Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2009, 17:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy View Post
Congrats! Stronghold, I am from chennai too and have booked for a S aqua from MPL. I am still trying to get the best deal, got a corp. discount of 65k and told the dealer will takecare of the insurance (got a quote of 16.5k from BA).
Regarding the registration and life tax, the real cost will be astonishingly low as the life tax = 8% of the invoiced amount but they have quoted me the same 71k dont know what to do...as I got more corp discount I am endup with just a single freebie worth 3k "sunfilm". Did you any chance did a PDI? if so the which portion of the VIN number will indicate the month of manufacture? I dont know what is the latest configuration in ford.
Please do post some pictures thanks!
+
If the Road tax in Chennai is 8%, then the total will not come to 71k.
RTO calculate 8% on show room value of the car( may be around 8.10L?)
and then abound Rs. 5/600 as registration charges. Alternatively, incase the dealer still asking extra money (it is the trick played by some dealers to get some quick money on this way, because he is giving other discounts to you), you tell them that you will do the registration and just ask him the Invoice/insurance cover and all the documents for the registration. Also you can ask him to present the vehicle to the RTO.YOu can go to RTO and do it yourself (if you can spare atleast Half day or you can get one AGent to do the work -the agent charge around Rs.750/- FYI, I did this way as my dealer has no arrangements to do the Registration work).

You save lot of money - Think it.

Thanks
Old 25th October 2009, 17:51   #32
BHPian

Hi Stronghold and Gilead,

I have booked aqua marine Sports Model. Yes the 71k includes EW btw whats EW???
Here's hat my OTR came 7.18 and insurance is 16.5k so 7.34 approx. but no freebies except sunfilm and with 2yrs warranty and i am paying full cash...is the deal good?? I was told the car will be available next week
Old 25th October 2009, 18:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! Stronghold, I am from chennai too and have booked for a S aqua from MPL. I am still trying to get the best deal, got a corp. discount of 65k and told the dealer will takecare of the insurance (got a quote of 16.5k from BA).
Regarding the registration and life tax, the real cost will be astonishingly low as the life tax = 8% of the invoiced amount but they have quoted me the same 71k dont know what to do...as I got more corp discount I am endup with just a single freebie worth 3k "sunfilm". Did you any chance did a PDI? if so the which portion of the VIN number will indicate the month of manufacture? I dont know what is the latest configuration in ford.
Please do post some pictures thanks!
+
For Registration, just calculate 8% on the showroom price of the car
plus some Rs.5/600 for registration fees.
If the dealer refused to do at the original cost, then you can do it through an agent(you will see them in/around RTO office) and agents normally mayl charge about RS.750 (you can make a deal).Dealer has to give you all the documents for the registration and bring the vehicle to the RTO on the deay of registration.Maximum it will take half day.
Thanks
Old 25th October 2009, 18:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Stronghold and Gilead,

I have booked aqua marine Sports Model. Yes the 71k includes EW btw whats EW???
Here's hat my OTR came 7.18 and insurance is 16.5k so 7.34 approx. but no freebies except sunfilm and with 2yrs warranty and i am paying full cash...is the deal good?? I was told the car will be available next week
TheHummerGuy, looks like a good deal so far. EW means extended warranty. Can you please post the break up. So what is the 2yrs warranty your talking about, what is the total warranty period your getting.
Old 25th October 2009, 19:14   #35
BHPian

Stronhold, thats news to me, though in the pamplet it is said registration+life tax+EW its is 71k this sales guy told me I will get normal 2yr warranty / 1lk KM whichever is quicker am I getting wrong here somewhere? did specifying EW one has to get 4yr warranty. Appreciate your help in understanding this issue. Thanks again
Old 25th October 2009, 22:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Stronhold, thats news to me, though in the pamplet it is said registration+life tax+EW its is 71k this sales guy told me I will get normal 2yr warranty / 1lk KM whichever is quicker am I getting wrong here somewhere? did specifying EW one has to get 4yr warranty. Appreciate your help in understanding this issue. Thanks again
The EW is only one year with ford. So I get only three years. Anyways pls check with the dealer what he means by the Extended Warranty, it has to be 3 years.
Old 26th October 2009, 12:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

EW- Ford gives initial warranty for 2 years or 1 Lakh km.
You can then opt for 3rd and 4th year or only 3rd year.
I have taken this EW for 3rd and 4th year (48months or 150,000km)
for Rs.8300/-.Ford will send you the EW certificate (not from the dealer).

Thanks
Old 26th October 2009, 12:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

@ Hummer, the dealer has offered to give me the essentials pack and Waxoyl for free. It has a notional value of 5K. I am also going to ask if he can give me the 3rd year extended warranty (EW- worth 5K) for free. He has also agreed to give me some pillows and neck rest and cushions. I have not seen them. Can anyone who has them comment on the quality? I am also haggling for free sunfilm (3M), but he is not yielding on that. Going to have a talk again on Wednesday.
Old 27th October 2009, 19:56   #39
BHPian

Guys, Please help, I got little confused here between 1.6 S and the SXI after reading lot of thread on S. Can you please list the pros and cons between the two models. What is the mileage difference between these two.
Mine will be family car, even though I will be driving most of the time it may be chauffeur driven at times. I really like the spoiler the skirts, how much would it cost for these to be fitted on SXI.
Old 27th October 2009, 20:19   #40
BHPian

It will cost you roughly around Rs 25 - 26K
As per my understanding there is no difference in millage.
Old 28th October 2009, 00:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

Stronghold, it is the same engine in both, but the S will feel a lot more livelier on the road than the SXi. You have to drive both to understand what I mean. The S has a stiffer suspension compared to the SXi. If you buy an S, you may tend to drive a lot more sportingly, hence the mileage may be slightly lesser than what you might get in an SXi.
Old 28th October 2009, 00:25   #42
BHPian

@Stronghold: If its Chauffer driven then i would suggest a SXI when compared to a 1.6s. Reasons
1. SXI has adjustable headrests 1.6S has fixed one
2. SXI has rear arm rest and 1.6S does not have it
3. SXI has sort of soft suspension when compared with a 1.6S so the ride quality would be good.
4. SXI has higher profile(65 profile) tyres when compared with 1.6S (175/65 as against 195/55 in 1.6S ) - Improved comfort levels
Old 29th October 2009, 21:42   #43
BHPian

PDI Done

Guys, my car has arrived to the show room. It has already been driven to the showroom from the stock yard. I went for the PDI today, the car looked good, ODO had 57 Kms on it. Paid the rest of the amount. Delivery scheduled on Wednesday the 4th Nov. BTW I stuck with the Diamond White SXI, I really liked it in flesh. Sorry no pics yet, will upload them after the delivery. Thanks for all your support and suggestions.

I am yet to get my DL, it will be not until a week after the delivery.
Old 29th October 2009, 22:18   #44
BHPian

Congrats Stronghold!! I am still waiting for the car to arrive to do the PDI no news yet from the dealer.

I have opted only 2yr warranty and hence the registration is about 64k and apart from the corporate discounts, I am also getting exchange bonus for my M800. The insurance part BA for about 14k, BTW how much did your insurance cost? Waiting to see the pics soon....
Old 31st October 2009, 08:47   #45
BHPian

Te insurance is around 28k from the dealer itself. I will upload the pics after the delivery.

Quote:
Congrats Stronghold!! I am still waiting for the car to arrive to do the PDI no news yet from the dealer.

I have opted only 2yr warranty and hence the registration is about 64k and apart from the corporate discounts, I am also getting exchange bonus for my M800. The insurance part BA for about 14k, BTW how much did your insurance cost? Waiting to see the pics soon....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks