Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 20:44   #1

An Entry pass to the Getz CRDi Club

Dear All,

Hope all are fit and fine. This is my very first posting here. I have been a very close follower of Team BHP threads. It has been very cultured and informative reading.
I wish to share my happiness upon getting my New Getz Prime 1.5 GVS CRDi (Pyranha !!!) thats how i am calling her. Its Dark Grey colour and may be I am the receipent of the last piece in Bangalore.
The production was halted well before i decided to buy. By the time I hit the showrooms, I got a big NO fromm all the CSA's. I was so determined that I would get her and my instincts were pushing me to try harder and Bang... I got a surprise call from Advaith Hyundai Residenccy road branch in the morning asking me to come and book my beauty. Wow I dont have words to share that feeling.
Now its almost a week since i took possession of her and I have driven close to 500 km. I am enjoying the VGT effect every now and then, and yes ofcourse with extreme caution, not pushing her beyond tuning limits.
I was so thrilled that the very next day I called upon my service advisor and put the VGT Logo on her. She looks so pretty.
Frankly i never drove a Getz Prime CRDi before. I have Driven Verna CRDi and managed 190 Kmph on a beautiful highway and I test drove Getz Prime 1.3 GLS on bangalores hot test track, the NICE Road and pushed her to 170 kmph. Awesome now I just made a cocktail of both in my mind (Just as how Hyundai did??!!) No second thoughts, I came out with a Form 20.

Also many thanks to existing owners, very good writeups thanks especially to Kpzen (Getz??), Anju, Undead, Djay, Kunal, Crazy Driver...

I will be back with perfomance reviews pretty soon. Also will update more pics of her.

Thanks for the suppport. Would like to see your comments and support.

Well before signing off.. As the name of the thread indicates, I hope i Have the pass for the Getz Prime CRDi Club and would be happy to take part in the future meets, if any.

Ramki
Old 13th October 2009, 20:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ramki,
Congrats for a lovely possession.
Post some photos.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 13th October 2009, 20:59   #3
BANNED

Welcome Ramki,
Congratulation for your prized machine, yes please put some pic.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:03   #4
BHPian

Congrats. Whenever I think that the last of the GETZ Crdi has been sold, there opens another thread.

I too have a Dark Grey color and it accentuates the looks of the car.

Great Buy and wish you a happy ownership.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:35   #5

wow!!! thanks a lot Krish. Same pinch haha. Thanks a lot AKS and Jackson.
Ya I hope one more thread opens up on this beast soon.

Sorry all pics taken in the night.. after office work. will take few this weekend in plush day light and post it.
Yea Krish this colour is so nice, it adds to her beauty. But, frankly i did not have a choice, one piece left and only one colour. So I had to pick it. hehe. I picked. Well this colour was in my whishlist in position 2. haha.

Any suggestions for mods.

Ramki
Attached Thumbnails
An Entry pass to the Getz CRDi Club-img_1452.jpg  

An Entry pass to the Getz CRDi Club-img_1460.jpg  

An Entry pass to the Getz CRDi Club-img_1472.jpg  

An Entry pass to the Getz CRDi Club-img_1475.jpg  

An Entry pass to the Getz CRDi Club-img_1476.jpg  

Old 13th October 2009, 21:56   #6

I tried uploading twice. But its not comin here.. any help pls!!! thanks Krish, Same pinch hehe, thanks AKS and jackson.
Old 14th October 2009, 00:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude! The first mode = tires!!! Stock rim/ wider tires or upsize to 15" + wider tires = your choice!!

How much did you pay? And what did you get- mats n usual stuff or anything more?
Old 14th October 2009, 01:40   #8
aZa
Senior - BHPian

The pics are showing ...

and CONGRATS !!!!!! ... Its a gem of a car. I took the delivery of my CRDi a week back or so. Loving every moment of it.

Looking at the pictures i think the mudflaps u got are fine. I got el-cheapo ones so will be changing them at the first service. Secondly the free footmats are crap. Get better ones. As phoenix also said, Your car is new so are the tyres, this is the time to get them exchanged for better fatter rubber.

Have fun and welcome to the pocket rocket club

cheers
Old 14th October 2009, 07:20   #9
BHPian

Hi Ramki,

Congrats on your car.

I read, that you had asked your service advisor to put the VGT label,, where is that ?

Your's is a KA 51, registered car, Was it registered at Yelahanka ?

Kaushal
Old 14th October 2009, 07:51   #10
BANNED

Congrats on your new buy.. happy motoring
Old 14th October 2009, 09:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

Another one. Wow !!
Congrats WDP2.
Still running on stock tires ?
Old 14th October 2009, 09:58   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Hi Ramki,

Congrats on your car.

I read, that you had asked your service advisor to put the VGT label,, where is that ?

Your's is a KA 51, registered car, Was it registered at Yelahanka ?

Kaushal

These pics were taken on the day of delivery and the VGT sticker was put 2 days later. I will upload those pics as well soon. It looks so nice and its like a Medal sticking onto a army mans chest !!!!
My vehicle is registered from electronics city RTO. Yelahanka is nowhere near.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Another one. Wow !!
Congrats WDP2.
Still running on stock tires ?
Thanks. Ya I am running on stock tyres. Well pretty frankly its an extended budget for me (I just turned 25 !!!). So, may be Mods i will be on pause mode for sometime. May be 4 or 5 months. Then I have planned for a Huge list of accessories including a sun roof!!! How is your baby been doing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Congrats on your new buy.. happy motoring
Thanks a lot !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Congrats dude! The first mode = tires!!! Stock rim/ wider tires or upsize to 15" + wider tires = your choice!!

How much did you pay? And what did you get- mats n usual stuff or anything more?
I paid 5.89 on road. The last discounted price it was sold before haulting production. Mats came with the car. Apart from that nothing. The main reason being 5 people where behind this car. I happened to be lucky to get this. So, the dealer used that point and did not give anything free...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
The pics are showing ...

and CONGRATS !!!!!! ... Its a gem of a car. I took the delivery of my CRDi a week back or so. Loving every moment of it.

Looking at the pictures i think the mudflaps u got are fine. I got el-cheapo ones so will be changing them at the first service. Secondly the free footmats are crap. Get better ones. As phoenix also said, Your car is new so are the tyres, this is the time to get them exchanged for better fatter rubber.

Have fun and welcome to the pocket rocket club

cheers
Oh congrats !!! and wish you the same. Whats the colour of your beast !!! I agree the foot mats are so cheap.
I tried for Michellin PP2 185 60 R14 but, in bangalore no one seems to have it!!! pretty surprising.
Can you post pics of your car???

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Dippy : 15th October 2009 at 09:33. Reason: See note in post
Old 14th October 2009, 10:44   #13
aZa
Senior - BHPian

WDP2 : I have a WHITE CRDi How much for the VGT logo ? over here i was quoted 400Rs or something, where have you put it?

Here is the link to my CRDi Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 11:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDP2 View Post
Then I have planned for a Huge list of accessories including a sun roof!!!

Congrats on your new beast WDP2!

One concern from my end - do you think a cut and drop sunroof is a good idea? There have been stories of roof leaks etc on aftermarket sunroof fitments in india. Just a concern from my end.

Enjoy your ride!
Old 14th October 2009, 11:24   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
WDP2 : I have a WHITE CRDi How much for the VGT logo ? over here i was quoted 400Rs or something, where have you put it?

Here is the link to my CRDi Thread
Thats the correct rate. I was charged 400 as well. but its worthed. It adds so much greatness to the vehicles stance. I wanted to put two.; But The hyundai dealer had just one in stock. So i put that on the Right hand side front quarter panel, above the side indicator. The other one i will be putting it as soon as he gets stock on the opposite side.

Now its a beautifully made badge for verna. It looks better than the CRDi written like Accent style. Well is the DDiS / Multijet logo match match for this VGT?? (just an opinion)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks