Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 11:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hei, I guess we can approve your club membership only after you promise that you will get a tyre change and then a Pete's box

Enjoy the monster!
Old 14th October 2009, 11:32   #17
BHPian

Envy you man .. i have tried booking one without success . Enjoy your pocket rocket .
Old 14th October 2009, 11:44   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Congrats on your new beast WDP2!

One concern from my end - do you think a cut and drop sunroof is a good idea? There have been stories of roof leaks etc on aftermarket sunroof fitments in india. Just a concern from my end.

Enjoy your ride!
hey thanks a lot.

What you say is right. Its just that we need to find professional fitters. Or even get it done at hyundai authorized service station itself. Infact I understand since very few cars come with factory fitted sunroofs, even in factory they are segregated from the lot and done manually. Cos the roof mould will be common for all.
Old 14th October 2009, 11:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDP2 View Post
hey thanks a lot.

What you say is right. Its just that we need to find professional fitters. Or even get it done at hyundai authorized service station itself. Infact I understand since very few cars come with factory fitted sunroofs, even in factory they are segregated from the lot and done manually. Cos the roof mould will be common for all.
Does Hyundai sell sunroof kit as OEM parts? I guess i10/i20 sunroof should fit on getz - or is the sloping different on the roof?
Old 14th October 2009, 12:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the car WDP2! Good to see you're having a nice time with it but be careful of those speeds on them stock tyres, she can be a handful when its time to stop! And pictures of that VGT badge placement please!
Old 14th October 2009, 13:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Dude, strongly suggest you stretch and change your tires to at least 185's (on the stock rim). You will get a good exchange value for the old tires, and wont be paying a lot for the new ones...
Old 14th October 2009, 16:56   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Hei, I guess we can approve your club membership only after you promise that you will get a tyre change and then a Pete's box

Enjoy the monster!
Hahahaha... hmmm any concessions sir?? well i will try seriously. Another 40 K. God any help!!! hehe..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Envy you man .. i have tried booking one without success . Enjoy your pocket rocket .
oh i am so sorry about it. But unofficial info. There are few stocks in the factory. Well Also there is a used Getz CRDi in bangalore. I saw the vehicle, mint condition jus 1.5 months old 1800 kms done. 2 free services and under warranty. Probably u can import it.
Well if u have the budget then Big Brother Verna CRDi is the best bet. It is a car made for the engine and getz has just been adapted to this engine. So you can exploit the engine completely in Verna while in Getz u will have certain restrictions. All the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Congratulations on the car WDP2! Good to see you're having a nice time with it but be careful of those speeds on them stock tyres, she can be a handful when its time to stop! And pictures of that VGT badge placement please!
Thank You, will post the VGT badge photos soon. It really looks awesome. Anyone else have put the VGT sticker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Dude, strongly suggest you stretch and change your tires to at least 185's (on the stock rim). You will get a good exchange value for the old tires, and wont be paying a lot for the new ones...
well i will take your advice and do the needful soon. What tyres do u suggest. Michelin PP2 is fine??
Old 14th October 2009, 20:28   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Does Hyundai sell sunroof kit as OEM parts? I guess i10/i20 sunroof should fit on getz - or is the sloping different on the roof?
I am sure though but I understand we may get fitted from the dealer. And ya about fitting it on Getz, i10 or i20 sunroof cannot be fitted in Accent / Getz as these cars have single layer roof . Verna, i10 and i20 have double layer roof.
Old 14th October 2009, 21:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Michelin PP2's are a good choice- please go ahead!
Old 15th October 2009, 17:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.You are darn lucky to own a last piece of this rocket pocket.
look for good alloys & pimp her well.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats .
I lost the count of the number of Getz CRDi's in the club. Any of you guys like to update it?
Old 19th November 2009, 11:34   #27

Hey all. This post seems to be totally inactive. Hmmm guess all are busy driving the Getz CRDi. Goood. Now I have driven 2500 kms and I have a problem. I was driving down to chennai and all the way it was raining. So as usual the front windshield was fogging and I used the defogger to clear it off. Now the same fogging effect started coming again and I used all HVAC options in the car, nothing worked, when the wiper comes on it goes off and when the wiper slides down again it forms. I realized it was from outside. I dont know what it was, bt it made the driving that too at night time very miserable. Couple of times happened at day time as well. The whole vision gets blurred. Then there is no point in driving.

Anyone experienced the same? I asked Hyundai, but could not show to him wht exactly is happening. He did not understand and said it is a regular issue. What the h... Any remedy for this?

I am planning to drive to Agumbe. Known for its rains I know this problem will spoil my trip. Pls help. Urgent!!! Else the VGT will never kick off .

Mods and experts and Getz CRDi owners please help.

Thank you
Old 19th November 2009, 12:35   #28
aZa
Senior - BHPian

This happens when u switch on the AC and point it towards the windshield... the mist/fog forms up on the outside. Slight usage of AC without pointing the vents directly at the glass should work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks