Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 17:56   #91
Senior - BHPian

Do I see any new posts here ? I think something has gone into my eyes, not able to see clearly.
Old 4th November 2009, 18:12   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Do I see any new posts here ? I think something has gone into my eyes, not able to see clearly.
saved by the new page!!
Old 5th November 2009, 00:16   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Infact you should upgrade in the reverse order if you seriously plan to upgrade. Meaning upgrade the speakers first, feel the difference, then an Amp and later a Sub. It will also help you to realise the improvement in each stage.
Today I saw JBL CS 1215T 1100W (Cylindrical Sub) in one of the shop costing Rs 6490/- and the sub speaker was moving flexibly with beats.

Am still in research mode so as discussed earlier I don't want to change HU as its perfectly company fitted so don't want to disturb the setup. Now about speakers - Going with your suggestion it seems that I need to replace rear stock speakers and then with 4 channel amp I can fit Sub?

So now the question is -
a) What is the best spec of rear speaker I should go for (I want to go for JBL brand)
b) Now for this I need to go for 4 ch AMP so which one you recommend (obviously it should be JBL)
c) I prefer to go for cylindrical sub because it comes with company fitted assembly.
d) Other than this I read in your thread about wiring kit something?

If you aware of price then please do mention about it so I can prepare for next project accordingly (To be frank I just need Sub but because of this complexity I may change rear speakers else am ok with them)
Old 8th November 2009, 14:22   #94
BHPian

I had taken my car to Metro Ford yesterday to fix the sound coming from behind. It was a screeching some coming from the rear side especially when I am on uneven roads. The serivce Engineer wanted to take the car on a road test but even before he came out of the gate, he identified the noise and told that some lubrication needs to be done. The car was lifted up and the lubrication was done at the rear wheels area which instantly stopped this sound.
Also, there was a mark on the roof of the car which looked as if it was some paint which has spilled. Since I couldnt wipe it with a cloth, I asked the serivce guys. They checked it out and said that it was the A/C Duct water which has spilled top of the car from a building. I realised that this could have happended in my office as the A/C duct pipes pass through the Basement Parking area. this stain had to be removed carefully using some special compound. The service guys did a clinical job of the same. I was informed that in some cases, this stain is permanent and that I was a little lucky this time.
Now this is a cause of new worry. I need to park my car only at selective places in office where there is no A/C duct pipe on top. So friends, BEWARE!
Old 8th November 2009, 21:12   #95
BHPian

FMR - First Mileage Report :)

So here it is. I did the first tank to tank today to calculate the mileage. I have got a mileage of 9.62 kmpl with A/C ON most of the times and fully within the city. Was hoping to get 10 but still I am happy. Will check with my service advisor during the first service.
Old 16th November 2009, 09:06   #96
Senior - BHPian

I have planned to buy a Fiesta SXI premium in jan 2010 but got hold of aveo 1.4 LT yesterday,

the aveo is a complete master piece when it comes to interiors and exteriors , the only problem is that i am 6'3" tall and left leg is touching the dash board, and my all family members being tall, i don't find enough keg space,

could anyone through some light on the Aveo as well
Old 16th November 2009, 09:48   #97
Senior - BHPian

I too have seen the Aveo before finalising the Fiesta.
Dashboard problem is the one, most of people were complaining.
I too felt same thing (eventhough I am only 170cm).
Another thing is the price -1.4LT (this is the one model they have with ABS)
is much higher compared to fiesta.(more than Rs.7L ex showroom price).
I liked the interior too but not the exterior look comparing fiesta.
No doubt Aveo also good car, but I dont know the reason for very low sales
(In october they could sell only around 700 + cars compared to fiesta's 2088cars?)
Old 16th November 2009, 10:05   #98
Senior - BHPian

the price is the same as with Fiesta 1.6 SXI premium is costing me 7.10 lac and Aveo 1.4 LT without ABS is costing me 7.12 lac with all the discounts in Lucknow dealership,
so cost is same, i am not much interested in ABS, so can leave that part, please suggest if i drive almost 20 km a day in city, can i go for Aveo as the looks are killing there, but i had made up my mind for Fiesta.

Confused, regret why i have seen Aveo yesterday
Old 16th November 2009, 10:11   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
the price is the same as with Fiesta 1.6 SXI premium is costing me 7.10 lac and Aveo 1.4 LT without ABS is costing me 7.12 lac with all the discounts in Lucknow dealership,
so cost is same, i am not much interested in ABS, so can leave that part, please suggest if i drive almost 20 km a day in city, can i go for Aveo as the looks are killing there, but i had made up my mind for Fiesta.

Confused, regret why i have seen Aveo yesterday
+
IMO, ABS is must - you will feel the differnce once you started driving a car with ABS.
Anyway decision is yours, but I recommend go for a car with ABS
Old 16th November 2009, 10:14   #100
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the suggestion, ill think over it.<br>but please recommend is there any much difference in the leg space of fiesta and aveo<br>and how is aveo as a car, and is it a newly launched model or a old one<br>
Old 16th November 2009, 11:13   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
thanks for the suggestion, ill think over it.<br>but please recommend is there any much difference in the leg space of fiesta and aveo<br>and how is aveo as a car, and is it a newly launched model or a old one<br>
+
It is only my opinion (all cars are good but it depends person to person to like the particular model/make/beauty/performance etc) only. As told you, I did not TD any cars. I have seen Swift Dzire from known people and somehow I did not like the shape. Same situation with SX4.

Aveo and Fiesta - myself alongwith my wife and brother in law went and seen both the cars.
Ofcourse Aveo interiors were good but I definetly wanted a car with ABS
which is available only in Aveo LT ABS, but then her engine capacity was only 1.4 compared to 1.6 in fiesta. The price quoted by the dealer for
1.4LT ABS was Rs.707871 ex show room price. Whereas fiesta 1.6 ABS/EBD ZXi petrol price ex showroom was Rs.6.48L and worked out to
Rs.7 L OTR. The reason for finalising fieasta is not just this price and variant difference but the look/style especially the front exterior gave the advantage.

Your question - how is aveo as a car: reports from TBHP members who owned aveo says good, but not many around comparing ANHC or Fiesta or
Dzire. Even Linea sales are good. Again, I must say that it is individul preference in selecting a right car
Old 18th May 2010, 21:37   #102
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta Servicing

Hi Folks
I have tried a lot to get this accurate info, not seen this on the threads and there are so many that searching this is v diff. I started a new thread, promptly deleted, so asking here:
Need to know from owners on the paid servicing( normal) cost they incur on the Fiesta. Am contemplating buying a Fiesta SXI premium but have got conflicting data about the service costs
The sales guy told me it will be about 3000 rs, which is higher for a petrol sedan, but actual owners if can post( of which there are many) then i can get a fair idea. ALso that recent owners will have better idea as the costs are down now from the previous years
Any replies will be highly appreciated. If owners have posted this, please PM the exact links, sorry if its a repeat
Old 18th May 2010, 23:14   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
The sales guy told me it will be about 3000 rs, which is higher for a petrol sedan, but actual owners if can post( of which there are many) then i can get a fair idea. ALso that recent owners will have better idea as the costs are down now from the previous years
Any replies will be highly appreciated. If owners have posted this, please PM the exact links, sorry if its a repeat
Paid service for my 800 costs about 3000 which includes oil and filter change. So 3000 for a Fiesta 1.6 sounds like a bargain to me. It would cost about the same in other cars as well

This is what a paid service would typically look like.

Paid service: 1200
Oil and Filter: 1000
Wash 400
Wheel alignment: 400
Tax

Check suman's long term review of his Fiesta 1.6. His maintenance cost has been extremely low.
Old 19th May 2010, 09:43   #104
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Paid service for my 800 costs about 3000 which includes oil and filter change. So 3000 for a Fiesta 1.6 sounds like a bargain to me. It would cost about the same in other cars as well

This is what a paid service would typically look like.

Paid service: 1200
Oil and Filter: 1000
Wash 400
Wheel alignment: 400
Tax

Check suman's long term review of his Fiesta 1.6. His maintenance cost has been extremely low.
Strange that the 800 costs come that high, my friends alto gets paid service done every 6 months and its 3 yrs old, average cost is about Rs 1500. For my verna i did service at 10K kms, costed 2300. Sumans case is rare, have not heard from anyone outside that service costs are low for Ford, but wanted real time data from owners here as there are many. I know its about your comfort level, so 3K could look like a bargain for many, i am looking at data to come to my own conclusion that is it a truth or a myth that service costs(regular) for Fiesta are higher than the rest
Requesting more folks to post their data
What service(kms)
How much Cost(normal service and no extra things done)
Old 19th May 2010, 09:57   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Strange that the 800 costs come that high, my friends alto gets paid service done every 6 months and its 3 yrs old, average cost is about Rs 1500. For my verna i did service at 10K kms, costed 2300. Sumans case is rare, have not heard from anyone outside that service costs are low for Ford, but wanted real time data from owners here as there are many. I know its about your comfort level, so 3K could look like a bargain for many, i am looking at data to come to my own conclusion that is it a truth or a myth that service costs(regular) for Fiesta are higher than the rest
Requesting more folks to post their data
What service(kms)
How much Cost(normal service and no extra things done)
Can we have the break up of the 1500 for the Alto please. It looks like your friend is doing only the bare minimum paid service and oil change. Washing itself comes to 400 or more depending on the M.A.S.S. If an Alto can cost 1500 for a paid service, why will a car costing 4 times more not cost 3000. And I have spent nearly 30K in 800 maintenance in 4 years. Looks like ANHC services cost approx. 3K as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
regarding maintenance, my ANHC is just completing 1 year
Per service expenses till now has been ~ RS 2700/- inclusive of oil change etc.
Found my old 800 bills. This was the 15K first paid service done at Khivraj Motors.

Paid service: 875
Wash 400
Brake cleaning 175
Wheel alignment 300
Wheel balancing 225
Oil 500
Filter 53
And then tax

Every 10K kms there is also drum brake cleaning which costs 1200.

My first free service on the Fiesta costed 1000 for semi-synthetic oil and filter. I will add another 1200 for paid service and another 1000 for other stuff which brings it close to 3000.

Last edited by Gilead : 19th May 2010 at 10:08.

Most Viewed