Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2010, 21:10   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Happy birthday to your Fiat Linea, Kapil. I wish your Linea many more happy returns of the day. Happy and safe driving in your Linea.

Even I didn't take my Linea out on her first birthday due to my pre-occupation with home renovation. I am sticking on with the sarkari Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd. and paid Rs 7104 with full NCB.
Thanks Ravi. Tata has a tie up with National Insurance. In this tie up, I as a customer don't have to run around for claim filing and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
NutsNBolts, Congratulations on the first anniversary of your Fiat Linea

I wish you many many happy miles.Always wear your seat-belt and drive safe.

Amith
Thanks Amith. Linea won't let me drive without seat belt she is more concerned about my safety.
Old 15th October 2010, 21:21   #227
BHPian

Awesome pictures..The one with your kid is very sweet.
Congrats for buying this beauty
Old 16th October 2010, 00:03   #228
BHPian

Hey Kapil, Congratulations and wish your car a happy first Birthday. Your vocal white beauty has a flamenco red twin sister in Mumbai turning 1 today as well.
Old 18th October 2010, 14:13   #229
BHPian

Kapil, Belated happy birthday to your vocal white Linea. Wishing you many happy miles!
Old 19th October 2010, 11:10   #230
BHPian

Hey all,

Was looking for replacement for my 5+ yrs old Ford Ikon. Got a chance to drive Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion in our IT campus, Bangalore. Indeed Linea is class apart. Test drive was lasted for 30 mins approx incl bad roads, plain straight open road, steep acceleration/deceleration, hard braking etc. The gear shifting was butter smooth, absolutely no(little may be) cabin noise, decent interiors(didn't impress me much though). I was shocked when i got down to know that its the diesel version i took the test drive(even the salesman was unaware of that , strange but true, convinced about the Tata's support) . Absolutely, no turbo lag. Such a great piece of engineering all together.

One thing i did not like out rightly was that, on bad roads the steering was vibrating like crazy. First instance, i thought the engine is stalling coz i was slow. Is it normal behavior ?? I can understand the term "Steering feedback", but this was too much for me to convince the behavior was by design.

I have my 2nd car, Ford Figo Diesel which is like Siberian bull. Once the turbo kicks in(after about 2.2K rpm), the surge of torque what you can experience is simply amazing. I did not feel that kick of turbo torque in action in Fiat Linea Diesel. Has anyone experienced the same? Please comment.
Old 26th November 2010, 20:13   #231
BHPian

Ice Upgrade

ICE upgrade was on my agenda for a long time. I had been delaying it trying to evaluate if I really needed to do it. In Sep this year, I had finally concluded that ICE has to be upgraded regardless of the kind of music I listen to (mostly old hindi film songs). With that, I started scouting for a good installer in Kochi. Scouring through many ICE posts on TFI and TBHP, I came to know about Galaxy Auto in Kochi. These guys have done some serious ICE installs and looked like professionals.

Prior to deciding on what components I wanted, I spoke to Muneem at Galaxy Auto in Sep and all my doubts regarding their capability as installers were put to rest. He recommended Focal Access component 165AI in front and Focal co-axial 130CAI in the rear along with Focal Solid4 amp. I did not want a sub-woofer so that was not asked for. This was in Sep. Last week I went to the shop to take a look at the products. The shop itself is situated on NH47 and is a rather small one. However, a great variety of products are stored inside and the guys working there are professionals. During this visit, I was advised to go for DLS ovals in the rear parcel tray, leaving the rear door speakers intact. I agreed to the deal and promised to bring the car next day. They were told to get the spacers etc. ready.

Next morning I reached the shop at 1030 and car was taken in immediately. There was a glitch, kahani mein twist. Muneem told me that due to the rear curtain on the wind-screen, it will not be possible to fit the ovals. A brief discussion and it was decided to skip the DLS ovals and go ahead with smaller MTX co-axials and a polk audio 8" sub-woofer. I asked them to install both the sub-woofer and amp under the seats as I did not want to compromise on the boot space. Installation started at 11AM and continued till 8PM with a short lunch break . They had to remove both front seats and the rear straight bench for fitment of various components. The Kaarlsson seats became a center of attraction for people entering or leaving.

The guy responsible for tuning the amp, Mohammed was a thorough professional and knew the Linea HU like the back of his hand. I sat through with him to achieve the best possible sound for my kind of music. After final fitment, the amp started throwing tantrums and was replaced. I was a bit annoyed but worries disappeared after continuous testing of new amp for good one hour at max settings without ACC. This amp is powered directly from battery and does not stay 'On'. It comes alive only when an audio signal is present.

The front speakers and sub-woofer are connected with the amp and the rear speakers along-with the MTX co-axials are driven by the head-unit. There is a delay of 2-3 seconds after the HU comes alive for the amp, front speakers and sub to start operation. This actually means that a line-in converter is not required. After the complete fitment and listening to various genres, I am very happy with the complete setup and the ICE on the Vocal White chameleon has really transformed.
Attached Thumbnails
The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-imag0026.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-imag0027.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-imag0029.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-imag0030.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-imag0031.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-imag0032.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-imag0033.jpg  

Old 29th November 2010, 14:28   #232
BHPian

Happy to read about the Ice Setup. Congrats for the upgrade!

A few queries,

Did you check with Tata-Fiat regarding warranty before Ice Installation?

Can you share list of major items that went in along with the cost break-up?

Does this upgrade affect Blue & Me in anyway?
Old 30th November 2010, 21:13   #233
BHPian

Thanks Autocop. I did not check about warranty. Warranty becomes void if any wires are cut on the failing system. List of items is

Focal Solid 4 Amp 16k
Focal Access 165A1 Speakers in front doors -10k
Polk Audio S/W - 5.5 K
MTX RTC 653 on parcel shelf - 3.5K
Damping, wiring and Labour - 5K

Blue and Me is completely unaffected.
Old 1st December 2010, 01:00   #234
Senior - BHPian

Wow!

Wow! The equipment is surely drool-worthy!

And yes, you seem to have spent a lot of money for the upgrade. Did you get the damping done in your car?

OT : I'm still insisting my dad to upgrade the ICE in our Fiat GP. The stock speakers are good for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
I did not check about warranty. Warranty becomes void if any wires are cut on the failing system.
So,did you cut the wires? or did you use wiring kit for the ICE?

Last edited by Klub Class : 1st December 2010 at 01:02.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:18   #235
BHPian

Thanks for clarification!

You have spent a sizable amount on the ICE, looking at the pictures you seem to have got value for money. Can you share pictures of boot to give an idea on the amount space consumed by the ICE equipment there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Thanks Autocop. I did not check about warranty. Warranty becomes void if any wires are cut on the failing system. List of items is

Focal Solid 4 Amp 16k
Focal Access 165A1 Speakers in front doors -10k
Polk Audio S/W - 5.5 K
MTX RTC 653 on parcel shelf - 3.5K
Damping, wiring and Labour - 5K

Blue and Me is completely unaffected.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks