Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2009, 21:31   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
E10 - 10% bioethanol and 90% gasoline (Eco-friendly tag??)
to be precise. i would like to add.

the indian goverment has started using a blend of bioethenol (made from sugarcane or corn ) and petrol. 90 % is petrol and 10 % is bioethanol. whats the point of all this exercise. to save 10% on the national fuel bills.

brazilian cars run on a 100% bioethanol. they are the only country which is not dependent on oil. (isn't that great)

about the mix.

you can't spot the difference and you wont even know if its blended or pure. unless you are a lab rat all indian cars and vehicles are ready and can run on the blended mix.it does not cause problems. nothing to worry.

but honda trying to portray the image of "ECO FRIENDLY". have put sticker on each car and marketed their product as E10 ready.-- ready for 10% mixing of ethanol. others just don't do it.

Last edited by Caramelo : 18th October 2009 at 21:34.
Old 18th October 2009, 23:01   #17
BHPian

Thanks very much guys

@mkc15: I was also in two minds over the exact same two colours - silver or gray - I felt the lighter colour makes it easier to see the contours of the car's body design (more sporty) while the darker shades give a more shiny/regal look.

@itnerd: I too went through a patch of being unable to focus on anything else (work etc) while waiting for delivery! Now I have to stay cool again until the 1000 km break-in period is over haha.

I plan to do a full tank next weekend which means I'll find out true mileage the weekend after that and it will be mainly office commute city driving. Currently the fuel economy meter displays an average of 14 kmpl but this is Diwali weekend brisk city driving with little traffic.

About the "E 10" thing - I believe current mix is 5% ethanol and will go up to 10% later on so they're telling us the car is future proof - of course I'm sure other cars should also be already capable or they won't bump the ethanol content any time soon...

Tomorrow I will post my test drive experience which I'd penned down two weeks ago but didn't post here yet.

Well, here's some night pics and another YouTube HD video - make sure you go to the main video page and click the HD button!

ENJOY!

This is the trippy blue ambient courtesy light
It Drives Me: Oct 2009 Silver Honda Civic 1.8 S-dsc00057.jpg

I preferred the old style "jet exhause" brake lights.
Attached Thumbnails
It Drives Me: Oct 2009 Silver Honda Civic 1.8 S-dsc00055.jpg  

It Drives Me: Oct 2009 Silver Honda Civic 1.8 S-dsc00060.jpg  

It Drives Me: Oct 2009 Silver Honda Civic 1.8 S-dsc00061.jpg  

It Drives Me: Oct 2009 Silver Honda Civic 1.8 S-dsc00063.jpg  

It Drives Me: Oct 2009 Silver Honda Civic 1.8 S-dsc00064.jpg  

It Drives Me: Oct 2009 Silver Honda Civic 1.8 S-dsc00065.jpg  

It Drives Me: Oct 2009 Silver Honda Civic 1.8 S-dsc00066.jpg  

Old 19th October 2009, 11:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and a great looking car! Congratulations on your purchase Also, the videos are nice. Havent you went for some OEM addons?
Old 19th October 2009, 12:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Also, nice to see a fellow ubuntu user But where were you intending to install it? :P
Old 19th October 2009, 15:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man!

I read your TD experiences and comparisons to other cars. I gotta say, you made the right choice!
And not to mention, great pics adequately showcasing every aspect of the car!

btw loved the phrase "It drives you"
as for me, I look at cars and bikes in a more 'he'/ 'she' kinda way! lol

Last edited by sohail99 : 19th October 2009 at 15:22.
Old 19th October 2009, 15:53   #21
BHPian

thanks again! no addons/mods for me for now.

im particularly proud of the little night video clip "civic by night"

yup, the "it drives you" slogan clicked with me too...
Old 19th October 2009, 21:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalrao View Post
thanks again! no addons/mods for me for now.

im particularly proud of the little night video clip "civic by night"

yup, the "it drives you" slogan clicked with me too...
Vishal, IMO fog lamps would be quite needed. They are really powerful and come in handy on bad roads.
Old 20th October 2009, 00:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

@Vishal: Congrats on your great buy ! She looks smashing to say the least. Keep us updated with all the feedback you can garner. I would be looking forward to your fuel efficiency report ! Once again, congrats and drive safe !
Old 20th October 2009, 03:28   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
to be precise. i would like to add.

the indian goverment has started using a blend of bioethenol (made from sugarcane or corn ) and petrol. 90 % is petrol and 10 % is bioethanol. whats the point of all this exercise. to save 10% on the national fuel bills.

... all indian cars and vehicles are ready and can run on the blended mix.it does not cause problems. nothing to worry.
Not entirely true. Ethanol addition does cause increased corrosion on some parts of the car. see the details here - Common ethanol fuel mixtures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
there is a nice table at the end indicating whether or not engine needs modification.

Vishal, congratulation on your purchase. your signature does indicate some other interesting automobiles.
Old 20th October 2009, 09:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
your signature does indicate some other interesting automobiles.
Yup, those are all the vehicles I've directly owned over the years!

There have been plenty of rentals/borrowed drives too of course right now i've just got a 7 yr old Palio 1.2 (along with the new civic) but that's technically my dad's purchase.

I decided to fill the tank up today morning itself (with HP Speed) instead of waiting for next weekend and reset tyre pressure to 30 PSI. Will refill on Saturday morning so we get some quick mileage figures to compare against the digital mileage readout.

BTW, the base S model also has that auto-lock feature when you cross 15 kmph. Warning lights are very useful since a couple of times already its warned of seat belts, trunk ajar and door ajar
Old 20th October 2009, 12:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy.Looks good with all the updates.
How is ride in the rear seat?

I didn't like the octagonal tail lamps,the earlier ones were awesome!!!
Old 20th October 2009, 12:55   #27
BHPian

Ride is good in the rear which has good legroom too. You don't get shaken or stirred around even on bad/rough roads No vibrations from stony roads propagate to the fabric seats either...
Old 21st October 2009, 16:20   #28
BHPian

Vishal, I have a minor issue with my audio. When I've a pen-drive connected to the USB, upon every engine off->on, it display 'USB Load' and then 'Unsupported version'. When I disconnect and connect it back, it's all fine. Can you try the same in yours and let me know. Meanwhile I'll try with some other pen-drive as well. Thanx.

However iPod works fine for the same scenario.
Old 21st October 2009, 17:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vishal & mkc15, Just wanted to ask if the car comes with floor mats? If no, how much did you pay to the dealer? Also, have you manged to get any freebies with the car eg. car cover, pillows etc?

Could you also tell me what insurance company you opted and how much was the premium? The dealer was forcing me to opt for the Honda Insurance, which comes around 37K premium, but with my insistence, got it from Reliance, at 24K (I know, a difference of 13K!)

Last edited by iTNerd : 21st October 2009 at 17:25.
Old 21st October 2009, 18:39   #30
BHPian

Yes, Honda is very generous . All Civics come with fabric floor mats. In addition, I got transparent (plastic/rubber) floor mats for free, after a log of haggling. IMO, plastic/rubber mats are quite necessary.

I got the insurance from BA at 24K for a V-AT (~42k as per price list). I guess you should get something better than this. I heard from the dealer that Honda will have its own insurace in a couple of weeks. Looks like they are on already. You still need to negotiate for a better quote IMO. Also, make sure the insurance quote does say ZERO for 'Voluntary excess'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks