Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 21:39   #16
BHPian

Took the vehicle to the service center on Sat, the service advisor drove the car and informed that the pulling was due to the taper in the highways and on normal roads the car was not pulling. After this i took the car out and surprisingly it was not pulling towards right. Dont know if i was stupid or i have been taken for a ride.

Guys - Need your help to ascertain if there are any wheel alignement issues. I did try to check leaving my hand above 50Kmph and the car was pulling towards right earlier but not now.

Is it possible for the wheels to get corrected on it own.
Old 26th October 2009, 22:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post

I highly doubt this. You must have imagined that the car was pulling to one side. Put it down to new car anxiety.
Old 26th October 2009, 23:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Took the vehicle to the service center on Sat, the service advisor drove the car and informed that the pulling was due to the taper in the highways and on normal roads the car was not pulling. After this i took the car out and surprisingly it was not pulling towards right. Dont know if i was stupid or i have been taken for a ride.

Guys - Need your help to ascertain if there are any wheel alignement issues. I did try to check leaving my hand above 50Kmph and the car was pulling towards right earlier but not now.

Did they check/do a wheel alignment anyway? Ideally, you should not be facing such issues on a brand new car unless either the rims or the tires have been upgraded from the stock ones.

May just be a feeling after all but I would advise you to get a wheel alignment done just to make sure.
Old 26th October 2009, 23:26   #19
BHPian

I am taking her for a wheel alignment this weekend to confirm if there is any correction which need to be done.

I am also planning to take her for a spin on Sat to ECR road to test it.

I am still on stock rims and tyres. But the tyre noise is too high and i cannot dirve without the music playing. whenever the patches change in the road i can hear that through my tires. :(

Nothing can be done till 3 years(lease company will not let me do anything) and i had to live with this .
Old 27th October 2009, 09:33   #20
BHPian

[quote=Moonraker;1550466]I am taking her for a wheel alignment this weekend to confirm if there is any correction which need to be done.

Moonraker, Congratulations on the new Fiesta.

I too had a similar issue and got it fixed by the service center after three attempts, please refer the following thread for details,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1500252-post35.html
Old 27th October 2009, 18:21   #21
BHPian

Thanks Aravinrd. Seems like MPL ford was able to solve the issue. Let me check the vehicle this weekend and would provide an update.
Old 28th October 2009, 00:55   #22
BHPian

I was going through the user manual and it has instructions for running in period of the vehicle...it reads something like this
"There are no specific rules or conditions during running in period, avoid excessive speeds till 1500 Km and after 1500 try to vary the speed and increase the speed to the maximum speed of the vehicle"
Did any one notice this in your user manuals and how good are these statements? I am currently at 1650 Km on Odo, if its true i would feel relieved.

Fiesta owners -Your inputs please.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Did any one notice this in your user manuals and how good are these statements? I am currently at 1650 Km on Odo, if its true i would feel relieved.

Fiesta owners -Your inputs please.
tell you what, consider 2000kms as the magical figure on the ODO, rev her away after!!

i did a 160 @ 4k rpm for a minute on nh7 during my recent trip to chennai and back, absolutely loved the feel & handling!

Last edited by raamki : 28th October 2009 at 11:56.
Old 28th October 2009, 14:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

@ Moonraker, congrats on the purchase! Welcome to the Fiesta club
Old 28th October 2009, 15:50   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the excellent buy
Old 28th October 2009, 16:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@ Moonraker, congrats on the purchase! Welcome to the Fiesta club
+
anyone counting the numbers?
I stopped counting at 40 (ofcourse @frankmehta started it).

after that there may be few more fiesta's joined in the team !
Old 28th October 2009, 17:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
tell you what, consider 2000kms as the magical figure on the ODO, rev her away after!!

i did a 160 @ 4k rpm for a minute on nh7 during my recent trip to chennai and back, absolutely loved the feel & handling!
Are you sure it was 160 @4K? I"ve done those speeds a few times, and as far as I remember, 100 comes at 3K and 140 at 4K in 5th gear.

I've also done 170 for a minute on the Pune Expressway, but I don't remember the tacho reading, as I was too busy scanning the road.
Old 29th October 2009, 00:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Are you sure it was 160 @4K? I"ve done those speeds a few times, and as far as I remember, 100 comes at 3K and 140 at 4K in 5th gear.

I've also done 170 for a minute on the Pune Expressway, but I don't remember the tacho reading, as I was too busy scanning the road.
yep, am pretty sure coz 160 was my target and as soon as I got there, i glanced at the RPM indicator and the needle was bang on 4000rpm!! i am confidently saying this because i got to that figure twice during my ride!! I did not go any higher though, dropped down to 100 soon after, if i can remember correctly, i guess 2.5-3k rpm whereabouts.
Old 29th October 2009, 00:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

I touched 160 @ 4K briefly for abt 1 sec (just touched and removed my foot from the accel)may be to sustain at 160 i must have gone above 4K. 100 comes somewhere at 2.8K because i was doing 100 at RPM lesser than 3K mark and whenever i touch 3K i was at 120.
Old 29th October 2009, 03:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I touched 160 @ 4K briefly for abt 1 sec (just touched and removed my foot from the accel)may be to sustain at 160 i must have gone above 4K. 100 comes somewhere at 2.8K because i was doing 100 at RPM lesser than 3K mark and whenever i touch 3K i was at 120.
Not sure if the k's (3k and 4k) you have done are good for a brand new car during running in

Fiesta Petrol Heads- what is the appropriate RPM range to run in the ride?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks