Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 04:03   #91
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy, and its the first cruze in the forum. I did see one in red and was drolling and white looks elegant. The dashboard looks attractive. I love the dials it looks excellent at night.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:24   #92
Senior - BHPian

congarts man, car looks a cool beast in white
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:28   #93
Senior - BHPian

You own beast for yourself. Congrats on the buy. Few clarification I would require form your side.

How is the steering response during high speeds?
How is the gear shift & is it difficult to change in the city driving.
Is it more spacious than Optra magnum?I can't believe.Pls confirm.

Cruze requires only two mods for its lifetime:

Tires:Pls change them to Micheline ASAP. I'm sure there will be lot of difference in the ride with respect to comfort & rolling noise will drastically reduce though all the chevy vehicles have very good NVH levels.

Pete's: Is a must, but not now, take it up as a later assignment, then the real fun starts.
Note: Pete's can be disconnected within minutes when the vehicle is due for servicing, even god doesn't know about it.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 23rd October 2009 at 09:30.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:32   #94
BHPian

Post more pix

More Pictures from the side Vaun.
What all accessories are you planning?
How are the headlamps like at night, is the visibility acceptable?
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:34   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats buddy! I am already in love with this -- just from reports. Dont wanna test drive and go head over heels reson being deficiency of Vitamin 'M'. Please be easy on easy on her for the first 1000 kms and then rip and enjoy!.

Can we address diesel engines as "him" rather than "her" . Some how i dont think diesel engines should not be termed as female gender; they are rough and musculine.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd October 2009 at 13:35.
Old 23rd October 2009, 22:16   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashani View Post
More Pictures from the side Vaun.
The heasdlamps have been modified (brightned) to sute indian requirements..
Old 24th October 2009, 12:59   #97
BHPian

Since I have been out of town last two days, I was not able to reply much.
I just d rove 170 kms on the Cruze, on the expresshighway from Kolhapur to Dharwad. This is an amazing piece of machine. The ease of driving, the stability of the car is really worth an applaud.
In the Ghat section I was cruzing at about 100 to 120 kmph- and the car comfortable maneuvered the turns. I could not hear any screeching noise from the tyres even with the windows down.
On one turn, I was at about 120kmph, with 2200rpm (I know the values as I had a constant eye on them) when a woman suddenly appeared from no-where from the right side of the road (from the plant shrubs in the divider), and I had to apply instant breaks, as well as turn the car to the left. The car was completely in control- as if its just another day at work for her (or him as has been advised for diesel machines). With the ABS working I could move to the left and then right again with full brakes. I am really happy I bought this machine. With my innova, I am sure in this case, I would have had a bad time.

Apart from that, the handling and the feel of the car is quite comfortable.
One thing though- In the operations guide its written that if the start/stop button is pushed when the car is in motion, the car does does not stop. But actually this is not the case. I tried testing it, and the engine just shuts off!!! I shall talk to the dealer too regarding this.

I have still not been able to use the cruze control. I have tried everything that's written in the operations guide, and still not able to figure out. I guess I shall do it soon.

I am yet to receive the complete owners manual from the dealer, as he has "misplaced" it somewhere. He promises to give it tomorrow.

I could not post any pics, as I was travelling. I shall do the same by tonight.
Old 24th October 2009, 17:52   #98
BHPian

more pics and videos

Please find a video of the cruze in morning light-

Also find more pics....
Attached Thumbnails
My new Chevy Cruze : Initial Report-004.jpg  

My new Chevy Cruze : Initial Report-005.jpg  

My new Chevy Cruze : Initial Report-006.jpg  

My new Chevy Cruze : Initial Report-001.jpg  

My new Chevy Cruze : Initial Report-002.jpg  

Old 24th October 2009, 18:39   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
You own beast for yourself. Congrats on the buy. Few clarification I would require form your side.

How is the steering response during high speeds?
How is the gear shift & is it difficult to change in the city driving.
Is it more spacious than Optra magnum?I can't believe.Pls confirm.

Cruze requires only two mods for its lifetime:

Tires:Pls change them to Micheline ASAP. I'm sure there will be lot of difference in the ride with respect to comfort & rolling noise will drastically reduce though all the chevy vehicles have very good NVH levels.
for servicing, even god doesn't know about it.
The steering response is really good. it is heavy- which gives the feeling of sturdiness and control.
It is not as spacious as optra magnum, but definitely more spacious than octavia or laura.
I am tempted to change the tires, but for now I shall keep the same. But my first change will be michelin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashani View Post
More Pictures from the side Varun.
Accessories- please refer this post
The visibility is acceptable. I drove around 30 kms on highway, and had absolutely no problem. you can also see the video of the nite drive on this post
Old 24th October 2009, 19:03   #100
Senior - BHPian

Wow..how did I miss this thread..?
Let me first congratulate on becoming a prowd owner of Cruze, and she looks awesome in white.
Old 25th October 2009, 15:45   #101
BHPian

the heavy clutch

This reply is for those who have asked about the "heavy Clutch", and also with reference to TSK's test drive report on the other blog.
I have now completed almost 350 kms of the car. And I can say, that the clutch sure is heavy. But one feels that more so in the city. Chevrolet can sure look at this as a 'scope for improvement'.
Old 25th October 2009, 20:23   #102
BHPian

Let me start congratulating like everyone now my concern the turbo lag you mention must be worrysome if the car is bought for city driving i assume please give your inputs !! How is the highway performance ?
Regards
Saajan

Last edited by m-hawk : 25th October 2009 at 20:24.
Old 25th October 2009, 22:20   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
Let me start congratulating like everyone now my concern the turbo lag you mention must be worrysome if the car is bought for city driving i assume please give your inputs !! How is the highway performance ?
Regards
Saajan
I guess I am getting used to the turbo lag. Infact it is quite convenient for me. We dont need a very good pick-up in the city- and most of the driving is under 1700 rpm, i.e. before the turbo activates. So its cool.
Highway performance is just amazing. I have posted in the posts above about the highway performance. The car is quite heavy, and hence one cant estimate the speed until one sees the speedometer.

The noise protection is also very good.
Old 27th October 2009, 19:52   #104
BHPian

start/stop safety feature

Ok, this is to confirm that the car WILL stop (its like turning the ignition switch off) when the start/stop button is pressed when the car is in motion. Initially there was some confusion. Now I have tried it, and the same has been mentioned in the service manual too. (got the service manual today).
This means, if the Mrs. /Kid is angry, or if just for fun anybody presses this very accessible button when you are at 120, the airbags better be working!
Old 27th October 2009, 22:50   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunjain View Post
Ok, this is to confirm that the car WILL stop (its like turning the ignition switch off) when the start/stop button is pressed when the car is in motion. Initially there was some confusion. Now I have tried it, and the same has been mentioned in the service manual too. (got the service manual today).
This means, if the Mrs. /Kid is angry, or if just for fun anybody presses this very accessible button when you are at 120, the airbags better be working!

This is rather disturbing. IMO no car should be allowed to be turned off while still in motion.

It is a very basic feature. I wonder why GM decided to skimp on this.

The breaking of light is usually the consequence of swirl scratches on the screen. On a brand new car, that can not be the case.

Do check your spectacles (if you wear them) for scratches. I always keep cleaning them while driving on the Highways at night.

It would be great if you could escalate the switching off problem to the company.

Please drive safe... Speeds above 100 are dangerous on our highways. Run in the beauty properly and many congratulations on your buy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks