Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:01   #106
Senior - BHPian

Till now the creak has been noted in the Fiesta, 800 and Esteem, so we can go ahead and classify it as normal. The creak comes only in the scenario that I outlined above. No squeak or creak anywhere else. I'll double check with my neighbor who has an NHC and uses an identical ramp in the next gate. BTW the NHC scrapes while coming down whereas the Fiesta does not.
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:44   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronghold View Post
Sure @Moonraker, we can meet sometime during the weekends.
By th way do you mean to say that this kind of sound is normal.
yup, if the sound is coming only when your descending and trying to brake and if you are climbing a ramp and in between if you are braking then its normal. If its coming while you are taking a turn and braking or while braking at high or low speeds on normal straight roads then there is an issue. I think Gilead had mentioned the reason for this sound and its logical.
Old 24th November 2009, 08:46   #108
Senior - BHPian

chrome in white color looks classical and white in black grills also looks fabulous, i think the fiesta 1.6S is equally beautiful, but the dealer is not suggesting to go for 1.6S, he had only sold 2 vehicles from the date of launch of Sports
Old 24th November 2009, 09:31   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
chrome in white color looks classical and white in black grills also looks fabulous, i think the fiesta 1.6S is equally beautiful, but the dealer is not suggesting to go for 1.6S, he had only sold 2 vehicles from the date of launch of Sports
++

You have read reports from allmost 62 fiesta owners of different variants
then why listen the dealer?
It is your decision which variant you like to own/drive.
Probably the dealer may have other variant ready in stock hence trying to push that one to you?
Old 24th November 2009, 10:21   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The S is meant for enthusiasts only. Not many even know of its existence.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:22   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronghold View Post
Thanks guys for your wishes.
Here is some details on the booking.

Dealer: MPL Ford, Nandhanam
Model: 1.6 Duratec SXI Premium
On Road Price: 7.53 lacs
Color: Diamond White
Mud Flaps and Mats included
Freebies:
Car Cover
Neck Rest and Pillows
Cigar lighter

The sales person said that this a corporate offer special pricing and I am billed directly from ford hence he will not be able to give any freebies.

I did not want dark color since my wife thought it would be dangerous during night. Silver seemed more common and Platinum felt ordinary (its just me). Also thought that the chrome OVRM goes well with white than any other color.

Again thanks guys, will write in detail after the delivery.

Thanks for the list shajufx. I will get in touch with you guys once I get my car.
how does it look to have a white with chrome grills, yesterday i had seen a snap of diamond white sxi premium, does white color looks great with chrome or will the black fit the bill more accurately?
Old 24th November 2009, 15:56   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
how does it look to have a white with chrome grills, yesterday i had seen a snap of diamond white sxi premium, does white color looks great with chrome or will the black fit the bill more accurately?
You can compare stronghold's and frankmehta's cars. The former has chrome grill and the latter has black.
Old 24th November 2009, 16:04   #113
Senior - BHPian

@ruchirtnt

IMO, white car with black grill will be more attractive than chrome grill !
Old 24th November 2009, 16:55   #114
Senior - BHPian

@nairrk, thanks
your opinion is quite useful to me
Old 24th November 2009, 17:10   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@nairrk, thanks
your opinion is quite useful to me
+

I Like the way you are asking questions /clearing your doubts.
Good that you must be well aware of a product before you go for it.
In anycase you have sufficient time (belive you are going to book the car only in January 2010?) to understand the car and its features etc.

Dear, book the car only after you are fully convinced (but as far as the variant is concerned, do not listen to the dealer and it should be your opinion after having studied all about the car/variant.
Old 24th November 2009, 17:53   #116
BHPian

@nairrk is right. You should decide on the variant based on your taste and use. Since you have sufficient time you can ask the dealer to let you know when there are delivery of the car/variant your looking at and go have a look at same. I did this before I decided on the color, the sales guy suggested this and its pretty good idea too.
Old 25th November 2009, 09:25   #117
Senior - BHPian

i will be 100% on driver seat, so no problem even with going for 1.6S, only apprehension being that the mileage is told to be better in 1.6SXI,
rest rear seats comfort is not of a much importance as the exterior of S is also equally good, and the black interiors looks nice
Old 25th November 2009, 10:06   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i will be 100% on driver seat, so no problem even with going for 1.6S, only apprehension being that the mileage is told to be better in 1.6SXI,
rest rear seats comfort is not of a much importance as the exterior of S is also equally good, and the black interiors looks nice
Mileage will be lesser in the S only because you will tend to rip it more. If you drive it sedately, it will return the same figures as SXi. But then if you plan to drive an S sedately, you are bonkers my friend.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:14   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+
Most of the car manufacturers recommend to drive at a normal speed
around 50/60km ( under 1800rpm) to achieve good mileage.

But when we are on the wheel and see a good/straight road ahead who is going to care about this speed limit. Eveyone will have the tendency to fly in such situation. So at the end-you want mileage or enjoy the driving
(fiesta is supposed to be a Driver's CAR?)
Old 29th November 2009, 14:12   #120
Senior - BHPian

how is the experience of maintaining a Black colored car?

Most Viewed