Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 14:52   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I would have just cried... then and there. To be frank, my eyes became wet while reading this part.

Man, what an experience you had. I hope someday I'll be able to drive a supercar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
Your are really a lucky man to enjoy LP670,F3 and a ride with Tiff M3 on a same day which means you are very lucky that only few persons would have this experience in the world.you are now 1 in 1000 or may be 1 or 100000. Great write up!
I am truly overwhelmed by the response from you guys!!
Old 20th October 2009, 20:22   #47
BHPian

What can i say, i loved reading the writeup, felt i was there
What an experience, i have always loved the Lambos starting with the Countach.
What a ride it must have been, till i can save up for this experience i guess i have to be happy with my PS2.
Old 22nd October 2009, 00:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Amazing awesome excellent experience man!! Overwhelming. Phoof. Feels like God huh

Well for one How was the Experience being driven by Tiff neddel? More words on the same. Didnt you feel the requirement for more harness or better seat belts?
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:51   #49
BHPian

How do others go about doing this?

Awesome, awesome experience and thats just reading your stuff.

I might be visiting UK around April. Is there any way that I can enroll for this from here? Do they have a web site or something?
Old 23rd October 2009, 02:50   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Amazing awesome excellent experience man!! Overwhelming. Phoof. Feels like God huh

Well for one How was the Experience being driven by Tiff neddel? More words on the same. Didnt you feel the requirement for more harness or better seat belts?
Yeah feels awesome!

The experience with Tiff Needell was fantastic. Firstly, I could not believe that saw him - in the flesh. Secondly, I could not believe that I spoke to him. Lastly, it was hard to digest that HE would be taking ME for a spin on the circuit in a BMW M3!

Honestly, no words would do justice to the experience. The video gives you an idea of what it was like, but being there was something different altogether. I didnt feel the need for any kind of harness as such because he has so much control on the car. From the video it is pretty evident that I was being thrown about quite a bit, and honestly I could have held onto the door handle / armrest to keep myself tight in the seat, but it was actually fun just letting the g-forces push me around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
Awesome, awesome experience and thats just reading your stuff.

I might be visiting UK around April. Is there any way that I can enroll for this from here? Do they have a web site or something?
Yes check out Driving Experiences with Thruxton Motorsport Centre in Hampshire. the best way to reserve is over the phone.

( Gosh, I really should be charging them some kind of commission for the number of members on this forum that will visit Thruxton after reading this review! haha )
Old 23rd October 2009, 03:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hey, isn't Thruxton great? I've been on the Ultimate Supercar experience and the additional Formula Renault experience before. No Tiff Needell back then and obviously the cars are the current versions. Still, I also felt that the Formula Renault was more fun than any of the Ferraris, Lamborghinis, what have you, primarily because there's no instructor nannying you by your side!

Link to my thread from 2005 for those that are interested... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-thruxton.html

Cheers!

Last edited by kbk_75 : 23rd October 2009 at 03:33.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:51   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Hey, isn't Thruxton great? I've been on the Ultimate Supercar experience and the additional Formula Renault experience before. No Tiff Needell back then and obviously the cars are the current versions. Still, I also felt that the Formula Renault was more fun than any of the Ferraris, Lamborghinis, what have you, primarily because there's no instructor nannying you by your side!

Link to my thread from 2005 for those that are interested... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-thruxton.html

Cheers!
True kbk_75, Thruxton was fantastic! Looking forward to Rockingham / Silverstone next summer. The Formula Renault was definitely the pick of the lot. I have never driven anything quite like it!
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:05   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG View Post
True kbk_75, Thruxton was fantastic! Looking forward to Rockingham / Silverstone next summer. The Formula Renault was definitely the pick of the lot. I have never driven anything quite like it!
I would recommend you go back to Thruxton, the other circuits do not give you as much time in the car for the money.

Am due there mid November - am thinking of something different this time around!
Old 23rd October 2009, 23:57   #54
BHPian

The best experience of your lifetime. Thanks for sharing. Amazing write up.

One of the top 10 things to do in life.
Old 8th November 2009, 03:08   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I would recommend you go back to Thruxton, the other circuits do not give you as much time in the car for the money.

Am due there mid November - am thinking of something different this time around!
Yeah I didn't much care for the Mickey Mouse track at Rockingham. It was too small and twisty. Fine for a go kart, not much fun in a sports car.
Old 8th November 2009, 11:14   #56
Team-BHP Support

Key thing to look for is time on track

Thruxton maxes out on this and also the good family feel and 1:1 instruction
Everyman is a rushed affair and it is over before you know it - also you are squashed in a car with 2 others when showing the lines
Rockingham- too expensive for time offered. BMW used to run it but pulled out due to poor value offered.

Roll on saturday!

Most Viewed