Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 09:47   #31

Thanks you all you guys. I am Pankaj and the Red Beauty belongs to me. Finally with all your wishes, my membership is approved. I will be the first person to write last in a thread of own car. And yes, I am going to change the registration plate soon.Actually I was in hurry when i received my car so had to settle for what dealer was having ready at that moment.
Thank you all of you anyways. and Thanks Parimal for posting the review and great pictures.
Old 20th November 2009, 10:40   #32
BHPian

Welcome Pankaj on the forum,now we waiting for your first service update.Dealer experience ,any niggles ,any difference, you are feeling after the 1st service.
Old 20th November 2009, 14:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

doc, welcome to teambhp and wishing you many happy miles of ownership of your red hot punto.
Old 20th November 2009, 14:16   #34
BHPian

Doc.. official welcome to the Punto Club or as we call it as Punter Club. The Red Hot Rocks. Hope you are enjoying the ride.
Old 20th November 2009, 16:13   #35

Fiat Grande Punto MJD Emotion Pack.
First Service: 26-10-09
ODO Reading: 3182 km.
Time since buying: 2 months 19 days.
Service Center: ND Naik, Fatorda.

Reported at 9.00 am after taking an appointment 2 days prior. I was the first person to report for the day for service. Was welcomed and directed to Service Manager. He promptly enquired about the problems and inspected the car thoroughly. I had following complaints:
-damaged hinge of parcel tray (which I feel many Punto owners have faced)
-fuel lid not unlocking.
-Needed to adjust low-beam which I felt was too low for comfort especially on high
ways.
With his help, I checked all oil levels and consistency of engine oil which was satisfactory. As I had to go back to hospital, I requested him to take care of these things and keep the car ready at 3.00 p.m.
At 3.00 p.m. Car was ready. I checked it for washing and interior cleaning and the manager also demonstrated the resolved problems of parcel tray and fuel lid.(though I feel fuel lid problem may come back coz it feels too toyish)
Zero billing was done and Service manager handed over the keys to me. He mentioned that I should bring back the car for casual inspection at 7500 km.

Then started the fun.....I started leaving the service station where security asked for Gate Pass. I was not given gate pass from inside so I told him to call up inside and confirm/send someone with gate pass. But He was strict He made me go all the way again inside and get it. I went and enquired where I was told that zero bill itself is gate pass. I went again...Again security stopped me and enquired...I showed zero bill...He was not happy.He said,'sahab, ye gate pass nahi hai'. I got annoyed and called the reception and requested them to coordinate these things.
So the service experience was GOOD.Climax was not so impressive.

Anyways...though technically nothing was done in first service, I feel that there is gradual improvement in the roll ons and power delivery appears little smoother and quicker than the brand new car. As I have done with my other vehicles, I will be gradually showing her 120 then 140 and 160.

Also to mention, I enquired about Fiat First initiative and 24 Hr Road Side Assistance program, but it appears that Dealership people were not well informed. I enquired if Punto bought 3 months back covered under extended warranty withh be covered uncer RSA program or not. But they had no clue. I wrote to Fiat and was informed that I need to pay INR 3000 to avail 24 Hr RSA package.I am still waiting for the program coupons from the dealer, which yet have not arrived at dealership.Please let me know if you people have any detailed information anout this.

Finally the driving experience remains divine and most satisfactory. As I have already mentioned in my review, steering feedback, handling, stability are much above the class and also to mention fuel efficiency which is very good.(tankfull to tankfull 17.5 kmpl with AC 75-80% of time)
I should not say this but I don't feel like driving old zen anymore.(because I learnt my basics of driving with zen, i ought to respect her too)
Happy driving!!
Old 20th November 2009, 17:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Doc, you might want to see this post on RSA :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1586433

Shouldn't it be free for your Punto as well ?
Old 21st November 2009, 11:15   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Doc, you might want to see this post on RSA :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1586433

Shouldn't it be free for your Punto as well ?
After repeated enquiries with Fiat Helpline and Fiat RSA, they are insisting that I need to pay for RSA as I bought my car in Aug-09 and Program was launched later in October. Your inputs and any more information would be valuable.
Old 21st November 2009, 12:13   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_pankaj View Post
After repeated enquiries with Fiat Helpline and Fiat RSA, they are insisting that I need to pay for RSA as I bought my car in Aug-09 and Program was launched later in October. Your inputs and any more information would be valuable.
I guess, what they say is true.
I called up the RSA to find out if my Punto was covered.
The guy didn't even ask for the VIN, just when I bought the car.
I bought the car around Diwali time so my Punto is covered as RSA was being offered for free then.
I think they should offer it for free to all Fiat Linea and Punto owners. They should not penalize the early adopters.
Old 21st November 2009, 13:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_pankaj View Post
Fiat Grande Punto MJD Emotion Pack.
First Service: 26-10-09
ODO Reading: 3182 km.
Time since buying: 2 months 19 days.
Service Center: ND Naik, Fatorda.

Reported at 9.00 am after taking an appointment 2 days prior. I was the first person to report for the day for service. Was welcomed and directed to Service Manager. He promptly enquired about the problems and inspected the car thoroughly. I had following complaints:
-damaged hinge of parcel tray (which I feel many Punto owners have faced)
-fuel lid not unlocking.
-Needed to adjust low-beam which I felt was too low for comfort especially on high
ways.
With his help, I checked all oil levels and consistency of engine oil which was satisfactory. As I had to go back to hospital, I requested him to take care of these things and keep the car ready at 3.00 p.m.
At 3.00 p.m. Car was ready. I checked it for washing and interior cleaning and the manager also demonstrated the resolved problems of parcel tray and fuel lid.(though I feel fuel lid problem may come back coz it feels too toyish)
Zero billing was done and Service manager handed over the keys to me. He mentioned that I should bring back the car for casual inspection at 7500 km.
thats something good to hear, surely fiat-tata's service centres are improving and hope they continue to do so.

Then started the fun.....I started leaving the service station where security asked for Gate Pass. I was not given gate pass from inside so I told him to call up inside and confirm/send someone with gate pass. But He was strict He made me go all the way again inside and get it. I went and enquired where I was told that zero bill itself is gate pass. I went again...Again security stopped me and enquired...I showed zero bill...He was not happy.He said,'sahab, ye gate pass nahi hai'. I got annoyed and called the reception and requested them to coordinate these things.
So the service experience was GOOD.Climax was not so impressive.
this shows lack of awareness from service advisor, as well as co-ordination, as you needed to run up and down to avail a gate pass.
For security man, he was doin his duty and was right to ask this.

Anyways...though technically nothing was done in first service, I feel that there is gradual improvement in the roll ons and power delivery appears little smoother and quicker than the brand new car. As I have done with my other vehicles, I will be gradually showing her 120 then 140 and 160.

Finally the driving experience remains divine and most satisfactory. As I have already mentioned in my review, steering feedback, handling, stability are much above the class and also to mention fuel efficiency which is very good.(tankfull to tankfull 17.5 kmpl with AC 75-80% of time)
I should not say this but I don't feel like driving old zen anymore.(because I learnt my basics of driving with zen, i ought to respect her too)
ah thats sums it up for fiat, very good overall package from Fiat and hope they continue to do so with better interior quality.
wish you happy miles ahead.

Happy driving!!
my reply in bold.also to say i have started seeing quite good numbers of punto in my city as well mostly emotion and + and diesel ones.
Old 21st November 2009, 15:36   #40
BHPian

Hello Parimal, Congrats to your friend on buying one of the funkiest & sporty car on on Indian roads today. It looks the best in red.

I really appreciate his intention to share his views through you, even though his membership is still pending. (It took me 6 attempts to get a membership here )

Happy driving!
Old 21st November 2009, 22:04   #41

Hi! harryskt, Thanks for the complements. Fortunately I got my registration approved. Now will try to exchange my experience and learn new things and facts from all you guys. Happy Driving.
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

Doc: That was funny incident abt the security, I would've given him an earful and make him call the receptionists. Thats a lousy job of treating a customer.

Happy revving.
Old 23rd November 2009, 18:16   #43

As quoated and eariler and suspected, the fuel lid problem has recurred again. In spite of repeated attempts to open it, It just doesnt open and I dont want to use force on it as it is too plasticky and may break. Anyways these small niggles are not very uncommon for Fiat.
Old 10th September 2010, 13:17   #44

Hi! Guys,

Loggin in after long time. Have completed just more than a year (20600 kms) with my Punto Diesel Emotion Pk and will be sharing with you this experience and also nice and bitter experience with TATA A.S.S. in details soon.

Today,I couldn't resist myself sharing my great experience with my Punto we had yesterday. An unplanned Goa-Dombivli drive.
Started at 3.30 pm from Ponda, Goa (30 kms from Panjim). Reached at 2.00 am. We were confused if we should take NH-17 or NH-4, finally decided to take NH-4.

Ponda-Panjim-Sawantwadi-Ajra-Sankeshwar-Kolhapur-Pune-Panvel-Dombivli.

2 halts: 15 mins at Sawantwadi, 35 mins at Satara.
Distance: 622 kms.
Journey time: 9 hrs 55 mins excluding breaks.
Avg speed : 62 kmph excluding breaks.
Avg Fuel Consumption: 19.1 kmpl with AC 70%.
Tolls paid: INR 2x 52, 3x 25, 1x140.
As always amazing drive, no issues at all. Only there is small one way in Amboli due to recent land slide.
After we reached, me and my friend parimal (parimal_g as you may be knowing)felt we could have easily done 300-400 kms more. Thats the kind of driving pleasure, she gives....(and also that passionate we are about driving her)
Will share pics soon.

Happy Driving!!

Last edited by dr_pankaj : 10th September 2010 at 13:26.
Old 13th September 2010, 20:54   #45

To add to my last post, these are unbelievable details of my return journey from Dombivli to Goa.
Drive with Punto was just amazing as always.
Dombivli-Panvel-Pune-Kolhapur-Sankeshwar-Aajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Panjim.
Just have a look at pics to believe.
(TripA 8 14 in last image means travel time of 8 hrs and 14 minutes.)
Attached Thumbnails
The BOLD, Red and Beautiful is here. (Punto MJD)-img_0249.jpg  

The BOLD, Red and Beautiful is here. (Punto MJD)-img_0250.jpg  

The BOLD, Red and Beautiful is here. (Punto MJD)-img_0251.jpg  

The BOLD, Red and Beautiful is here. (Punto MJD)-img_0252.jpg  

Last edited by dr_pankaj : 13th September 2010 at 21:05.

Most Viewed