Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 12:30   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Day before yesterday MARUTI has launched the MAN IN EVERY GENTLEMAN, the new revived SX4 VVT,

will this offer give a shift to my promise of going for a FIESTA SXI PREMIUM, i do not know how far they have improved except revived engine, emission norms and somewhat interiors
Well, it is your call and I suggest you drive both and decide. If the SX4 claims to bring out the Gentleman in evey Man, then I can tell you for sure that the Fiesta will bring out the beast in every man!
Old 28th October 2009, 15:41   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Meaning upgrade the speakers first, feel the difference, then an Amp and later a Sub. It will also help you to realise the improvement in each stage.
I agree to this Shaju. I would upgrade the speakers first. Any feedback on MTX 320 Watt speakers? I have heard JBL 400W is good but my JC road dealer claims MTX to be better.

Quote:
Seatcover - since the stock seatcover is some sort of leather, you may be able to clean it when you find a dirt?
Are you aware of any specific cleanser? I have the habbit of resting my right hand on the door handle (near the power window controls) while driving. And since this portion is covered with leather in SXI, it is already getting dirty.
Old 28th October 2009, 19:09   #63
BHPian

Hi Jack get any leather conditioner it does the job,the way I do it take a damp cloth and clean the leather first and then apply the leather conditioner.
Old 28th October 2009, 23:29   #64
Senior - BHPian

I've been using Amway leather conditioner for the past 2 years and am happy with it---it leaves a nice smell too.

Jack, you are right about the driver's armrest in the sxi---it gets dirty mighty fast.
Old 29th October 2009, 10:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
No Rajeshvin, you dont have to switch off everytime when you park. It gets switched Off on its own. However, you can still switch it ON when the car is parked by pressing this magic button
+
The Audio switch does not get switched off on its own. I tried this in my car (ZXi) yesterday, switched on the system - tuned a song in the FM and then switched off the ignition and closed the door i.e. I did not switch off the Audio on/off switch. Today morning, again opened the car and just put the key and turned on to ACC position, there comes the FM song?

So it did not switched off when the car was put off?

Thanks
Old 29th October 2009, 11:02   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
The Audio switch does not get switched off on its own. I tried this in my car (ZXi) yesterday, switched on the system - tuned a song in the FM and then switched off the ignition and closed the door i.e. I did not switch off the Audio on/off switch. Today morning, again opened the car and just put the key and turned on to ACC position, there comes the FM song?

So it did not switched off when the car was put off?

Thanks
@Nair - if you switch it ON when the Ignition is OFF then it does not switch OFF on its own. But when it is switched ON during the ignition, then on turning the ignition OFF will also turn off the music system.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:39   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
Are you aware of any specific cleanser? I have the habbit of resting my right hand on the door handle (near the power window controls) while driving. And since this portion is covered with leather in SXI, it is already getting dirty.
Your post asks 2 different cleansers if my thinking is back to normal (after 7 days on bed, still continuing). 1) Cleanser for your hand: Use lifebouy handwash, it not only cleans your hand but also gives a pleasing smell, 2) Cleanser for the leather: There are plenty of them in the market, I would not just pick up something random, but would ask others about a user-opinion before deciding brand. If you chose the wrong one, your armrest area will look shabby and old over few months. Because some cleansers give a sparkling clean and fresh look, but gives the leather a slow death.
Old 29th October 2009, 13:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

@jackthecrackI just checked again - switch on the iginition, switched on the audio and thenswitch off the ignition. Closed the door. AFter few minutes, opened the carand put the key and turned to ACC level (just before the ignition), the audioautomatically came on. Seems auto switch off is not working or not programmed in my audio (it was programmed by the dealer)? Thanks
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:48   #69
BHPian

Was out of town for the last four days and hence couldnt stay online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
1) Cleanser for your hand: Use lifebouy handwash, it not only cleans your hand but also gives a pleasing smell
. That was indeed a good one Shaju.

Btw, I have decided to try out the Amway leather and Vinyl cleaner. Will check out where to get it from.
My Jopasu Car duster is still on its way and am hoping that it gets delivered today.

Also, regarding the creeking sound that I get from the rear side of the car at times, I called up Metro Ford and checked whats to be done. They suggested me to take the car to their St Marks Road service center and get it rectified. Will have to do it only on the coming weeked. I anyway need to buy System G which I am not finding anywhere except the Petrol Bunk adjacent to Metro Ford in St. Marks Road. So will get both of this done on Saturday.

Last week my Morello Monster completed 1000 kms on the odo

I might also get ICEKOOL done sometime in this week.

Quote:
switch on the iginition, switched on the audio and thenswitch off the ignition. Closed the door. AFter few minutes, opened the carand put the key and turned to ACC level (just before the ignition), the audioautomatically came on.
- This is exactly how it behaves in my car as well. When you switch OFF the ignition, the audio doesnt play anymore and later when you start the car (or get it to ACC level), it starts playing again from where it stopped. Isn't this already auto OFF???? Or am I missing something here?

Last edited by JackTheCrack : 2nd November 2009 at 13:51.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:06   #70
Senior - BHPian

@ Jack, I am guessing System G is some kind of an additive. Is it recommended by Ford?

Can other Fiesta petrol owners comment on whether System G helps?
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:10   #71
BHPian

Yes, System G is a fuel additive recommended by Ford. We should mix 1 ml for every litre of Petrol. I am not the right person to comment on the experiences as I have been using it only for a short while now.
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:59   #72
BHPian

Another Update - I have just talked to the Garware dealer for the ICEKOOL sheet for the windscreen. I should mostly get this done tomorrow.
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:11   #73
Senior - BHPian

Jack, I have driven without ICECOOL for 2 months and then its now over a month with it. Cooling power of the AC has improved to a great extend (High level of cooling is never used), night drive glare from oncoming vehicles is cut down to a noticeable level too. BUTT, I find the dashboard reflected on the windscreen much more than earlier, specially when you are driving while the SUN is hot and shining. Please check it with few others who are using the same. People who are new to driving will defenitely find it very irritating and even disturbing.

Last edited by shajufx : 2nd November 2009 at 17:13.
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:21   #74
BHPian

Thanks Shaju. I never wanted the ICECOOL until I saw the reviews in this forum. Regarding driving, I would rate myself as an above average driver and hence the dashboard reflection shouldnt be a problem. and the other advantages are juicy
I need to put the parking sticker on my windscreen. As of now, i have not put the sticker as I knew that ICECOOL was on the cards. I am planning to put the same on top of the ICECOOL sheet. Hope that shouldnt be a problem.
BTW, how much did you spend totally for ICECOOL. (cost + tax + Labour).
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:54   #75
Senior - BHPian

I think you have to wait for a week or two to paste any other stickers on the film as the total settling-in takes a week minimum. Remember to remove all the factory/dealer stickers from the glass before installation. And the most important part, ask them to cut the film around the rubber dots of the rear view mirror, Ramki got it installed over those dots and even now its with bubbles in that area. You know it will never stick perfect on those dots. Good that Ramki told me beforehand, so that I could supervise the whole installation.

It costed me just 2.5k (all inclusive) as a Diwali offer, I am sure you can bargain it down to that price. I am curiously waiting to see someone with V-cool that costs 3 times more, just to see the difference in quality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks