Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 03:29   #1
BHPian

Platinum Beauty has Arrived - Fiesta 1.6 ZXI

The saga of my new car purchase and the time involved in taking this decision is explained below. At last I have the car which would satisfy my need but with little extra money from my wallet.
I was in a dilemma for the past 1.5 months and I have lost sleep for close to 4 days to make a decision on a new car
I was having esteem and it had already crossed 77K on odo so thought of getting a new one, my starting budget was 6L and it got stretched till 7L. During the first week I was confused to select the body type sedan or hatchback and at last managed to convince myself for a sedan (Still mind says hatchback, it’s only the heart which says Sedan)
My commute would be 85% in City (This is one of the reasons why my mind still says hatchback) and 15% on highways. Second week confusion started on the fuel (petrol or diesel), the confusion still continues and I have parked it until I select the vehicle as almost all the manufacturers have Petrol and Diesel and I can choose the fuel at later stage. I know Diesel would easily cost more, but I need justify the cost for a diesel so partly my mind had accepted for petrol (I am a petrol head)
I stay very close to my office (3Kms) and my monthly average would not cross 700Km (including weekend travel) and may be twice in a year it might cross 2000Kms. So overall I do not see more than 12K commute per year.
In highway I would ride like a monster (only when I drive alone and mostly I do) with fast lane cutting and drag style driving which calls in for some extra safety features...at least to keep my family happy that I have some safety onboard. In City it would be very sedate driving with some stop and go traffic which calls for a quick response machine. The number of occupants would 60% of the time only me and 40% of the time 4 - 5.
After taking all these considerations I have narrowed down on these 4 vehicles,
1. Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi – 7.5L (On road Chennai)
2. Ford Fiesta 1.4 EXI – 7.4L
3. Fiat Punto Emotion Pack 1.3 MJD – 6.9L
4. Hyundai i20 Asta 1.4L CRDI- 7.67L
My priorities were
1. Excellent Ride quality & dynamics
2. Better FE – 11-12 (City) 15-16 (Highway)
3. Low maintenance
4. Good After service and resale value
Honda’s are above my budget and Maruti had a terrible waiting period. I need to finalize and get my car before diwali.
With all these considerations started my journey to finalize on my dream machine, Apart from Ford none of the dealers gave me a separate quote for purchasing the vehicle on lease plan. The quote given by ford is so tempting that I almost cancelled all other vehicles and was concentrating more on Ford.
I need to accept that pricing played a major role on my selection of Ford Fiesta than any other factor and some factors were overlooked due to the benefit which I would get. I was offered a price of 6.8L (on road) for 1.6 ZXI which was too tempting to go in for lease plan.
Decision made and it was favoring 1.6 ZXI after consulting with Phoenix, Token advance paid for the car on 28th September and I wanted the car before Diwali. Dealer did not have the silky silver on stock and he stated that he would need at least 3 weeks to deliver the vehicle and he cannot assure me the delivery by Diwali. So changed my mind and booked the Platinum color.
I was supposed to start the paper processing on the same day, but due to some official work and travel I did not do that till 5th October. Managed to complete the paper work with my lease company by 6th October and I was able to get the confirmation from the dealer that the vehicle would be delivered by 12th. I wanted to go in for some special number and informed the dealer that I would take care of RTO formalities for getting new number and here again the RTO work got over only by 12th so the delivery date got pushed to 14th.
I did a stockyard PDI and an initial showroom PDI before registering the vehicle in my name (Thanks to the PDI checklist provided by TeamBHP)
Atlast my platinum beauty arrived on 14th in glaze and smile, due to an auspicious belief and delayed registration process I had to push the delivery of the vehicle to Wednesday. I was present with my dad & my friend at MPL Ford sharp at 11:00AM and I started doing my final PDI check to confirm if anything had changed since the time I did my second level PDI in the showroom. Everything was perfect and MPL ford had diligently rectified the complaints which I had noted to them.
Completed the PDI check and found that the rear mud flap was not attached properly and they rectified it in a minute (Somehow I am blessed with an eye for detail…I think so). Then came the tough part, document signature...completed all formalities and signed the papers by 1:40PM. All set and ready to roll my beauty on road… the dealer had arranged for Pooja and then the key handing over session. I started the engine and was confused whether it was running or not,It’s very quiet and no vibrations noticed. I have been repeatedly reminding myself that this is a new car and I am not going to rip her till 1000 Kms atleast . Directly went to sun film fixing, you cannot imagine the pain I went through when I saw my baby literally torn apart to fix the sun film. Everything set and the vehicle is back to its original condition. Good work done by 3M. Took the vehicle to the temple to do another pooja. Now the time is 6:30 PM, I am already tired and I want to come back home and start to office. I ensured that I am not crossing 2500RPM and I was able to cruise at 60Km comfortably without any issues and not much of gear changes required in tight city traffic situation.
Overall I am satisfied with my decision... Go Fida
Minor hiccups
1. Mileage noted was around 8.5 in City. Again this is not Full tank test. I would reserve my comments till I do a full tank test and update the thread.
2. No freebies from the dealer, not even an air freshener. I would have a separate talk on that with the sales manager after sometime.
3. I had given 10K to block the allotment and it was agreed that the dealer would return this amount at the time of delivery and I do not have the cheque with me till now. When contacted, they apologized and said it would be ready by Monday.
4. The technical advisor assigned for demo did not have any clue about the engine. I think they get some kind of training to repeat what’s been told to them. Few of his answers to my questions were
My question:
Where is the radiator and how can i open the cap?
His answer
Ford Fiesta does not have a radiator and whatever i have to do it should be done in the coolant tank
My question
what is the coolant used and what should be the amount of coolant i need to have on stock?
His Answer
No sir, No need to have any stock as everything is covered by Ford, it will be taken care by authorized service rep
My question
What is fuel inertia switch and where is it located ? (I know the answer but wanted to ask him to check his reaction)
His Answer
Fuel inertia switch is used to release air lock in a petrol vehicle and it is situated near the engine... (I asked him to show the switch, he opened the bonnet and was searching for it and then called someone over the phone and then informed me fuel inertia switch does not come in petrol vehicle and it is available only in Diesel)
I can’t stop laughing at this point and I said thanks for your demo, I can read and write English and the user manual would be sufficient for me. What a Jerk, He did not come to me after that and i wanted him to be near me when i was testing the radio and other stuff and i was teaching him how stuff works.
5. No remote for the audio system. Damn a 7 Lac car's audio system does not have a remote... what a joke... but still I liked the finish of the audio system. (Can any of the Fiesta owner’s confirm this?)
I am all set for my Trip to Tirunelveli for Diwali celebration with my family. Good that I am getting the chance to complete the running in period by this trip.
Accessories fitted till now:
Rear & Side sun film - 3M RE35
Front Windshield - 3M CR70 (Believe me the glare reduction is amazing as of the initial looks) i can post the results after some regular night usage.
Old 21st October 2009, 08:18   #2
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations! It's a wise purchase and wish you many happy years with your new baby. But..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
In highway I would ride like a monster (only when I drive alone and mostly I do) with fast lane cutting and drag style driving which calls in for some extra safety features...at least to keep my family happy that I have some safety onboard.
This is something really worrisome. Your car could be loaded with safety features but our roads are not.

Happy motoring.
Old 21st October 2009, 09:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Moonraker!! Where are the photos?!!

Keep the RPM under 2000 ~ 2500 until 5k on the clock, and keep varying the RPM. Forget about FE during running-in, and make sure you do not lug the engine. Have a safe drive
Old 21st October 2009, 09:54   #4
BHPian

Congradulations Moonraker. Drive safe. Drag style racing is not advisable in the Indian highways. Hope you had a plesent trip to thirunelveli.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:28   #5
BHPian

wow, another platinum in the house!! congrats man and welcome to the club!! drive safe and please post some pictures!!
Old 21st October 2009, 12:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

More and more Fiesta's on the Road !
Now Diwali is over and you might have come back from Tirunelveli - how was the drive.
It is time to post some photographs

Enjoy driving

Cheers
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:06   #7
BHPian

Here you go ...Photos have been uploaded now
Attached Thumbnails
Platinum Beauty has Arrived - Fiesta 1.6 ZXI-100_0521.jpg  

Platinum Beauty has Arrived - Fiesta 1.6 ZXI-100_0537.jpg  

Platinum Beauty has Arrived - Fiesta 1.6 ZXI-100_0541.jpg  

Platinum Beauty has Arrived - Fiesta 1.6 ZXI-100_0542.jpg  

Platinum Beauty has Arrived - Fiesta 1.6 ZXI-100_0522.jpg  

Platinum Beauty has Arrived - Fiesta 1.6 ZXI-00100_0518.jpg  

Platinum Beauty has Arrived - Fiesta 1.6 ZXI-10100_0518.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2009, 22:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Nice! Where the photos where 3M stripped the car down?!!
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

OFFICIALLY, The Fiesta is the HIGHEST selling car on team-bhp off late ;-)
Look at the last 5 pages and see HOW many Fiesta threads have been opened recently.

Congratulations brother!
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:53   #10
BHPian

Congrats mate! and welcome to the Fiesta club. oh, You are the first person I am welcoming into this club as I my own a Fiesta only for the last 10 days

And Yes, I am also missing the remote for the Audio system.
Old 23rd October 2009, 00:11   #11
BHPian

super pictures mate, congrats again!! btw curious, 3M actually removes all the windows off the doors to fix their film? is this normal procedure?
Old 23rd October 2009, 00:37   #12
BHPian

Congrta Moonraker on your new Car.

As I could understand, you did not try the other models as mentioned by you. That shows the how the Frod Fiesta impressed you apart from price.

Hope your Diwali trip was fine and looking forward to detailed review of that.

By the way how is the fit, after the 3M film job. Hope the job did by the vendor was upto the mark, otherwise it may result in rattles.

Quote:
OFFICIALLY, The Fiesta is the HIGHEST selling car on team-bhp off late ;-)
Look at the last 5 pages and see HOW many Fiesta threads have been opened recently.

Congratulations brother!
+1 to that. I see lot of Fiesta threads than other sedan in its category.

Four/Five months back we had Linea's and now the Fiesta wave.

Last edited by Ram_NP : 23rd October 2009 at 00:39.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man, its raining fiesta these days, give ford a break else the will not care to upgrade
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

@frankmehta
Yes, you are correct.
And many more going to come.
Thanks
Old 24th October 2009, 05:26   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Nice! Where the photos where 3M stripped the car down?!!
You are right... these are taken when my 20 mins old baby was stripped. You had seen it in person :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
Congrats mate! and welcome to the Fiesta club. oh, You are the first person I am welcoming into this club as I my own a Fiesta only for the last 10 days

And Yes, I am also missing the remote for the Audio system.
Thanks Mate. I am just 9 days old

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
super pictures mate, congrats again!! btw curious, 3M actually removes all the windows off the doors to fix their film? is this normal procedure?
Yes, They remove the door panels to remove the side window glass and the quarter glass. Front windshield and rear glasses were not removed and they were stratight fitment. I believe this was a normal procedure in India. I watched a installation instruction video for Vkool and they did not remove the glasses it was stuck directly like what was done for my front & rear glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Congrta Moonraker on your new Car.

As I could understand, you did not try the other models as mentioned by you. That shows the how the Frod Fiesta impressed you apart from price.

Hope your Diwali trip was fine and looking forward to detailed review of that.

By the way how is the fit, after the 3M film job. Hope the job did by the vendor was upto the mark, otherwise it may result in rattles.

+1 to that. I see lot of Fiesta threads than other sedan in its category.

Four/Five months back we had Linea's and now the Fiesta wave.
The fit was perfect and till now there were no issues of rattle or any bubbles in the film.

I am facing a sort of new issue now, when i take my hands off the steerign above 50Kmph it pulls towards left. I believe it should be a alignment problem, should i take it to the dealer to have it corrected or should i have it corrected in any of the tyre stores?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks