Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 16:57   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
of all the cars, why Linea alone??
I guess it will have some impact on several other cars as well (Fiesta,Ikon, Accent, Sx4, Dzire, etc) but since the Linea shares the same engine and is sold/serviced by the same dealers I have a feeling that it might be impacted a little more than the others.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:59   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Great start..where are the photographs?
Here, got some from *************
Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-15102009305.jpg

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-15102009314.jpg

More pics here.

Indgio Manza Real Pictures
Old 15th October 2009, 17:00   #33
BHPian

Well, I do not think that linea should be effected, afterall which other cars offer you feature to disable the passenger airbag when you are driving alone?? I think the positioning will be linea for the premium buyer and manza for the masses. All in all great times ahead, infact I am now more excited about the Safari launch

Edit: Before I could type out the above three lines, three more posts have been added. Manza has indeed set the market on fire!

Last edited by an_and : 15th October 2009 at 17:01.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
of all the cars, why Linea alone??
Really, why only the Linea??!?

The Manza pricing will make it a compelling option for most people looking to buy a car in the 5-7 lakh range (low-end sedan or high-end hatchback).

The Manza's features and interior space (I can vouch for its interior space blindly without ever looking at the car just due to it's heritage) will have it punching way above its class.

At the moment, the only questions regarding the Manza for me are build quality and driveability.

BTW, good review, but too short! We need a GTO sized one
Old 15th October 2009, 17:02   #35
BHPian

Why cant the Tatas introduce a segment on the lines on TITAN?
Old 15th October 2009, 17:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

Excellent first impressions.

One doubt though. I thought they were not going to put the name Indigo there!! Now the name will be Tata Indigo Manza Aura etc etc!!
Old 15th October 2009, 17:05   #37
BHPian

TATA have been taking all the steps in the right direction post TATA-FIAT joint venture.
All the best to TATA. It looks like they have a winner here in MANZA.
Now eagerly waiting for GTO style report.
Cheers.!
Looks like The "Dzire" for a "Ikonic" sedan would be fullfilled by a "Fiestic" "MANZA"

Last edited by schitre05 : 15th October 2009 at 17:10.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
The car looks pretty good IMHO. Linea better watch out! This car has the same engine, many of the same features and more space at the rear (Linea's 1 major shortcoming) at Rs. 170,000 less. Does any one feel it looks a little like the Toyota Solara from the front?!
Yes this morning when I saw the TOI ad, I remembered the Corola, released before Altis. This car is a great value for money, I may be wrong but I think this is the 1st TATA car to have independent suspension, which improves the drive quality and handling. DIS, Blue5 and 3 barrel head lamps are really add on at this price...
Old 15th October 2009, 17:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

Good first impression notes. Tata's seems to have learnt its lessons well. I also feel that Tata Motors must have taken cues from its joint venture FIAT and expertise of Jaguar Landrovers.

Now Tata has access to some of the best automotive technologies hence we can expect some trickle effect. By the looks of it surely lot of new technology have been used in developing Manza.
Tata's are here in the long race and for them the race has just began.

For Tata's it is difficult to shrug off it Indica image, but surely they will.
Awaiting a detailed review and user feedbacks.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:10   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Really, why only the Linea??!?

The Manza pricing will make it a compelling option for most people looking to buy a car in the 5-7 lakh range (low-end sedan or high-end hatchback).

The Manza's features and interior space (I can vouch for its interior space blindly without ever looking at the car just due to it's heritage) will have it punching way above its class.

At the moment, the only questions regarding the Manza for me are build quality and driveability.

BTW, good review, but too short! We need a GTO sized one
It will the Linea which is going to be the most affected IMHO. I can just imagine going to the Tata showroom seeing both cars side-by-side, the dumb salesman saying "Saar Tata le lo, same engine , acha legroom, similar features, bluetooth hai, 1.5 lakhs cheaper, aur kya chahiye?"

Last edited by anilkalvani : 15th October 2009 at 17:12.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:14   #41
BHPian

Thank You Mr. Anonymous for such a great review!

Looking forward for a detailed review.....

A stunning winner on Tata's hand as I'm sure if it keeps it quality in mind, it can break all sales records.

Happy to see new small but significant features such as vanity mirror and lamp/glove box lamp, Bluetooth(common) feature but able to pair with 5 phones, etc.

Nice pics too.....

Detailed drive report awaited.....
Old 15th October 2009, 17:14   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Exteriors still look a lot like Indigo and the quality also seems to have not improved that much ( Paint quality especially).

Saw a full page ad of Manza in TOI this morning and it looked awesome in that picture. But, then pictures can be quite deceptive. Need to see it in person to confirm these doubts.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to the friendly Bhpian for the report (guess many of us know who it is).
The car looks really good in black and that boot is humongous!

I agree with GTO- 50km should be in 3rd gear.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:15   #44
BHPian

This is making me think , should i sell my 4.5 months old Vista Quadrajet and move to Manza.
I love the Vista[except for its teething problems] but i just fell off the table when i saw Manza. Being a Indigo and Indica [LS and DLE models] owner for 5 yrs before the Vista, i know how reliable the Indigo is. Going by what kind of improvements that TATA has done in Vista, i can imagine the kind of vehicle Manza might be.

Just waiting to get hold of the car for a TD
Old 15th October 2009, 17:16   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
"Saar Tata le lo, same engine , acha legroom, similar features, bluetooth hai, 1.5 lakhs cheaper, aur kya chahiye?"
And why do you think the salesman will ever say that unless he is offered more commision on the car purchase or the dealer itself gets more margin money?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks