Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:21   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Man. It's raining Fiestas in the Forum!

I did a Chennai-Bangalore-Mysore-Chennai Trip in a friend's Fiesta TDCi SXi (2009 Model with the Chrome ORVM) and am impressed. The Sxi is fully loaded! But the beatuifully handling Fiesta begs for the 1.6 TDCI.

OT: The horn hob in the steering was very hard in this particular SXi model when compared to a 2007 SXi model I have driven. Is this a one of case or the addition of Air Bag causes this?
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

cheers mate! Great car, great writeup and a new entrant to the 'club' ;-)
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:54   #18
BHPian

jack, one week on and no pictures yet? common!!
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jack, congratulations ! Its hightime to meet every fiesta wallahs. What about a Fiesta+Linea+ANHC meet ? In fact it will help to see other owners and share some gyan each other.

Raamki was suggesting me a team-bhp meet in his place which could be concluded with a free lunch (courtsey to his lovely family).

Anyway lets see how the planning comes to action.
Old 22nd October 2009, 20:13   #20
BHPian

Many congrats !

Pata nahin kyun, but whenever I read about someone coming home to a Ford Fiesta, I feel as if I have met another kindred soul !

The other day, I parked my new Moondust Silver Sxi next to a red Fiesta . I went inside a shop, and when I returned, I saw the family of the red Fiesta was also getting in their vehicle.

As I got in my car, I saw that the guy behind the wheel of teh ref Fiesta was looking at my car.

Our eyes met. And let me tell you we did a silent salute between us.

This can never happen for any other car, let me tell you.

Let the cult of the Fiestas take off !
Old 22nd October 2009, 20:33   #21
BHPian

Hi Jack congrats, well written writeup, I agree car selection is individual choice, every car has plus and minus, I was impressed by look of Linea, power of Verna, but settled with Fiesta as it suits my taste as overall package.

@ Shajufx, now you are forcing Raamki for free lunch, imagine if 40+ T-Bhpians decided to meet at Raamki's place, his lovely family won't feel lovely.
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:22   #22
BHPian

Thanks for all your wishes!
Quote:
OT: The horn hob in the steering was very hard in this particular SXi model when compared to a 2007 SXi model I have driven. Is this a one of case or the addition of Air Bag causes this?
@Kiku - your observstion is absolutely right, I also find the horn hob to be very hard. Its like, you cannot honk with your thumb alone but need to press the horn with the whole palm.

Quote:
Hey Jack, congratulations ! Its hightime to meet every fiesta wallahs.
I am game too for this meeting. In fact we should all meet up somewhere near the NICE road, go for a drive together and take some nice pics

@archer, I would agree to your observation as most fiesta owners buy this car for the joy of driving.

pictures are delayed due to non availability of a camera
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

You can use your thumb if you press the edges (extreme right and left of the steering)
Works fine for me.
Old 23rd October 2009, 00:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Raamki was suggesting me a team-bhp meet in his place which could be concluded with a free lunch (courtsey to his lovely family).
yeah yeah, and at the end of the day, my only family will be you guys, lol!! just kidding, always welcome!!
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yes, frankmehta is correct. The horn is not so hard -only need to press the edges.
I do it only with my thumb whilst my other fingers are on the wheel. Never felt any
difficulty so far !
Cheers
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Hey Jack, congratulations ! Its hightime to meet every fiesta wallahs. What about a Fiesta+Linea+ANHC meet ? In fact it will help to see other owners and share some gyan each other.

Anyway lets see how the planning comes to action.
+
Thats a fair idea. Why making different classes when a meet is going to happen. Its just consider that TBHP members meeting and not to be selective as fiesta owners,anhc owners,linea owners?.

Good, go ahead and enjoy !

Cheers
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer2005 View Post
Many congrats !

Pata nahin kyun, but whenever I read about someone coming home to a Ford Fiesta, I feel as if I have met another kindred soul !

The other day, I parked my new Moondust Silver Sxi next to a red Fiesta . I went inside a shop, and when I returned, I saw the family of the red Fiesta was also getting in their vehicle.

As I got in my car, I saw that the guy behind the wheel of teh ref Fiesta was looking at my car.

Our eyes met. And let me tell you we did a silent salute between us.

This can never happen for any other car, let me tell you.

Let the cult of the Fiestas take off !
++

That could have been a nice feeling, when you see similar car along with you and both of them enjoying the proud feeling - isnt it?

Cheers.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man, good choice
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:41   #29
BHPian

@Frankmetha and nairrk, I did try to honk this morning like how you guys said. But I still couldn't find it to be smooth. I could manage to honk using my thumbs but had a put in a lot of effort. But I dont honk generally unless it is absolutely neccesary to. So it isn't really a thing to worry about.

What worries me more is the unusual sound that comes on uneven roads. It actually comes On and Off and is very mild. Will call up the Ford today and check about it.

@rkbharat - Thanks.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:53   #30
BHPian

Another minor update - I was desperately in need of a good car duster as the darkness of Morello attracts a lot of dust. I was spending 45 minutes every other day to clean up the car.

After reading the mini review on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...ni-review.html (Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review ) and after hearing Shaju's feedback i have ordered for this Jopasu car duster from eBay yesterday. It costed me 431 + 50(shipping) rs totally. Waiting for the delivery eagerly.

My next project would be on the headlights. From my last week's trip I found the headlights of Fiesta not as effective as I want them to be. Esp. when you are ripping at 140 kmph, the headlights should be pretty powerful. Again, I know that Shau has upgraded the headlights. I would probably do the same upgrade.
Long Live Shaju

Most Viewed