Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 02:21   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Dear Moonraker,

This is just for your information. but the RTO's have an equipment which can test the approval levels.

Are you trying to tell that law breaking to an extent is FINE and also recommend the same to the guys here in the forum.

i am shell shocked by this.
@nandan2005: I just gave my opinion and i had also given the government approved specifications before stating that i had gone for RE35. More over i had also recommended CS50 which was government approved. Its a decision ABZ has to take. I was happy that i had selected RE35 because earlier i used CS5 in my esteem and it would be pitch dark, atleast i am coming closer to the norms

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
You are right 3M print comes in between & it could be annoying as it may distract you while driving. On side glass it does not matters but on front windshield it should not come anywhere. The sheet is lengthy so tell them in advance that you don't want that logo anywhere on windshield else don't go for it. I have not applied film on windshield just because it may reflect from inside so for time being am not putting it on front glass. Its better to invest same amount in branded sunglass
@Kumar7:You are right the 3M markings would be coming in the front shield and i dont think you would be able to fit the front screen without those markings (atleast this is what the dealer told me). I got used to it and no more irritation for me now.
Old 3rd November 2009, 06:46   #62
BHPian

@Kumar7/@MoonRaker: Dont worry about the 3M markings, for some its show off and if you dont like it then just scratch it slowly with your nail and it will go away.

During installation just make sure that the 3M is visible and can be read from outside the glass that means the film is installed correctly and then you can scratch 3M markings from inside.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:05   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
I think this guy is directly dealing with 3M and he using Darshan shop to sell other accessories. Rajeshvin did front filming from him only & he is happy with his work. If you decide to go for 3M then first see if you can negotiate with him for CR70 below 6200/- if not then Rajesh reference (with Rajesh's due permission ofcourse ) can be given because if you give reference upfront then rest assured that he will quote you 6200/-.

You are right 3M print comes in between & it could be annoying as it may distract you while driving. On side glass it does not matters but on front windshield it should not come anywhere. The sheet is lengthy so tell them in advance that you don't want that logo anywhere on windshield else don't go for it. I have not applied film on windshield just because it may reflect from inside so for time being am not putting it on front glass. Its better to invest same amount in branded sunglass
ABZ, if yet you have not fixed film on front windshield, do direct call 3M Area Manager Mr. Sunil - 9860884573, you can do it in your own premise, they have very good technicians especially Mr. Hasan - 9922742581. 3M front windshield film cost me Rs. 6200/-, don't worry about 3M logo on windshield, it is very transparent and doesn't distract while driving (atleast it have not affected me), also it shows you have gone for original 3M , beleive me the effect is very soothing and I do keep AC on max 1 .
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:59   #64
ABZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
ABZ, if yet you have not fixed film on front windshield, do direct call 3M Area Manager Mr. Sunil - 9860884573, you can do it in your own premise, they have very good technicians especially Mr. Hasan - 9922742581. 3M front windshield film cost me Rs. 6200/-, don't worry about 3M logo on windshield, it is very transparent and doesn't distract while driving (atleast it have not affected me), also it shows you have gone for original 3M , beleive me the effect is very soothing and I do keep AC on max 1 .
Thanks Rajeshvin.

I was just a touch disappointed when the dealer said that the CS series is no longer in production. These have similar specs (including cost) as the RE but have a non-metallic/gray shade which I think would have suited a black car better.

I will call up the area manager and see if he can confirm the same regarding the production of the CS series. This series still figures in the 3M website but we know how frequently websites are updated
Old 4th November 2009, 12:37   #65
ABZ
BHPian

I did speak to Sunil (the 3M Area Manager) yesterday. He seemed to be very helpful. Couple of points from our discussion yesterday;

1. 3M has NOT stopped manufacturing the CS series - it is just that the demand for this series has fallen to such an extent that they have stopped stocking it.

2. The 3M logo on the CR 70 can be easily removed after application of the film (he mentioned something about using diesel to remove the marks) and the technicians will do it if required.

This brings 3M back into contention for me and I shall be looking at the CS shade card before deciding.
Old 9th December 2009, 22:30   #66
ABZ
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I've been pretty busy for some time now and hence have not been able to log into the forum. I got a call from my dealer today reminding me of the upcoming 1st service.

The 1.6S has now done 3950 kms and 19th Dec would be 3 months to the date. The car is completely stock - no tyre change, no ICE nothing. Shall be reporting the following issues that I'm facing

1. The Fuel Indicator changes noticeably when the car is waiting at signals (I have seen a change in the indicator worth 4-5 litres). Predictably, when this happens the DTE shoots up as well.

2. We have parking in the office basement and cars have to report sequentially while the other cars wait their turn on the sloping entry. At times I have heard a creaking sound when releasing the brakes on the slope.

3. I hear small rattles at times in the car. Still need to ensure it is not my iPod or the Ambipur or anything else in the glove compartment that's causing the same.

4. The in-city mileage I was getting was around 9kmpl. But, I'm noticing a significant improvement with this refill. I have started moving to gear-3 a little sooner than I was used to and I feel that could be the reason. I've been using normal petrol (not Speed or the like) and without the Ford-suggested additive. Need to check with the service manager if a change in petrol will help get a better mileage.

Should I go ahead and get Oil Change and Anti-Rust Coating as well? Any other pointers that can help are also most welcome.
Old 9th December 2009, 23:45   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABZ View Post
1. The Fuel Indicator changes noticeably when the car is waiting at signals (I have seen a change in the indicator worth 4-5 litres). Predictably, when this happens the DTE shoots up as well.
This has to be the weirdest issue ever reported.
Quote:
2. We have parking in the office basement and cars have to report sequentially while the other cars wait their turn on the sloping entry. At times I have heard a creaking sound when releasing the brakes on the slope.
This is normal. I get it in my S and 800 as well.
Old 13th December 2009, 10:35   #68
ABZ
BHPian

@Gilead: This indeed is a peculiar issue. Have not heard of anyone else facing this as well.

M800 to S - it has been a similar journey for me as well!!

What about the oil change and anti-rust, do you think I should get these done??
Old 13th December 2009, 11:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Get the anti rust done. It's worth it. I plan to change the oil as per the recommended schedule which is the 2nd service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks