Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 22:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Did you opt for some specific registration number for your car? I am told that now it will be very expensive (20k+) if the requested number is not in the running series. I dont need a fancy number, just a specific regular number that I used to have on all our family vehicles. Does anybody has experience in getting this done?
Looks like we are sailing in the same boat ! I am doing my homework on the same. What you heard is correct on the charges for the special number. But since you say the number you are asking for is not a fancy number, I am sure you would be able to get it by paying around 8K. For example, if you want the number 7958 you will have to wait till the running number reaches 6958. But, if the running number in the current series has already crossed the number you want then you dont have a choice but to go for the next series. In this case you will have no choice but to spend 20K+ on the number.
Old 17th February 2010, 23:52   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Looks like we are sailing in the same boat ! I am doing my homework on the same. What you heard is correct on the charges for the special number. But since you say the number you are asking for is not a fancy number, I am sure you would be able to get it by paying around 8K. For example, if you want the number 7958 you will have to wait till the running number reaches 6958. But, if the running number in the current series has already crossed the number you want then you dont have a choice but to go for the next series. In this case you will have no choice but to spend 20K+ on the number.
@vasoo, sorry I missed your question. Yes I did take a fancy number from the running series for 2.5K IIRC. Now the same is ~6K I read. Better not take it.
Old 18th February 2010, 08:11   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
@vasoo, sorry I missed your question. Yes I did take a fancy number from the running series for 2.5K IIRC. Now the same is ~6K I read. Better not take it.
@manu: Are you sure you coughed up only 2.5K? If true, its a great deal. Here, in chennai the same number would have costed a minimum of 8.5K. We pay 2.5K for a fancy number for a bike here.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:51   #94
BHPian

Quote:
@manu: Are you sure you coughed up only 2.5K? If true, its a great deal. Here, in chennai the same number would have costed a minimum of 8.5K. We pay 2.5K for a fancy number for a bike here.
rr_zen, vasoo and mkc15

my car is on temporary registration from last week and has not yet been registered since i am waiting for the number i had asked
If the number you are asking is available in the current running series in the RTO where it is being registered you can block the number for 25K and booking is valid for 90 days before which you need to get your vehicle registered, also some fancy numbers like those having 9's 7's single digits and doube digits cost more than 25k.
If the number you are asking is not available in the current running series and it is in next upcoming series not opened in RTO yet, then the cost is 75k for booking valid for 90 days.
In my case the number i asked is very close in current running series and will come into running series in 10-12 days, so my delaer said he will talk to rto folks and block that number without official blocking and take the vehicle for registration on that day when it comes into running series. He has some understanding with RTO folks and says can get it done, hence i opted for temp registration for time being(costed 1.5K for temp registration) since he was confident for getting the number in 10 days. My car should get registered today/tomorrow with that number hopefully, but i may end up paying 3-4K extra for dealer for this effort, he told approx that would be cost and not more.
Old 18th February 2010, 13:01   #95
BHPian

Quote:
I said no to parking sensors for 2 reasons (subjective).
- they spoil the looks
- not really useful in the long run

I went for CS35 for rear+sides, CR70 for front. I didnt like RE series for its reflective props. I have some reflective series (it was called Neutral or something by 3M ~5.5 years ago) on my Ikon and I'm quite happy with it. But RE somehow didnt look good on Civic especially for polished metal metallic. I also heard RE series will affect radio/mobile signals. I find CS35 perfect for Civic's glass area; its not too dark not too light (again subjective). I got sun-films done from Car Shringar (near Life style).

No other accessories other than sun-film.
mkc15 - please provide costing and also post picutres after you put on sun film, since my color is same it will be of great help, thanks in advance
Did you also enquire Vcool stuff ?
Old 19th February 2010, 00:17   #96
BHPian

@penpavan, I got CR70 + CS35 for 9.5K with bill and warranty (5yrs, 3 yrs respectively) from Car Shringar(Near Lifestyle). The application was done by 3M guys and they did an excellent job. Here are some pics you asked.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic 2009: 'Pure exhilaration' further improved-kanyakumari-227.jpg  

Honda Civic 2009: 'Pure exhilaration' further improved-civic-001.jpg  

Honda Civic 2009: 'Pure exhilaration' further improved-civic-008.jpg  

Old 19th February 2010, 08:39   #97
Senior - BHPian

@Manu: Cool snaps there. How do you find the film on the front windshield? I am a little apprehensive about having film there as it might impair visibility. However, would like to know how you feel esp during nights. Also, can you post a pic in that angle where the front windscreen can be seen? Thanks
Old 19th February 2010, 09:57   #98
Senior - BHPian

Great pics, mkc. Btw, is the boot open in the first picture or is it an illusion? The location in the pics looks like from Kerala.

Mine is going to be H.Red colour, not my favorite, but then, some things are not in our hand . I am not yet decided on the windscreen film, need to see some cars with it and then will decide. I dont understand the difference between these CS, CR ,RE etc.. all looks same to me except that RE film is a bit reflective.

Last edited by vasoo : 19th February 2010 at 09:59.
Old 19th February 2010, 15:36   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Great pics, mkc. Btw, is the boot open in the first picture or is it an illusion? The location in the pics looks like from Kerala.

Mine is going to be H.Red colour, not my favorite, but then, some things are not in our hand . I am not yet decided on the windscreen film, need to see some cars with it and then will decide. I dont understand the difference between these CS, CR ,RE etc.. all looks same to me except that RE film is a bit reflective.
MKC15 - thanks for the pics, i am looking something which doesnot get very dark, but still does the job, pl enlighten us what is CS, CR, RE ?
how do feel the heat inside when riding in sun without AC which would be a good way to test the effect of the film
Old 20th February 2010, 08:29   #100
BHPian

@rr_zen: I had similar concerns, but it does not impair visibility at all (even for night driving). Its perfectly safe, no worries. The heat rejection with front sunfilm is very impressive. Even if I park in hot sun, it does not become an oven; my ikon without front sunfilm would bake a pizza. One side-effect is that, the temperature sensor on the dash (at the bottom of windshield) will get a bit confused and outside temperature will be incorrect. Here is the PIC you asked, but its hard to make out any difference!

Regrading fancy number, I remember I paid 2.5K because I went for a number adding up to a specific number. The rates at that time (Oct-09) were 6K for a specific number from current series and 25K for a new series. Later this was revised by RTO and I think its 25K for the current series itself.

@vasoo: yes the boot was open. First PIC was taken near Kanyakumari, others are from Channapattana (near Maddur).

@penpavan, vasoo: The difference b/w these series is mainly the property of the material to give different visible light transmission(VLT) and heat-rejection (combination) properties. I think CR is mainly for front screen and expensive (3M claims it uses nano-tech!). I considered only CS and RE. $$$ same for both. Checkout the properties here 3M India: Other Automotive films.
Comparing RE-50 and CS-50 both having same VLT, RE gives better heat rejection compared to CS. But to me, RE series didn't look nice on Civic in polished metal and CS-50 was too light. CS35 suited best with heat rejection same as RE-50 and slightly darker than RE/CS-50 and not reflective (so no interference with radio signals too). With CS70 + CS35, heat rejection is very impressive.

Hey, BTW, if you are very particular about it, we can meet sometime and you can see my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic 2009: 'Pure exhilaration' further improved-civic-015.jpg  

Old 20th February 2010, 14:42   #101
BHPian

Quote:
@rr_zen: I had similar concerns, but it does not impair visibility at all (even for night driving). Its perfectly safe, no worries. The heat rejection with front sunfilm is very impressive. Even if I park in hot sun, it does not become an oven; my ikon without front sunfilm would bake a pizza. One side-effect is that, the temperature sensor on the dash (at the bottom of windshield) will get a bit confused and outside temperature will be incorrect. Here is the PIC you asked, but its hard to make out any difference!

Regrading fancy number, I remember I paid 2.5K because I went for a number adding up to a specific number. The rates at that time (Oct-09) were 6K for a specific number from current series and 25K for a new series. Later this was revised by RTO and I think its 25K for the current series itself.

@vasoo: yes the boot was open. First PIC was taken near Kanyakumari, others are from Channapattana (near Maddur).

@penpavan, vasoo: The difference b/w these series is mainly the property of the material to give different visible light transmission(VLT) and heat-rejection (combination) properties. I think CR is mainly for front screen and expensive (3M claims it uses nano-tech!). I considered only CS and RE. $$$ same for both. Checkout the properties here 3M India: Other Automotive films.
Comparing RE-50 and CS-50 both having same VLT, RE gives better heat rejection compared to CS. But to me, RE series didn't look nice on Civic in polished metal and CS-50 was too light. CS35 suited best with heat rejection same as RE-50 and slightly darker than RE/CS-50 and not reflective (so no interference with radio signals too). With CS70 + CS35, heat rejection is very impressive.

Hey, BTW, if you are very particular about it, we can meet sometime and you can see my car.

MKC15 - thanks for all the details and guidance, i think i shall blindy leverage your research and go for purchase. It is looking nice on your car and not so dark as well.
BTW - which part of bangalore you are in ? I work in infantry rd and stay near hebbal
Old 20th February 2010, 19:37   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pic. It looks neat and impossible to notice on first look. So far I have not had sun film on the front windshield on any of my cars. However, I am evaluating this option now due to the following reasons:

1. The front windscreen covers a huge area in the Civic and it is imperative that the sunlight/heat entering through it is kept as minimum as possible owing to the fact that it would affect the a/c cooling inside the cabin.

2. I do not want the dashboard to take the brunt of the sunlight ( I know I cannot avoid that in its entirety though) and cause it to fade away.

I am not too worried about the temp sensor and the possible incorrect reading it may show because of that.

So, I guess I will go with RE35(my universal choice thus far) for the sides and rear windscreen and CS70 for the front windscreen.

Last edited by rr_zen : 20th February 2010 at 19:40.
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:39   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pic. It looks neat and impossible to notice on first look. So far I have not had sun film on the front windshield on any of my cars. However, I am evaluating this option now due to the following reasons:

1. The front windscreen covers a huge area in the Civic and it is imperative that the sunlight/heat entering through it is kept as minimum as possible owing to the fact that it would affect the a/c cooling inside the cabin.

2. I do not want the dashboard to take the brunt of the sunlight ( I know I cannot avoid that in its entirety though) and cause it to fade away.

I am not too worried about the temp sensor and the possible incorrect reading it may show because of that.

So, I guess I will go with RE35(my universal choice thus far) for the sides and rear windscreen and CS70 for the front windscreen.
Good points. For me I really don't see parking the car long time in sunlight as I have covered parking both at home and office. But it may be an issue when I go for long trips. Btw, did you take delivery of your car? I am taking it next week.
Old 4th March 2010, 20:44   #104
Senior - BHPian

@mkc15, did you change tyres for your car? My car comes with crappy Goodyear NCT5 tyres and I am planning to change them for Michelin Primacy LC 205/65 R15 straight out of showroom.

@rr_zen, when are you taking delivery? Any plans for tyre change? My car has arrived at dealer and my loan will be disbursed tomorrow. Planning to take delivery sometime early next week.
Old 4th March 2010, 21:03   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@mkc15, did you change tyres for your car? My car comes with crappy Goodyear NCT5 tyres and I am planning to change them for Michelin Primacy LC 205/65 R15 straight out of showroom.

@rr_zen, when are you taking delivery? Any plans for tyre change? My car has arrived at dealer and my loan will be disbursed tomorrow. Planning to take delivery sometime early next week.
My car arrived at the showroom on 15th Feb. Have paid a visit to the showroom and did a complete check to my satisfaction. Am waiting for a special number in the current series and hence the delay in taking the car. I should be taking it next week or the week after that.

Btw, my car has come with Bridgestone tyres. Still debating whether to upsize or not. Have taken the go ahead from the sales guy on this too. Looks like mostly I will go for the upsizing.

If my memory serves right, you have opted for Habanero Red. Correct me if am wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks