Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 17:19   #421
BHPian

The Petrol Manza's Fuel Efficiency can't possibly touch 14.

Consider this - The Petrol DZire itself has
1. A smaller engine than the Manza,
2. A lesser Power Output than the Manza and
3. Is approx 100Kg Lighter than the Manza.

Yet it does not return 14 Kmpl in real conditions.

Are the Tata's saying this version of the Safire engine is so refined it can break all laws of physics? I wish they trained their salespersons better.

IMHO the Manza is still the best VFM today. I only hope they treat/position the product carefully.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:27   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rove_drives View Post
I TD Aura saphire last week.

I have TD punto, fabia, i20 and fiesta on that track. Manza scores the least as compared to others.
Can you elaborate on why it scores the least ? This sounds like a little biased, I'm not implying you are biased. I would be grateful to hear more on this since apparently the motojournos think Manza has good ride (they have a penchant
to criticize the handling of even a toy car built by Tata).Interested to hear this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rove_drives View Post
Mileage - salesman says it is 14 kmpl in city... but this is just academic figure. No one has certified this so far. None of the websites.
The local Salesman at Concorde Bangalore says 12-13 ICWAC (In City With A/C ) which sounds reasonable and believable.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:52   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
The Petrol Manza's Fuel Efficiency can't possibly touch 14.

Consider this - The Petrol DZire itself has
1. A smaller engine than the Manza,
2. A lesser Power Output than the Manza and
3. Is approx 100Kg Lighter than the Manza.

Yet it does not return 14 Kmpl in real conditions.

Are the Tata's saying this version of the Safire engine is so refined it can break all laws of physics? I wish they trained their salespersons better.

IMHO the Manza is still the best VFM today. I only hope they treat/position the product carefully.

Hi abhi, Petrol and Diesel have nearly the same energy content. The diesel engine has an approximate efficiency of 45% whereas for a petrol it is close to 32%. The MATH supports the claim.
Old 28th October 2009, 18:29   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
Are the Tata's saying this version of the Safire engine is so refined it can break all laws of physics?
Yes it is.

It was designed just few years ago, with modern techniques.

The G13 is not refined at all by today's standards. It was designed back in 1980.
Old 28th October 2009, 20:03   #425
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Manza today @ Concorde. Must say it looks quite good in real. Will go for a detailed look may be even a test drive tomorrow at lunch time
Old 28th October 2009, 22:11   #426
BHPian

What we need is an objective analysis.

Reading some of the posts is like reading some of the Greek epics. We get to feel the entire range of emotions! (No offence meant.)

But who is going to give a detailed test report first?
Old 29th October 2009, 09:41   #427
Senior - BHPian

rpmx1000 ; that was an interesting read.

FIRE is a tech term used by Fiat. Now dont say CRDi too is an old tech coz Accent some years ago sported it

Lets appreciate someone who has put efforts to give us new products now and then instead of sellling us a product in various colors, stickers and trim levels with various Bharat stage engines when needed.
Old 29th October 2009, 10:57   #428
BHPian

I had previously planned for a Dzire, but now its Manza Aura(ABS).
I have read in BHP forums that Rod Tax is fixed on Invoice amount( isn't that the ex- showroom price). Some research on similar priced cars MADE NO SENSE. A car having a ex-showroom price of 5.36 lac had a tax of 69,000 and MANZA with a ex-showroom price of 5.28 lac (mangalore) has a road tax of 75,000 ( All these are Road tax values are for Karnataka). I visited the RTO website which said that any car above 5 lakhs had to pay 13% of invoice amount. The manza value goes above 14%. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME
Old 29th October 2009, 13:10   #429
BHPian

I have been driving a TATA indica for over 5 years now, one thing I found consistently in all Tata products till Indica Vista (not TD the Manza yet) is extremly high Clutch pedal, accelerator position. They also have a very high position for clutch relase. this makes drive very uncomfortable (specially long ones).
Do any of you have any clue if this has been modified.
Old 29th October 2009, 16:01   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Replies to your conclusions...

Now coming to the Manza.I don't think the front is the perfect looker. But the car looks better in the flesh than in photographs.It does not look like they have just taken a Vista and added a boot on it.I am not implying you should find the welds there , but the Dzire's boot looks an afterthought.
In fact for Manza it is not a boot-added-to-vista BUT for Dzire, it's a boot-added-to-swift. There is aboslutely no engineering change as far as stability of the car is concerned. Anybody marked the Dzire from back, when it picks up from static ? It feels as if the front will go up like a cantilever. and imagine with the boot loaded fully. Here is the data (attached pdf) to validate the same. the actual CG would have shifted with the boot, however the car's dimensional design remains same. Check the wheelbase
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DIMENSION.pdf (89.4 KB, 671 views)
Old 29th October 2009, 16:22   #431
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
What we need is an objective analysis........But who is going to give a detailed test report first?
*Puts right hand up*. Will have it released tommorow.

Note : GTO's complete Manza test report has been uploaded here. Please continue the Manza discussion over on that link. This thread = closed.

Last edited by GTO : 30th October 2009 at 12:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks