks