Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:32   #31
BHPian

Congrats buddy, That is awesome. Black is one of my favourites after Aquaris. Your inspiration is even better
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:30   #32
DipantS

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Great buy. Congratulations.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 29th October 2009, 01:18   #33
ABZ
BHPian

Mods - Request your help in editing the title of this thread to also say "Pics Added".

Fiesta owners - I need your suggestions for deciding on the sun film for front, sides and back of this Black 1.6S. I've gone through a lot of posts on T-BHP and think that Lumar / 3M should be the ones to consider as V-Kool and Huperoptik might be more expensive.

My requirements (in order of priority)
1. RTO approved.
2. Heat Resisting capacity.
3. Cost (Range: up to 10K)
4. Help reduce glare from oncoming traffic.
5. Help enhance the look of the car.
6. Warranty Period.

Please reply with the sunfilms you think would suit my requirements.
Old 29th October 2009, 20:34   #34
BHPian

If you looking for metallic finish then its available in 3M (RE 35) & its not dark film but cuts the heat and you don't feel too dark (Specially rear glass) when you sit inside the car.

I didn't applied film on front windshield but I researched and found 3M CR70 is good.

This combination should come around Rs 9000/- to Rs 9500/-

3M office is at KP, 4th lane so you can get it done directly from company else approach any dealer and tell them to send people at home. 3M people do job with perfection and they are trained accordingly.

If you want to go for darker films then go for Lumar.

Last edited by kumar7 : 29th October 2009 at 20:35.
Old 29th October 2009, 20:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

How did I miss this thread!? Congratulations ABZ.

Black does look awesome in the 1.6S.
Old 30th October 2009, 00:19   #36
ABZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
If you looking for metallic finish then its available in 3M (RE 35) & its not dark film but cuts the heat and you don't feel too dark (Specially rear glass) when you sit inside the car.

I didn't applied film on front windshield but I researched and found 3M CR70 is good.

This combination should come around Rs 9000/- to Rs 9500/-

3M office is at KP, 4th lane so you can get it done directly from company else approach any dealer and tell them to send people at home. 3M people do job with perfection and they are trained accordingly.

If you want to go for darker films then go for Lumar.
Thanks buddy!

Does the 35 in RE35 mean it provides 35% visibility? I thought for being RTO approved, the minimum visibility required is 50%.

I stay quite close to KP; shall check out Lane 4 this weekend itself.
Old 30th October 2009, 00:40   #37
BHPian

When I approached accessories shop they said its RTO approved! I think its should be because its not at all dark and you can easily locate people sitting inside the car provided you looking from close because at certain angle it shines as it has metallic touch.

Below are details from 3M site -

E 35
Total Solar Energy Rejected: 56% Visible Light Transmission: 37% UV reduction: 99%
RE 50
Total Solar Energy Rejected: 43% Visible Light Transmission: 51% UV reduction: 99%
RE 70
Total Solar Energy Rejected: 34% Visible Light Transmission: 70% UV reduction: 98%

My suggestion will be first go for side glasses and once you comfortable with it then go for front windshield. The reason behind is that when you will put the sun film on front it will have reflection(sometimes) so its better go step by step.

Last edited by kumar7 : 30th October 2009 at 00:42.
Old 30th October 2009, 11:26   #38
ABZ
BHPian

@ kumar7 - I did go through your thread with the pics of the sunfilms. They look pretty good but am still worried that the RE 35 may not be RTO approved. Always thought that the visibility rating (in this case, 37%) needs to be 50% for sides and back and 70% for the front.

Am I missing something here?
Old 30th October 2009, 11:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

I dont think RTO/Police going to check each and every car to see what is the film
visibility percentage?
The cop need to see you from outside, thats all they require.
Incase they are not able to see the driver or passengers inside the car, then they can claim /trouble you that the film which fixed in the door glasses are not visible/not approved by RTO ?
Thanks
Old 30th October 2009, 14:59   #40
ABZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I dont think RTO/Police going to check each and every car to see what is the film
visibility percentage?
The cop need to see you from outside, thats all they require.
Incase they are not able to see the driver or passengers inside the car, then they can claim /trouble you that the film which fixed in the door glasses are not visible/not approved by RTO ?
Thanks
Are you saying that the RE 35 is not RTO approved but I need not be worried since as kumar7 said this film is on the 'lighter' side?

Then again, with a metallic finish, isn't the cop most likely to see himself instead of me?
Old 30th October 2009, 15:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, I am not telling the RE 35 is not RTO approved.The shop guy will definitely explain you what all grades are RTO approved.If you are still worried about metallic finish, then opt for non-metallic films?
Old 30th October 2009, 17:03   #42
ABZ
BHPian

@nairrk - The issue is not metallic/non-metallic. It's just that I have heard of stories where cops have removed sunfilms then-and-there since it was not as per RTO norms.

I'll anyways be checking with the dealer but dealers tend to say things to sell their stuff that may not necessarily be true.

So, am just trying to ascertain facts from knowledgeable folks like you.
Old 30th October 2009, 18:02   #43
BHPian

Films with minimum 50% light transmission are RTO approved I think.
Old 30th October 2009, 20:11   #44
BHPian

ABZ@ As per dealer they only keep RTO approved films on display even though they have non- RTO approved films but they kept small sample of it and they kept that in drawers. So if you go for specific series then usually dealers don't recommend anything because they understand that you did research and thats why you asking for that particular series.

I was looking for partially mirror type film but then dealer said its not RTO approved so he recommended me to go for RE 35. Please bare in mind that its not darker so it may happen that you will find Lumar (with 50% visibility) look darker in comparison with it!

You have decided 2 brands - Llumar & 3M (Both are good brands)
You looking for darker or lighter shades ? - As per dealer 3M RTO approved films are not in dark colors.
Metallic/Non-metallic? - Metallic available only in 3M (as per dealer)
Warranty - 3M comes with 3 year warranty. Am not sure about Llumar (they may have same)
Most important - Price factor ? Llumar is comparatively costlier by 1 - 1.5K

Its different issue which ever film you go for but I don't think cops will force you to remove film on the spot because its not easier to remove as you need sharp blades. Cops are busy in collections so don't worry!

Last edited by kumar7 : 30th October 2009 at 20:12.
Old 30th October 2009, 20:23   #45
ABZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
ABZ@ As per dealer they only keep RTO approved films on display even though they have non- RTO approved films but they kept small sample of it and they kept that in drawers.
================
Cops are busy in collections so don't worry!
Thanks kumar7. To answer some of your questions.

Brand: 3M / Llumar
Shade: I think darker would look better given the color of the car - Black.
Metallic/Non-metallic: Assuming that the metallic mean a more mirror-like effect?
Warranty: Anything around 3 years should be fine.
Price: 10K (max)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks