Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:29   #61
BHPian

Stronghold

Welcome to the Ford Fiesta club and let me tell you, the Fiesta 1.6 is the most driver friendly car out there and warm welcome to the Chennai Fiesta club.

As you mentioned there are more diesels in Chennai, for that matter all over India there are more diesels as compared to Petrol.

I am sure all these cars travel more than 1000 kms a month and hence the reason for diesel.

You will enjoy the petrol much more than the diesel
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:14   #62
BHPian

I was in Chennai the last few days and I could see a lot of Fiestas on the road and Yes, many of them were diesels. I guess there are definitely more Fiestas in Chennai than in Bangalore.
In fact I saw many new SXIs as well. Maybe an indication that the facelift is paying off to Ford India.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:28   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
I was in Chennai the last few days and I could see a lot of Fiestas on the road and Yes, many of them were diesels. I guess there are definitely more Fiestas in Chennai than in Bangalore.
In fact I saw many new SXIs as well. Maybe an indication that the facelift is paying off to Ford India.
You are right. I guess Chennai is the homeground for Fiestas . Its simply inundated with Fiestas and mostly diesels. 1 in 4 would be a petrol.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:34   #64
BHPian

@Stronghold!! I do more than 1600 a month with my 1.6S and its still worth it !!

Its 6.5months and I have done 10k. In between, I was out of station for a month and half. So literally its 10k for 5 months
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:54   #65
BHPian

@Gilead did you happen to talk to the BA guy whom i referred? let me know your final quote. Thx
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:27   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
+
IMO,Ford has got manufacturing unit in Chennai from where the deliveries are being made to southern states(?). So chennai is their home ground and definitely need to show more performance than any other place. Seen that more freebies are given to chennai buyers. Similarly Hyundai also have manufacturing unit in Chennai and you can see many hyundai cars on the move in chennai roads!
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:33   #67
BHPian

@Gilead, I am still planning to drive the car myself with an 'L' board. My wife has DL but she has not driven for long after she got her license. Hope I get the car safely to my home.

@Chillout & nityanand, Thanks for inputs. I did opt for petrol after all the mentioned considerations but you know people always tend to confuse you.

The only reason I chose fiesta over Punto/Linea was because its a drivers car. Even with the little TD I did, I really liked the fiesta.

BTW Here is the break up after the discount.

Ex Show Room: 654594
Essential Pack & 3M: 5250
Insurance: 22953
Regn., Life Tax & EW: 71220
Final OTR: Rs. 753512

The 28K insurance was before discount.
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:15   #68
Senior - BHPian

YOu paid Insurance Rs.22,953/- ??

Have you seen the thread of @gilead (see 'I booked my Car also)

He booked 1.6S with MPL Ford, Chennai, and got following freebies:

Insurance, sunfilm, 3rd Year EW, Mud flops,Floor mat, Scuff plate, Wexoy etc.

Importantly he got the insurance free offer which is from FORD and not from any dealer.

Thanks
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:32   #69
BHPian

If 3M then it has to be either SR or RE series

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronghold View Post
@Gilead, I am still planning to drive the car myself with an 'L' board. My wife has DL but she has not driven for long after she got her license. Hope I get the car safely to my home.

@Chillout & nityanand, Thanks for inputs. I did opt for petrol after all the mentioned considerations but you know people always tend to confuse you.

The only reason I chose fiesta over Punto/Linea was because its a drivers car. Even with the little TD I did, I really liked the fiesta.

BTW Here is the break up after the discount.

Ex Show Room: 654594
Essential Pack & 3M: 5250
Insurance: 22953
Regn., Life Tax & EW: 71220
Final OTR: Rs. 753512

The 28K insurance was before discount.
For Essential Pack & 3M 5250 would be waste if dealer is providing anything below CR or RE series of 3M.
I would suggest rather go only for essential pack (around 2250/-) and then go for SR70 (windshield - around 5.5 - 6K) + RE50 (side and rear -- around 5K) if you need shades (read sunfilm) for your beauty.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:42   #70
BHPian

I discussed with both the sales guy and @gilead. There two different corporate offers. I got a 53k corp discount on ex showroom and 20% on the insurance. Mud flops, Floor and Boot mats and 3rd yr. EW are already included and my OTR is 7.53 lacs. Regular OTR is 8.13 lacs. The dealer agreed for car cover, neck rest, pillows and cigar lighter as freebies. The other offer is free insurance and 15k worth freebies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
YOu paid Insurance Rs.22,953/- ??

Have you seen the thread of @gilead (see 'I booked my Car also)

Importantly he got the insurance free offer which is from FORD and not from any dealer.

Thanks

The 3M referred here is the Waxoyl paint protection and not the sun film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
For Essential Pack & 3M 5250 would be waste if dealer is providing anything below CR or RE series of 3M.
I would suggest rather go only for essential pack (around 2250/-) and then go for SR70 (windshield - around 5.5 - 6K) + RE50 (side and rear -- around 5K) if you need shades (read sunfilm) for your beauty.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy View Post
@Gilead did you happen to talk to the BA guy whom i referred? let me know your final quote. Thx
Yes, I spoke to a BA guy but not your contact. The best price he gave me was 21K, plus 2K cash discount. So 19K for first year. But I have taken the free insurance from Ford which is supposedly worth 28K. There is no option to convert the 28K insurance offer into a cash discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post

Thanks
My OTR is 7.73. It includes Insurance, 3M Sunfilm (or Garware if I want jazzy color gradations), 3rd Year EW, Mud flaps,Floor mat, Boot mat, Scuff plate, Waxoyl body coat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronghold View Post
I discussed with both the sales guy and @gilead. There two different corporate offers. I got a 53k corp discount on ex showroom and 20% on the insurance. Mud flops, Floor and Boot mats and 3rd yr. EW are already included and my OTR is 7.53 lacs. Regular OTR is 8.13 lacs. The dealer agreed for car cover, neck rest, pillows and cigar lighter as freebies. The other offer is free insurance and 15k worth freebies.
That's right. Stronghold and I work in different companies. He is eligible for a Class A corp. discount whereas I am not.

Last edited by Gilead : 3rd November 2009 at 12:25.
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:24   #72
BHPian

Can someone guide me to the thread/posts regarding the running in rules for the new fiesta.

Also what kind of advantages I get by upgrading the stock tires.
Any good dealers in chennai for upgrading the tires if I opt to upgrade.
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:38   #73
Senior - BHPian

Stronghold, check out this excellent post by Nikhil on tires. Scroll down to the Fiesta section and you have everything that you need.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...ml#post1557765
Old 3rd November 2009, 22:44   #74
BHPian

@Gilead thats fine any offer is good for sure.
@Stronghold why do you change the original tires within the warranty, check with Ford. I need a help regarding the VIN number, I went to PDI and noticed the VIN number having somewhere 9C**** I assumed its march model and asked the dealer but he says it is september make, help me please
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:04   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hummer, changing the tire to a different brand is ok as long as you maintain the stock size. Some folks have even upsized. Upsizing technically violates warranty, but that's a chance you need to take if you want to really enjoy the car.

I am fairly sure 9C is September '09, so you can rest easy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks