Team-BHP - Ford Fiesta SXI Premium - My First Car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Ford Fiesta SXI Premium - My First Car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/67983-ford-fiesta-sxi-premium-my-first-car-7.html)

Congrats Stronghold & welcome to Josh cluub!

Congrats Stronghold. Enjoy the ride buddy. Yeah for past 2 days the rain is spoiling the sport. My area roads are flooded already and i do not want to take mine out of the apartments. By the way in which area do you live?

Thanks Kumar and Moonraker.
I live in Velachery. Its raining continuously for the past 2 days. Hope it gets cleared at least tomorrow.

Hi stronghold, I too livee in velchery its pretty bad and i am expecting my delivery on wednesday.

Yes its pretty bad. Forecast says it will continue for another 24 hrs. Hope it gets cleared before your delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy (Post 1570663)
Hi stronghold, I too livee in velchery its pretty bad and i am expecting my delivery on wednesday.

Please could anyone post snaps of his Fiesta SXI Premium in white color, it will help me in deciding the color for mine

ruchirtnt: take a look at frankmehta's thread for photos of his white S. Since it's an S, it looks a lot more sexier than the SXi. I have seen stronghold's SXi in person and it looks great as well.

stronghold: we need pics of your car.

Here are some pics of my car from the mahabalipuram trip this weekend. Didn't have much time this time to stop and take pics. I will post more after my next weekend trip to Vellore. I am still getting used to the manual transmission, couldn't get it smooth all the time.
I couldn't reach 100 without breaching the 2500 RPM mark even in the 5th gear.
I am still having the noise issue with the break, mainly while breaking at slow speeds on slopes (getting in and out of an elevated parking lot). I will check with the service center this week.

There was a multiple collision accident on the ECR involving 5 cars. Wondering how people could follow so closely at high speeds. I am becoming fool if I leave enough space, almost everyone overtakes me and fills in that space.

Otherwise the drive was fun, will write more after my Vellore trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stronghold (Post 1596439)
I am still having the noise issue with the break, mainly while breaking at slow speeds on slopes (getting in and out of an elevated parking lot). I will check with the service center this week.

This could be the creak from the suspension/chassis when you go slowly down a raised slope in reverse with brakes pressed. But get your brakes checked as well.
Quote:

I am becoming fool if I leave enough space, almost everyone overtakes me and fills in that space.
Don't expect American style courtesy here. It's a dog eat dog world. lol You should be mostly ok if you don't drive crazily yourself. You should remove the plastic covers from the sheet if you have not done so already. They start to smell funny after a while.

Nice pictures
But it seems that you still have those plastics on the seats?
What, you like plastic - I think it will give a bad smell if parked more time under the sun?
Time to remove and through away to give a clean look of the car.?

thanks stronghold,
nice pics and nice car, i think i will also go for white fiesta only.

@Gilead, do you get any such creek noise from the suspension. I don't have any issues with the breaking but the noise is annoying. My assumption is its either the suspension or the friction between the pads and the disc.
We had 3 kids on the trip to mahabalipuram, hence I thought it be a good idea to leave it. I have removed it now.

You are most welcome @ruchirtnt. Hope you join the fiesta club soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stronghold (Post 1596764)
@Gilead, do you get any such creek noise from the suspension.

Yes, I do. I have fairly steep ramp from the road to my apt. It gives a creak if I hit the brakes while in the middle of the reverse descent. It's definitely due to the chassis moving forward while descending. The car wants to roll backwards but the brakes are keeping it in place. So there is a momentary creak. I don't get the noise if I don't brake. I don't get the noise during braking (hard or soft) on the road. I think the creak is normal 'cos I get the same sound in my 800 if i brake hard while in the middle of the ramp descent.

@stronghold: Even i have that small creak sound when i stop the vehicle while descending from a ramp. I used to have this sound even in my esteem.

Seems like we have 2 BHPian already at Velachery.. i am staying in Adambakkam and my workplace is at velachery. Hope to see you guys soon .

Sure @Moonraker, we can meet sometime during the weekends.
By th way do you mean to say that this kind of sound is normal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonraker (Post 1597233)
@stronghold: Even i have that small creak sound when i stop the vehicle while descending from a ramp. I used to have this sound even in my esteem.

Seems like we have 2 BHPian already at Velachery.. i am staying in Adambakkam and my workplace is at velachery. Hope to see you guys soon .