Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2010, 08:32   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
@mkc15, did you change tyres for your car? My car comes with crappy Goodyear NCT5 tyres and I am planning to change them for Michelin Primacy LC 205/65 R15 straight out of showroom.
I too wanted to change to M-PLC 205 straight out of showroom, but wasn't so sure on the warranty. I had got a quote of ~11K for 5. After reading some reviews I thought I'll keep NCT5's for sometime. I still have stock tyres only and I dont find them so bad if I keep under 120kmph and dont do hard-cornering. However, I do think M-PLC will surely make a big difference. Me waiting for my NCT's to wear-off
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:43   #107

CR70 or CS70

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
CS35 suited best with heat rejection same as RE-50 and slightly darker than RE/CS-50 and not reflective (so no interference with radio signals too). With CS70 + CS35, heat rejection is very impressive.
Finally have you gone CR70 or CS70 for windscreen ?
I find there are mention about both at 2 places.
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:10   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post

So far I haven't seen the rear bottomming out even at 115kmph over undulations(I dont know how old Civic fares here).
Congrats on the Civic. I'm glad they stiffened the suspension. With 4 guys on board, my 3 year old Civic will bottom out even at the slightest of undulations.
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:03   #109
Senior - BHPian

I have RE35 on my car. There is absolutely no radio interference or whatsoever with that film. It is extremely useful and gives a good look to the car with its slight, but not overly. reflective surface. Dont have any film on my windscreen yet.

I had some bad experience of bottoming with my car in various humps around Bangalore including NH4 before Nelamangala and Bannerghatta road. I had 4 members in the car with very little luggage. Never scraped road on road undulations though.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:09   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopan View Post
Finally have you gone CR70 or CS70 for windscreen ?
I find there are mention about both at 2 places.
Sorry, its CR70. There is no CS70 actually.
Old 24th March 2010, 17:27   #111
BHPian

Quote:
I have RE35 on my car. There is absolutely no radio interference or whatsoever with that film. It is extremely useful and gives a good look to the car with its slight, but not overly. reflective surface. Dont have any film on my windscreen yet.

I had some bad experience of bottoming with my car in various humps around Bangalore including NH4 before Nelamangala and Bannerghatta road. I had 4 members in the car with very little luggage. Never scraped road on road undulations though.
Vasoo - can you post pics after you have done the sun film, Thanks, Did you see windscreen film ? what was the reason not going for it ?
Old 24th March 2010, 17:34   #112
Senior - BHPian

Re 35

See one picture below. I will post better pictures in my ownership thread. Also check the picture in my gallery. I dont think I need windscreen film primarily because I dont see myself parking it in sunlight either at home or office. However I am still evaluating...
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic 2009: 'Pure exhilaration' further improved-re35.jpg  

Last edited by vasoo : 24th March 2010 at 17:36.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:10   #113
Senior - BHPian

RE35 is my all time favourite and I have it both on my Esteem (for 7 years now) and my Civic as well.
@vasoo: RE35 looks stunning in your car more so due to the red colour. I suggest you go in for the front windshield film(CR70) as well. While you may have covered parking all the time, you will still need to take care while driving in hot sun.

@vasoo: Can you confirm if you got the film done for the front quarter glass. I insisted on getting it done on my car to have a uniform look and just so I dont allow the heat to enter through the front quarter glass(es)

Am yet to click pics of my car post the sun film installation. Will post them soon.

Last edited by rr_zen : 24th March 2010 at 18:14.
Old 25th March 2010, 11:56   #114
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@vasoo: Can you confirm if you got the film done for the front quarter glass. I insisted on getting it done on my car to have a uniform look and just so I dont allow the heat to enter through the front quarter glass(es)
I recently got film installed on my Civic, and covered the front quarter glasses as well. It's a tricky install due to the positioning of the glass. The first time I wasn't happy with the fitment; my installer did it right the second time.
Old 25th March 2010, 13:30   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Humps on Nelamangala are designed to slow down the trucks and buses and I am sure there is no sedan which doesn't scrape it's bottom on these
Old 25th March 2010, 13:35   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Humps on Nelamangala are designed to slow down the trucks and buses and I am sure there is no sedan which doesn't scrape it's bottom on these
Hmm. Then they should have a separate lane for small vehicles with smaller hump, possibly with a height restriction frame to prevent trucks and buses using it.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:51   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I recently got film installed on my Civic, and covered the front quarter glasses as well. It's a tricky install due to the positioning of the glass. The first time I wasn't happy with the fitment; my installer did it right the second time.
Precisely. It is a challenge to install it on the quarter glass when compared to the other areas. My installer too had to do it a second time for the right side as it did not come right the first time.

The first time I attempted this was on my uncle's Innova which prompted me to go in for the same in my Civic as well.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:56   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Precisely. It is a challenge to install it on the quarter glass when compared to the other areas. My installer too had to do it a second time for the right side as it did not come right the first time.

The first time I attempted this was on my uncle's Innova which prompted me to go in for the same in my Civic as well.
I dont think I have one on my Q glasses. Need to check though... Aren't they too small any way? Does it make any difference as the sunlight doesn't fall on passengers thought this in any case?
Old 25th March 2010, 15:48   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think I have one on my Q glasses. Need to check though... Aren't they too small any way? Does it make any difference as the sunlight doesn't fall on passengers thought this in any case?
They are indeed quite small but as I said earlier, the key reasons for me to go in for this are:
1. To have a uniform appearance on the side(s) when viewed from outside.
2. To ensure that heat doesn't come in through the quarter panels.
Old 25th March 2010, 18:53   #120
BHPian

I didn't get the Q's sun-filmed for the following reasons.
* Installer said its a bit tricky and will need a rework in most cases (didnt want him to scratch the dash and A-pillar plastics, just in case)
* Mine being CS35 (non-reflective), its hard to notice the difference in Q's (check the pics I have posted)
* Needed a place to stick the parking sticker :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks