Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 23:06   #1
BHPian

Another Ritz in the family

Hi Everyone,

We have taken delivery of racing green Ritz VXI today. I love the responsive, silky smooth petrol engine. This is my first petrol car in my family, hope it will be a pet in the future. On Road Price : 4,67,000/- Dealership provided with Mud flap, Floor mats, Steering grip and 500 discount on sun film. I have few issues in PDI, experts please help,

1) There are visible scratches in 2-3 places, it didn't disappear after wax coating also

2) Dealer provided only 5 lts of Petrol. Is it normal or i should have asked for more?

3) Bonner becomes hot compared to diesel, Is it OK?

I will post pictures tomorrow.
Old 10th October 2009, 00:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Hi Everyone,

We have taken delivery of racing green Ritz VXI today. I love the responsive, silky smooth petrol engine. This is my first petrol car in my family, hope it will be a pet in the future. On Road Price : 4,67,000/- Dealership provided with Mud flap, Floor mats, Steering grip and 500 discount on sun film. I have few issues in PDI, experts please help,

1) There are visible scratches in 2-3 places, it didn't disappear after wax coating also

scratches happen during the unloading process. As you have already taken delivery, there is nothing you can do now. Try to get them polished during the first service.

2) Dealer provided only 5 lts of Petrol. Is it normal or i should have asked for more?
5 liters is perfectly normal

Not really sure about this one as I have never driven a diesel car, but maybe due to non existence/thinner insulating material which also acts as noise insulator? It might be thicker in diesel cars preventing the hood getting more hot? Just a guess though!

Congrats on your newest acquisition. Do post pictures at the earliest opportunity.
Drive safe!
Please find my responses inline.
Old 10th October 2009, 09:25   #3
Team-BHP Support

Which dealer is this? Is this bangalore? Hod did you get the VXi for 4.67L. The on-road price in bangalore is 4.98L for VXi.
Old 13th October 2009, 10:26   #4
BHPian

As promised here are some pictures. Second picture is where i pointed out the scratch. Dealer said he will remove the scratch and re-paint if possible. Car is running well, initial pickup is very good compared to diesel.

Accessories and ICE update

1) Garware Sun control film - Green shade which matches with the car's color.

2) Pioneer DEH-3190UB DVD player with Pioneer door speakers.

3) Panasound DVD head rest DVD monitors (2)

4) Xenos remote lock

5) Seat cover

We are yet to change tyres to 185/70 R14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Which dealer is this? Is this bangalore? Hod did you get the VXi for 4.67L. The on-road price in bangalore is 4.98L for VXi.
Hosur - Amman cars, since the car won't be driven much around Bangalore.

Few recommendation to other Ritz owners,

1) A good Steering grip - It means a lot since steering wheel is not meaty. After steering grip, you will have confident in your driving.

2) Door guard - To avoid scratches in tight parking spaces.

Overall, first petrol car in our family is good, yet another satisfied Ritz owner
Attached Thumbnails
Another Ritz in the family-image0018.jpg  

Another Ritz in the family-image0020.jpg  

Old 13th October 2009, 10:34   #5
BHPian

Quote:

2) Pioneer DEH-3190UB DVD player with Pioneer door speakers.

3) Panasound DVD head rest DVD monitors (2)
Congrats buddy on your new aquisition. Would love to see the photographs of 2, 3
Old 13th October 2009, 12:43   #6
BHPian

Congrats Funda 2 Max - Nice pick RITZ is rocking the market with good sales.
Please do post more the pictures of ur new pet
Old 13th October 2009, 12:58   #7
BHPian

The bonnet of Ritz petrol version doesn't get hot at all. But you will be able to feel the hot air from the front grill.
Old 13th October 2009, 13:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Ritz.
Can we have some pics of the ICE Setup please?
Old 13th October 2009, 21:01   #9
BHPian

I will post the ICE pictures over the weekend since car is not here at Bangalore now.
Old 27th October 2009, 17:43   #10
BHPian

Hey, any update on the car? How many kms have you clocked?
Old 4th January 2010, 23:10   #11

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Hi funda2max,

Many congrats on your buy. I recently took delivery of my own Ritz Vxi (Silky Silver) in Mumbai and was as concerned about the car getting hot very soon. But I suppose you just need to give it time as the rough edges ease out and car parts get used to each other. Let me know if the problem still persists in your car.

In fact, just on the 2nd day of the delivery, I started experiencing rattling from the co-passenger seat belt slot. I fired the dealership for giving me such a piece..to which they rehauled the entire seat belt console.

While the problem appears fixed..my experience has now made me just too sensitive to any noise in the car..I fear this is not very healthy for my mental peace

Nevertheless, i am now focussing on getting ICE (pioneer headunit and JBL speakers) and thinking of getting transparent side covers..what do you think (color is silky siver)?

Also could you mention what you paid for Pioneer headunit?
Old 5th January 2010, 02:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hosur - Amman cars, since the car won't be driven much around Bangalore.
is it Tamilnadu registration. should workout lot cheaper.
Old 5th January 2010, 07:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Funda2max,

Congrats on your new car. Ritz is a good car. It is a comfortable driving car. Regarding Engine I am a diesel guy. Your petrol heads would help you. You had the full right to reject the piece with scratches. If it was known to the dealer and if it is not the scratch made by you. Why don't you complaint to Maruti. They take immediate action.
Old 5th January 2010, 08:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car man! Forget the scratches. If it really bothers you, pester the dealer to do something about it in the first service. Look at the bright side, a prospective scratcher will see the existing ones and go away dissappointed considering someone else has done the honors already.

I had a friend who brought a pulsar. Silver color. Every little scratch make a cut to his heart. Once in the parking lot he found his bike on the floor with nice scratches on the visor. Since then he stopped bothering and started enjoying the bike.

Congrats again! Drive safe.
Old 5th January 2010, 08:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hi Prince,

You are right, if he gets the car out of turn,with the concern of accepting the scratches. Other wise Maruti Udyog itself never appreciate the dealer selling like this. It is true I don't bother much about the scratches made by us, but not from the dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks