Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 09:44   #76
Senior - BHPian

What I understand is that FORD has different way of VIN decoding i.e they dont use
A,B,C,D.. for Jan,Feb,March,June instead every year they use different letters for months. for example now if C is for september, next year it will be different letter for Septmber.?
Thanks
Old 4th November 2009, 10:05   #77
BHPian

Interesting, I was thinking that SXI Premium is launch in Aug'09 and should have started manufacturing in July'09 that way 9A -- July, 9B--Aug, and hence 9C--Sept.
Old 4th November 2009, 10:32   #78
BHPian

Thanks Gilead and Nairrk, I am going with you guys I called and updated my dealer to proceed. Will update once delivery is done. Thanks again for all team-bhp mates for helping me make the right move.
Old 4th November 2009, 10:57   #79
BHPian

HummerGuy, I am alos not sure how to decode the VIN.
My VIN reads 9K*****. I used the following VIN decoder, but it does not give me info regarding the manufacture year and month. You can try the same and let me know if you had any luck.

Mad Moles VIN Decoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy View Post
@Gilead thats fine any offer is good for sure.
@Stronghold why do you change the original tires within the warranty, check with Ford. I need a help regarding the VIN number, I went to PDI and noticed the VIN number having somewhere 9C**** I assumed its march model and asked the dealer but he says it is september make, help me please
Old 4th November 2009, 13:35   #80
Senior - BHPian

Strongold, K is Oct make. Take a look at this post. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1564266

I have independent confirmation from Ford on this as well.
Old 5th November 2009, 15:53   #81
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I had the pleasure of meeting Stronghold while he was taking delivery of his Diamond White SXi. He is the first Team BHP-ian I have met in person. Looking forward to his initial impressions and review on this thread.
Old 5th November 2009, 15:59   #82
BHPian

Congrats Stronghold K should be OCT the site is probably for US manufactured cars they use this more during used car deals to check any accident claims made.

Hi Gilead, nice to see your update of meeting Stronghold, lets see if we can also meet. I didnt get any call from the dealer so still not ready for me to have a look at the car.
Old 5th November 2009, 16:27   #83
BHPian

Thanks @Gilead and @HummerGuy.

Guys, I took delivery of my car today.Also I had the pleasure of meeting Gilead and his S at the showroom, although we couldn't talk/discuss much.
It started raining right after the puja, hence did not have time to take pictures. I will try to get some pictures today. The people at MPL ford were courteous. I did my final inspection, the car was little dirty, but they had it cleaned by the time we finished the formalities. He also explained the features of the car. I was nervous, I don't have a DL yet and I haven't driven a manual transmission that too in chennai traffic much. So I was more concentrating on getting the car safe then enjoying the car, hence nothing much about the car for now.
I hear a sound when applying the breaks, did not hear at the start but heard a lot at home while trying to park. Is this sound because of the rain or is it of any concern.

BTW @Gilead, when is the delivery of your car.
Old 5th November 2009, 16:57   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I hear a sound when applying the breaks, did not hear at the start but heard a lot at home while trying to park. Is this sound because of the rain or is it of any concern.
Raamki had this problem as well and there is a super way to solve this problem. Read his thread in the below link. he has mentioned this problem in Page 6.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum: NOW DELIVERED!! - Team-BHP

All the Best
Old 5th November 2009, 16:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations - so you got her.!

Best is to take the car out on holiday/sundays when the traffic will be less (since you dont have a DL, try avoid going in major junctions where there may be cops even on holidays) and you can take driving practise. Keep some one (your friend) with you for some support.
Cheers and await initial ownership report and pictures soon
Old 5th November 2009, 18:04   #86
BHPian

Thanks for the link. I looked into the thread mentioned, mine doesn't seem to be a thud its more like a screech kind of sound but happens when the vehicle comes to stop as raamki said. I feel its the water. Let me check it out on a dry, if it still exists I will take it the service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
Raamki had this problem as well and there is a super way to solve this problem. Read his thread in the below link. he has mentioned this problem in Page 6.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum: NOW DELIVERED!! - Team-BHP

All the Best
Thanks nair, yeah I am planning for that. I am already taking driving lessons. My wife has a DL, she would accompany me hence I am okay as for as the cops are concerned I believe. I am okay with the driving part its the traffic and people I am concerned about and I tend to go very close to the left. Believe this is because I am used to left hand driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Congratulations - so you got her.!

Best is to take the car out on holiday/sundays when the traffic will be less (since you dont have a DL, try avoid going in major junctions where there may be cops even on holidays) and you can take driving practise. Keep some one (your friend) with you for some support.
Cheers and await initial ownership report and pictures soon
Old 5th November 2009, 19:03   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronghold View Post
BTW @Gilead, when is the delivery of your car.
Delivery is on Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronghold View Post
Thanks for the link. I looked into the thread mentioned, mine doesn't seem to be a thud its more like a screech kind of sound but happens when the vehicle comes to stop as raamki said.
Brake pads need to be cleaned. It may disappear once the weather clears. If it persists, get the pads cleaned. It's not a big issue. It will not have an impact on actual braking.
Old 6th November 2009, 13:25   #88
Senior - BHPian

congrats stronghold for the White SXI premium, even i am also planning to go for the same white color of SXI Premium,
Old 6th November 2009, 15:16   #89
ABZ
BHPian

Congratulations to you stronghold. Drive safe!
Old 6th November 2009, 16:53   #90
BHPian

Thanks ruchirtnt and ABZ.

It has been raining all day today. I didn't get my car out of the garage at all. Didn't even take it to the tempe yet. I couldn't shoot any decent pics inside the garage because of poor lighting and lack of space. I will try to get some at least tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks