Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 13:29   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
A question to Linea owners. Has anyone tried a pen drive greater than 4GB? Any problems faced in this? I would like to get a 16gb one and transfer my music there, so any guesses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTheLine View Post
Hi NutsNBolts,

I am currently using transcend 8GB pen drive without any problem, so I guess even 16GB will go..
I am using 16GB on my Sony HU, do not know if Linea HU has any constraints.

Cheers,
Old 8th November 2009, 17:38   #92
BHPian

Finally the D-day arrived on 6th Nov 09 to pick up my Italian Beauty from Concorde Motors Chennai. Had a wonderful first drive to Bangalore yesterday. It was a testing time for my car and me going through the lashing rains of chennai and adjacent regions. The car behaved more than my expectations. I am posting some of the pictures on my journey to Bangalore.

Kapil : Venkatesh is working on the papers you had asked for.
Attached Thumbnails
The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-nov-09-065.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-nov-09-067.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-nov-09-050.jpg  

Old 8th November 2009, 21:29   #93
BHPian

Congrats sir! I am sure any doubts you had about the Perla Champagne have been put to rest. Linea does look amazing in all hues. Do think about wurth or 3M paint protection. Happy motoring.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:38   #94
BHPian

Kapil, Can you tell me something about this 3M paint protection?
Old 9th November 2009, 21:02   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col KRK View Post
Kapil, Can you tell me something about this 3M paint protection?
Sir there are two options, something called teflon coating and paint protection. I went for wurth paint protection here in Kochi, cost me 2.5k with three free service visits. Paint protection is essentially a wax coating that protects the paint by forming a layer between paint and external elements like dust, pollution or even bird droppings. You can read up these threads for better understanding:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-new-cars.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ond-brite.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ally-help.html

After reading these I decided to go for paint protection and not teflon coating. Hope this helps.
Old 10th November 2009, 12:25   #96
BHPian

Quote:
A question to Linea owners. Has anyone tried a pen drive greater than 4GB? Any problems faced in this? I would like to get a 16gb one and transfer my music there, so any guesses?

ya am using the 16 gb pen drive and its working perfect.
Old 10th November 2009, 14:32   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
ya am using the 16 gb pen drive and its working perfect.
I had put my 500gb usb HDD initially . That worked although it took long to compile the album first and then it would behave crazy every time i used to try to play from the media ..for eg. it would play one track and then stop and on other occasions not play at all. I found the hard way that you need to be gentle with her (Blue & Me or Lina as she is popularly known ) and so now use a 2 gb usb stick with only my favorite tracks unlike earlier where i tried to use my entire 30 gb collection at one go.
Old 10th November 2009, 20:10   #98
BHPian

I think anything more than 39GB will be a problem because Blue&Me is based upon WinMo 5.4 which uses FAT32. Large HDD support, if you remember, was never available in win98. I was using a 2GB pen drive, without any hassles. Since yesterday, switched to a Transcend 16GB. No problems so far.

Another question: Anyone can please tell me the location of the ACC inlet/exhaust (don't know what is it calledwhich, if blocked leads to reduced performance of ACC?
Old 10th November 2009, 20:38   #99
BHPian

I pair my 30 GB IPOD without any problem. It takes @5 mins to create the song index, but works very well after that. One concern is that the song list is lost when the car is shut down. Hence once the car is started the media player takes another 5 mins to create the song list!
Old 10th November 2009, 21:01   #100
BHPian

Ferrari, do you remove the IPod after shutdown or you leave it plugged in? Song list ill be lost each time a USB device is inserted. This is normal OS behaviour. Would be interesting to see if someone with older IPod classics (80 & 160GB) is facing any issues.
Old 10th November 2009, 21:07   #101
BHPian

No, I don't remove the IPOD. It is always plugged in.
Old 11th November 2009, 19:46   #102
BHPian

Have you updated firmware to 5.4? It is supposed to resolve ipod issues.
Old 14th November 2009, 11:12   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Another question: Anyone can please tell me the location of the ACC inlet/exhaust (don't know what is it calledwhich, if blocked leads to reduced performance of ACC?
Any answers anyone? I need to check whether it is blocked.
Old 16th November 2009, 21:05   #104
BHPian

Completed 1500km in the beauty. Driving this car can be addictive. No hassles so far. Average FE 12.7 in city driving. Have not gone on a long drive, so highway FE has not been calculated. Figures above are with ACC on throughout. Upgraded phone to Touch Diamond2, which paired without any trouble. Message reader remains a problem though. Boot is a bit hard to close. Have to slam it hard. Any other Linea owners facing this issue? Cleaning alloys can be tough, are there any sprays available for alloy cleaning especially?
Old 16th November 2009, 22:12   #105
BHPian

Quote:
. Boot is a bit hard to close. Have to slam it hard. Any other Linea owners facing this issue? ?
I have read this in most of Linea threads. II am really surprised! I find the boot very smooth & easy to shut. I think i need to post a video to actually demonstrate how easily it shuts in my case. Infact i have experienced other cars including my Marina or my friends ANHC that has to be really slammed hard to shut!
However, the doors were really hard to shut initially in the first attempt. Now, i have mastered shutting it with the right thrust .But , the boot has always been comfortabIe to shut!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks