Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 10:57   #31
BHPian

Personally, I'd rather "rip" the car to shreds than try to eek out a little more mileage
Old 13th October 2009, 15:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
iTnerd:When is your civic coming?White is also a gorgeous color.
Hoping to get delivery by the last week of this month! I initially decided for black, but after seeing the type R Civic on white, I was sold! Besides, my earlier two cars - 800 and SX4 were both white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
mkc15: congrats on your car. I saw the new revision Civic while taking my car for service on Saturday, and i must say they made a car which was already looking good fantastic. Some subtle changes - but very dramatic impact.
BTW, love the front of this Type R! The new Civic has almost the same identical front! Notice that in the Type R, the honda logo chrome bar is the same as that of the last Civic.. and it looks awesome! Would the bar from the last civic fits into the new facelifted Civic?

Honda Civic 2009: 'Pure exhilaration' further improved-whitecivic.jpg

The Civic base variant (S MT) resembles the above, without the fog lamp and the ORVM indicator. Also, in white, the type R inspired front is exposed clearly than in other colors.

Last edited by iTNerd : 13th October 2009 at 15:46.
Old 13th October 2009, 15:51   #33
Team-BHP Support

Hey iTnerd, so no Cruze for you ?
Old 13th October 2009, 15:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

@mkc15: Great choice of car and colour too ! She looks darn inviting to say the least. I suppose the colour is polished metal.

Keep us updated on her performance and mileage figures.
Old 13th October 2009, 16:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hey iTnerd, so no Cruze for you ?
No Cruze for more! Though it appears to be a fantastic buy, a bit apprenhensive about the untested product, reliability and brand perception and of course, resale. I made the same mistake when buying the SX4 (listening to my mind) when it was launched rather than a Fiesta 1.6 (which was what my heart wanted), though SX4 was a good car.. and now again at the same juncture - Mind says Cruze, heart says Civic and this time, I have decided to listen to my heart!

Quote:
@iTNerd
Congrats. Yes, paddles work in D mode (works only in S-mode in old civic). From what I have observed so far, it works/engages beyond ~1200rpm in D mode. Another difference I noticed is that, when you try to shift up and if the rpm does not permit it, the number blinks a couple of times and then shows the current gear. IIRC, old civic does not do any blinking, it continues to display the current gear (no feedback). Civic owners, correct me if I'm wrong.
That is nice! You enjoy paddling!

Quote:
I'm not the right person to talk about the quality of leather, as I haven't seen much. But I liked it a lot, its not soft and not too hard (but slightly hard). Leather in Altis is slightly softer than the Civic's and I felt they are slightly more comfortable. From my 3-day ownership experience, it does not get uncomfortable at all, when parked in sun for 2+ hours.
The leather on the Altis has a greeny touch and is way way soft, so much, it looks like a PU leather.. the one in the Civic feels way better and fits nicely.. only that I happened to TD the new V MT and had 1200 kms on the odo, and noticed the wrinkles and uneven patches..that's where I was apprehensive about the quality.. may be I was expecting too much

Any plan to put sun films?

Last edited by iTNerd : 13th October 2009 at 16:38.
Old 14th October 2009, 13:15   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on an excellent drivers car! Please take her out for spirited drives (after running-in the engine, of course)! You really have to stretch her legs on the open road to enjoy the Civic. Nice to hear a confirmation of the stiffened rear suspension, and that it doesn't scrape on the same speed breakers that an old Civic did.

Good pictures. Drive safe!
Old 14th October 2009, 23:16   #37
BHPian

Went to the dealer's for the pre-registration inspection this morning and forgot to take pics on my sad VGA (0.3 megapixel) phone cam. Delivery is due in about a week's time and I plan to shoot with a new Sony Cybershot DSC-WX1 which I should have purchased by then! I'll start an ownership thread for myself at that time...

Questions:

1. Anyone seen how the "blue ambient lighting" looks at night? just noticed it listed in the specs.
2. Spare tyre is non alloy, is that normal for the new Civic SMT?
3. They said "Wave Key" is the same as the engine immobilizer feature, true? What is "wave key" exactly?

Til then, a page from the marketing brochure:
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic 2009: 'Pure exhilaration' further improved-civicbrochurepagesmall.jpg  

Old 15th October 2009, 09:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalrao View Post
Went to the dealer's for the pre-registration inspection this morning and forgot to take pics on my sad VGA (0.3 megapixel) phone cam. Delivery is due in about a week's time and I plan to shoot with a new Sony Cybershot DSC-WX1 which I should have purchased by then! I'll start an ownership thread for myself at that time...
Congratulation! Which color had you booked?

Quote:
Questions:

1. Anyone seen how the "blue ambient lighting" looks at night? just noticed it listed in the specs.
The ambient light comes on when you turn on the headlights. It gives a nice blue glow. Very useful for lighting up the cup holders and gear shifter. It is not suppose to be bright, so its not much distraction when driving at night.

Quote:
Yes. It's the same with V variant as well. Stingy Honda!

Quote:
3. They said "Wave Key" is the same as the engine immobilizer feature, true? What is "wave key" exactly?
Yes, it works with the engine immbolizer. Wave Key is for Honda, as iCAT is for Maruti. Had in my SX4. Both works in the same way, I guess. That is, there is a special code in the key and when it is inserted into the ignition, the key code is read and transmitted to the ECU. Once the code is verified, feedback is sent to the Immobilizer Control Unit (ICU), which allows the engine to start. Otherwise, the engine is immobilized and that guarantees complete security against car theft. So, duplicate keys made outside would immobolize the car

Last edited by iTNerd : 15th October 2009 at 09:20.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:38   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
It was a challenge to keep it under 2500rpm. In exaggerated terms, its actually a speedo not a tacho! However, I kept the speedo under 70kmph throughout.
Mate, you don't have to baby it at 70kmph, ha ha. Just keep it under 3500-4000 rpm and below 120 kmph.

We are not living in the 1980's anymore.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:18   #40
BHPian

Thanks for the info iTNerd, I'm getting a silver SMT...
Old 15th October 2009, 11:31   #41
RJK
Senior - BHPian

So I got me a new white civic S-MT too, same pinch iTNerd, hehe. Drove the corolla, really wanted to buy a toyota this time but the damn back seat (bench) just appeared to end abruptly in the corolla whereas in the civic it extends further and my thighs are well supported. Also, I don't if its just me but I didn't find much of a difference between the ride quality of the corolla and the civic, am I crazy ? Because everyone seems to rave about corolla's better ride and pathetic bouncing and pitching of the civic, didn't appear to be the case when I drove it. Both the TD cars had run just about 1500kms odd.
Old 15th October 2009, 13:46   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalrao View Post
1. It is quite dim, you can notice only when its completely dark. Not sure if its really useful.

2. IIRC, Honda stopped giving spare alloy sometime in 2008. BTW this is OK IMO, as many cars (D, D+ including) do not come with spare alloys. Ofcourse Altis has it! (have seen in GL/VL models)

3. Wave cut keys are not related to the security system per se. Its just the way the lock levers are made to make things difficult for duplicating the key.
Old 15th October 2009, 15:38   #43
BHPian

Thanx for the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Please take her out for spirited drives (after running-in the engine, of course)! You really have to stretch her legs on the open road to enjoy the Civic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Mate, you don't have to baby it at 70kmph, ha ha. Just keep it under 3500-4000 rpm and below 120 kmph. We are not living in the 1980's anymore.
I wanted to get some inputs on this. From what I heard, during run-in, its good to keep her <2500rpm for the first 2500km. However, the owner's manual just says 'avoid rapid acceleration'. So whats the best driving style during run-in ?

Also, has anyone lately bought an additional key-with-remote for a Civic. I read the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nda-civic.html, but I'm not sure if anyone ever bought one for a Civic. I checked with the dealer yesterday and they said, it would cost ~8K and is a lengthy process (need FIR or ownership certificate, etc).

Appreciate your inputs. Thanx.
Old 15th October 2009, 15:46   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I wanted to get some inputs on this. From what I heard, during run-in, its good to keep her <2500rpm for the first 2500km. However, the owner's manual just says 'avoid rapid acceleration'. So whats the best driving style during run-in ?
I would go with the owners manual, and you can check the extensive running in article in TBHP. But in short there is nothing like you need to keep RPM's low for modern engines. Instead "properly" load the engine in varying rpms, never over do or sissy with it.

In short drive normal using all the gears, without lugging and all. But avoid aggressive acceleration and breaking. Always idle/warm a new engine for 30 sec's or so, before moving out and then avoid high revs till the temp gauge climbs to operating temperature.

Quote:
Also, has anyone lately bought an additional key-with-remote for a Civic. I read the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nda-civic.html, but I'm not sure if anyone ever bought one for a Civic. I checked with the dealer yesterday and they said, it would cost ~8K and is a lengthy process (need FIR or ownership certificate, etc).

Appreciate your inputs. Thanx.
You didnt get a duplicate key? and am happy to hear that the key is 8K since last time we checked for Crv it was 14k !! Coming to keys be very careful while removing that small screw, better give it to a watch repair guy. We have bust the head and now stuck with a remoteless remote locking key

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th October 2009 at 15:47.
Old 15th October 2009, 15:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
But in short there is nothing like you need to keep RPM's low for modern engines. Instead "properly" load the engine in varying rpms, never over do or sissy with it.

In short drive normal using all the gears, without lugging and all. But avoid aggressive acceleration and breaking. Always idle/warm a new engine for 30 sec's or so, before moving out and then avoid high revs till the temp gauge climbs to operating temperature.
Thanx. Now I'm relieved. Let me play a bit with her on my way home today!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
You didnt get a duplicate key? and am happy to hear that the key is 8K since last time we checked for Crv it was 14k !! Coming to keys be very careful while removing that small screw, better give it to a watch repair guy. We have bust the head and now stuck with a remoteless remote locking key
It came with a duplicate key but without remote. Just wanted to get one additional key with remote, if not too expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks