Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:40   #31
BHPian

jack, did you get the one with the mini duster, for dusting off the interiors? it looks neat!! i guess the combo costs around 630rs after the 10% discount.

am waiting for ebay to send me a voucher of a higher value, right now am only getting a meagre 70rs off the price!!
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:29   #32
BHPian

@Raamki - Its just the duster for Exterior use that I got. My interiors seldom get dusty and a piece of cloth does a neat job for me for the interiors.

I am now thinking if a vaccum cleaner might come handy to clean the under seat areas, floor mats etc. Any feedback on this is welcome.
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

You have plenty of choices when it comes to vacum cleaners for car. Some of them works directly from the 12V power outlet in your car, others are either rechargeable or cell operated. Price range start from Rs.350, you can find sellers from rediff shopping, indiatimes shopping and ebay. Here is a link for rechargeable one SirIndia.com - Rechargable Car Vacuum Cleaner Get one and let us know the details, I dont mind having one, its very handy.
Old 24th October 2009, 09:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

I am already searched the ebay and shortlisted couple of vacum cleaners for my car.
Now waiting for discount voucher from the ebay enable confirm the order.
Thanks
Old 24th October 2009, 22:36   #35
BHPian

So, Finally here are the pictures of my Morello Monster.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI! I read…I went… I saw… I drove… but it conquered!!!-img_0289.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI! I read…I went… I saw… I drove… but it conquered!!!-img_0293.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI! I read…I went… I saw… I drove… but it conquered!!!-img_0298.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI! I read…I went… I saw… I drove… but it conquered!!!-img_0299.jpg  

Old 24th October 2009, 23:14   #36
BHPian

Hi Jack

Congrats buddy. I remember cruzing in Fiesta D with you on Mumbai tarmac, now waiting for the fun on Bangalore's roads.

DJ
Old 25th October 2009, 00:06   #37
BHPian

Thanks DJ... Pleasantly surprised to find you here in t-bhp. Yes buddy, you are welcome to Bangalore anytime.
Old 25th October 2009, 00:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

Jack, very nice pics! How would you rate the stock ICE?
Old 25th October 2009, 09:49   #39
BHPian

@Gilead, Thanks! I am not a music freak but would definitely love to listen to some nice music while driving (sometimes melodious, sometimes hip hop and sometimes devotional). So I would first rate myself as an average ICE enthusiast.
I feel Fiesta's ICE to be good enough. It gives clear music at high volume levels as well. When I was TDing, I compared the ICE of Fiesta and Verna and I found Fiesta's to be a better one in terms of sound clarity. But there is still room for improvement as a better ICE would complete this car.

BTW, I was in JC road yesterday to buy a music system for my friend. I checked with the shopkeeper on ICE upgrades for Fiesta and he suggested the following.
Fix a Blaupunkt 2 channel amplifier and upgrade the speakers to MTX 320 Watts. He says that this would multiply the sound effects and would suffice all my needs. This would cost around 10K totally. Looking for comments from ICE experts. We had installed MTX Speakers in my fiancee's i10 and they are indeed very good.

Is a 2 channel amp enough or should I go for a 4 channel one where I can later add a Sub as well if needed?
Old 26th October 2009, 12:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

If Sub is in mind, better go for a 4 channel amp and fix it once and for all. If you buy a 2 channel amp now and later plan to have sub, either you have to buy another mono amp or sell the 2 channel amp and get a 4 channel at that time. Infact my personal choice is having a single amp that is powerful enough for the complete set up. If you want to retain the front and rear speakers, you will need a 4 channel amp plus another mono amp if sub is added now or later.

My set up is front components and a sub, so a 4 channel amp sufficed my requirement. It looks neat without much clutter of gadgets. Inside the car there is no sign of any upgrade as the stock locations are well utilised. Open the boot, you find a tiny amp and a 12" sub which doesnt occupy much space too.

Hope it helps.
Old 26th October 2009, 13:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

shaju, did your car come with the stock ICE in place? Is it possible to add an amp and a sub while retaining the stock ICE? It does not have any subwoofer controls.I believe it just has a basic bass and treble controller. Any suggestions?
Old 26th October 2009, 22:03   #42
BHPian

Shaju@

What if we want to retain all stock speakers and just want to put a sub woofer? Do we need to go for 4 channel or 2 channel is sufficient?

Did you paid the difference amount by exchanging the stock speaker or you paid full amount for all speakers?

Though am not going for Sub soon but started reading few threads and you never know when I may get fever of ICE upgrade!

I am planning to do upgrades in phase manner and the first on my list is Sub & amplifier.
If the price difference of 4ch & 2ch is not much then I may go for 4ch amp and will feed stock speakers. But by doing this will it damage the stock speakers?

The stock ICE does not have button to mute the song in between neither to control add on Sub. Any idea how this can be managed or do I need to change HU?
Old 26th October 2009, 22:53   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
The stock ICE does not have button to mute the song in between neither to control add on Sub. Any idea how this can be managed or do I need to change HU?

Kumar, the stock ICE do have the mute button, the volume knob if you press in centre it mute's volume, yet I have not observed but my guess it pause song (CD songs) on that position, again pressing knob in centre it demute volume.
Old 26th October 2009, 23:10   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Kumar, the stock ICE do have the mute button, the volume knob if you press in centre it mute's volume, yet I have not observed but my guess it pause song (CD songs) on that position, again pressing knob in centre it demute volume.
I think when you press the button it turns off the system however in case of mute the song should not be paused.
Old 26th October 2009, 23:42   #45
BHPian

Kumar, 2ch Blaupunkt Amp costs around 3000 while the 4 channel costs around 6000. I feel it makes sense to go for a 4 channel one as you dont know when you will feel like adding a Sub as well. I would be adding an Amp first, later speaker upgrades and then if needed I will add a Sub.

btw, the center button on the HU switchess OFF the music system. However when you switch it ON again by pressing the same button, it starts from where it was switched off. I find ths to be more convinient to attend calls while driving rather than a mute button.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks