Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:05   #1
BHPian

A short trip to shimla on my Hyundai i20 asta

Hello Bhpians,

My First car was delivered on 15th Oct around 4pm after a long waiting periord of 32 days.
I bought her (dark grey metallic i 20 asta) from HMP delhi, i would rate my overall buying experience as slightly dissapointing. The delivery was earlier scheduled on 12th, then 14th and finally on the 15th. HMP claims they have a waiting period of 65 days at present.

We ( My better half and 8 months old daughter) had already planned to visit our aunt for diwali; she is based in Shimla.

We left at around 8.45 am from delhi to Shimla, The ride was super smooth, no engine noise or vibration heard in the cabin, the ride quality was good, it gave a feeling of riding in a luxury car. We were cruising between 1500-3500 rpm, occassional stops since my daughter bacame fuzzy quite frequently, we had breakfast at Murthal. I never felt the lack of power as many reviews suggest. Yes the engine is just adequate for the body weight (This is my personal inferrence can vary with differrent driving habits). On climbing the hills one need to keep the rpm above 2500 , most of the uphill climb was done in 3rd and 4th gear and fifth very occassionally... since you come across blind curves, traffic every now and then.

Apart from that the gear shifting was smooth, the power steering is slightly over responsive at high speeds, one needs to get a hang of it, breaks are really good, ABS is very effective on curves, the engine stays cool always, never crossed over 87 degrees.

We reached at our destination around 8pm, and covered a distance of 372kms. and left back for Delhi on 19th around 9 am, and reached Delhi around 8.00pm.

All over i feel its a good car, but slightly overpriced. The journey was smooth and i never felt tired while at the driver seat. i was enjoying every moment and trying to get a hang of its wide range of features.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

somu john, congratulations on your i20 and good to hear about your drive till shimla.surely this is a good car to own with quality and features given in this price.For normal city driving and occasional highways 1.2 kappa engine is surely enough for this car.Can you share the FE you got on your shimla trip and some pictures as well.Enjoy your ride.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:55   #3
BHPian

Thanks a lot Vijay Thacker, the FE was around 14, i shall post the pics asap.
Have fun.

somu
Old 24th October 2009, 13:32   #4
BHPian

Hi uploading some pics of the exteriors, i have not yet done the interiors shall upload interior snaps after that.
Attached Thumbnails
A short trip to shimla on my Hyundai i20 asta-dsc01488b.jpg  

A short trip to shimla on my Hyundai i20 asta-dsc01490b.jpg  

A short trip to shimla on my Hyundai i20 asta-dsc01491b.jpg  

A short trip to shimla on my Hyundai i20 asta-dsc01494b.jpg  

A short trip to shimla on my Hyundai i20 asta-dsc01560a.jpg  

A short trip to shimla on my Hyundai i20 asta-dsc01577a.jpg  

Old 24th October 2009, 15:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

How were the cars over the twisty roads? Handing and stability wise?
Old 26th October 2009, 11:32   #6
BHPian

Hi,

The tyres were planted on twisty roads (thanks to the wider wheel base and tyres) but i never pushed her over 50kmph on curves, she easily maneuvers twisty roads in combination with potholes. The power steering is slightly confusing as it adjusts automatically depending on the speed of the vehicle. one has to get used to it. The suspensions are pretty sturdy reducing the comfort factor slightly ( it could have been better).

Thanks!
Old 26th October 2009, 17:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

that give a very huge size feeling,

and your kid is very cute
Old 27th October 2009, 09:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Looks good in this color.
See if you can add front center arm rest. Will be more comfortable during long drives with storage space.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:22   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Looks good in this color.

Yup i wanted to take a sparkle blue/ berry red but realised it would be hard to maintain so stuck to dark grey metallic.

See if you can add front center arm rest. Will be more comfortable during long drives with storage space.
Thanks How much would it cost approx?
Old 27th October 2009, 15:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somu_john View Post
Thanks How much would it cost approx?
Look up Anuj_Mumbai's thread on his i20 Asta.
Old 27th October 2009, 15:53   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Look up Anuj_Mumbai's thread on his i20 Asta.
Thanks a lot flyingspur. it appears to be a sensible addition, only wondering if i'll be able to get the right color. Have to check out at lajpat nagar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks