Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 11:35   #136
BHPian

20 K Kms 3 service done on 14th Aug 2010.
I actually did not have a complaint which I could tell the servicing guys to fix except a small creaky noise from the AC vent.

I am loving the ownership every moment.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:49   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
I actually did not have a complaint which I could tell the servicing guys to fix except a small creaky noise from the AC vent.

Congrats, good to know that the car is done 20K kms and you are loving your ride.

How about some pics of the glorious beast aftyer done 20K kms? Any mods, car detailing planned? Was the creaky noise rectified, what was the reason?
Old 17th August 2010, 11:56   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

+
Seems you are opening your thread after a long gap -say about 6 months?
All these days you are busy in driving your fiesta and done 20,000kms.
Good going - A Happy Fiestaian!!
Old 17th August 2010, 12:08   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congrats, good to know that the car is done 20K kms and you are loving your ride.

How about some pics of the glorious beast aftyer done 20K kms? Any mods, car detailing planned? Was the creaky noise rectified, what was the reason?

It was not really a too loud creaky noise but a small noise which cannot be noticed in city traffic. I usually encountered it on my way to office which has a strect of highway drive.

They had to open the whole dashboard and do some packing or change the packing (wasnt charged as this came under the warranty)

I did not hear this noise since then.

I will surely post some pics with the beast and its bruises it got during the 20K Kms battle with the traffic.

I checked with the service center if they can do some fixing for the minor scratches but all the recommended was some coating - which I was not interested in.
Talked to Turboholic and he too recommended some rubbing and poilishing which should do the trick.

About Mods- I dont intend to do any modifications. I am happy with the music quality it has and so no real ICE. No other mods which I could think off.
Do you have any interesting mods which you have in mind. They might actually click me.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:12   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Seems you are opening your thread after a long gap -say about 6 months?
All these days you are busy in driving your fiesta and done 20,000kms.
Good going - A Happy Fiestaian!!
Nairsaab - Actually things were smooth for the last few months. No complaints, FE of 13-14 , no accidents

Just like the drive. The only thing I hate about driving is the traffic. But that has nothing to do with the car.

Actually I had a Question - Doesnt the car have some light so it helps me to peep under the hood at night?

I usually fill up the wiper fluid at night before I go for any long drive and find it tough to do it in the dark

Did I miss on knowing something?
Old 17th August 2010, 13:24   #141
Senior - BHPian

haha, not seen any light in the engine compartment(under the hood)!
I never did any work during night time so never thought of such light.
I dont know any other fiesta owner member has seen/searched this light?
Old 17th August 2010, 13:36   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
haha, not seen any light in the engine compartment(under the hood)!
I never did any work during night time so never thought of such light.
I dont know any other fiesta owner member has seen/searched this light?
But then shouldnt a car have a light under the hood? Just like it has something to illuminate the boot?

What in case I am stuck somewhere at night and want to see if I can fix it? Is ford confident that their product will never fail OR een if does a normal person cannot do anything by looking under the hood ?

I do not understand much about mechanics of a car or a scooter but then isnt a light a requirement?

I recollect our old padmini premier have one light . Dont recall lights in a Maruti VAN, 800, i10 or Fiesta.

Or am I missing something big here.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:09   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....Doesnt the car have some light so it helps me to peep under the hood at night?
Is it really a requirement, I havent heard anyone needing it. I got a head-torch complimentary from my tire-dealer that has a belt around the head, used for repairs, tire changes etc in the night. Its LED and powerful. May be you could get something like that. Dont you have a light in your parking area? I thought Pune had enough power supply .
Old 17th August 2010, 14:20   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Is it really a requirement, I havent heard anyone needing it. I got a head-torch complimentary from my tire-dealer that has a belt around the head, used for repairs, tire changes etc in the night. Its LED and powerful. May be you could get something like that. Dont you have a light in your parking area? I thought Pune had enough power supply .
LOL no its not that dark and also I am not gropping my engine in the dark every eve

But I just realized this when I was filling the fluid for wipers. Its not a basic requirement I agree but then I recollect it used to be there in older cars. And I was just thinking about the logic they had a light in the hood. Maybe to help one see when stranded and broken down in some dim lit street or maybe even I call a mechanic to fix it but he will need to see what the issue is.

So I could not understand why is it absent in the next gen cars? Dont modern cars break down in dark? wont a mechanic need some light to look for the fault?

I know I might be asking dumb Questions but then just something which I was thinking

Shaju - yeah Pune still has enough power supply and Puneites have the leisure to waste it.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:25   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont modern cars break down in dark? wont a mechanic need some light to look for the fault?
Its rare that modern cars break down, usually they dont break down in the night ! Mechanics have their own lighting for such works. Keep a torch (preferably used for hunting) or few candles and a match box for your night ventures. Please dont pour the fluid into the wrong hole, so you better buy a torch. LED torch is available from Rs.10/. I remember watching a youtube video, a kid helping his dad, later when he is on the highway, his car sprays engine oil on the windshield ! I think it happened somewhere in Pune .

Last edited by shajufx : 17th August 2010 at 15:26.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:48   #146
Senior - BHPian

But what @rastapopolous suggested is a valid requirement. However advanced the moderns cars are, if they break down at night and maybe at places where there is insufficient/no lights, it always pays to have a small lamp below the hood, not asking for HID lights even a zero bulb would suffice. Hell there are 4 lamps inside the cabin and not one below the hood where the heart is.

An alternate torch or LED lamp would be handy, the lamp below the hoods can be one of the wish list which could be accomodated in the new Fiesta. Ford are you listening????
Old 17th August 2010, 16:13   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Its rare that modern cars break down, usually they dont break down in the night ! Mechanics have their own lighting for such works. Keep a torch (preferably used for hunting) or few candles and a match box for your night ventures. Please dont pour the fluid into the wrong hole, so you better buy a torch. LED torch is available from Rs.10/. I remember watching a Youtube video, a kid helping his dad, later when he is on the highway, his car sprays engine oil on the windshield ! I think it happened somewhere in Pune .
Shaju I do get your point and also the Pune incident. Seems like you planning to move to Pune. You tracking the city well. Maybe we can catch up if you visiting

I think ghodlur got what I meant. Its not about the mechanic having his light or not, or me having a LED or not. Its as simple as in case of a breakdown at night maybe on a higway or a remote village. I might not reallly be carrying the LED gizmo which is cheap and easily available just like I will not be carrying the Kit to fix a flat tyre.

Quote:
But what @rastapopolous suggested is a valid requirement. However advanced the moderns cars are, if they break down at night and maybe at places where there is insufficient/no lights, it always pays to have a small lamp below the hood, not asking for HID lights even a zero bulb would suffice. Hell there are 4 lamps inside the cabin and not one below the hood where the heart is.

An alternate torch or LED lamp would be handy, the lamp below the hoods can be one of the wish list which could be accomodated in the new Fiesta. Ford are you listening????

Ghodlur - Thats exactly what I meant. It might not even be a big under hood problem, maybe as simple as refilling my wiper fluid. But I do need some light. If i turn on the headlights it actually blinds me and will make it tougher to view under the bonnet.

Also one thought is that this is not just a ford thing. I will go home and check if the i10 has any such feature. I somehow am not able to recollect of a light in 800 or the maruti Van.
Old 17th August 2010, 16:21   #148
Senior - BHPian

I havent noticed a light under the hood either in Maruti estillo or Hyundai Accent or
Alto or Esteem (I had all these cars in the past). Yes as you said, a light can be very useful and handy when in emergency breakdown at night time.
Otherwise for topping up of wiper fluid etc can be done in advance (during day time) or with the help of a torch light??
Old 17th August 2010, 16:47   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....if they break down at night and maybe at places where there is insufficient/no lights, it always pays to have a small lamp below the hood....
Do you think a 'zero bulb' will make a difference ? May be you guys haven't seen how a mechanic does his work in the dark. He needs pointed light to the specific area where he is checking which is not possible even with a small hood light or engine light.

Quote:
...... Maybe we can catch up if you visiting...Its not about the mechanic having his light or not, or me having a LED or not..
I haven't seen any car with a light under the hood, may be I have failed to notice. My point is to get a cheaper torch (Rs.20) for emergency than making Ford fix a light under the metal and the customer pays another Rs.1000. I have a torch in the dash right from the first day and I have opened the hood only 3 times in 1 year of ownership.

FYI: If you plan to drive out of town/city, an emergency lamp or torch is one of the basic accessories you should be having with you like a spare tire. A mechanical issue need not be always within the engine compartment, it could be also a blown out fuse under the dash or a stone stuck on the tire or anything anywhere else under the body. So would you ask Ford to fix lights at all these places ? Or carry a torch that meets all the requirements in one go ?

I am done with my Rs.20 opinion, done with it, out of here ! All the best !!
Old 18th August 2010, 08:23   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you think a 'zero bulb' will make a difference ? May be you guys haven't seen how a mechanic does his work in the dark. He needs pointed light to the specific area where he is checking which is not possible even with a small hood light or engine light.
Shaju,

Agreed that zero bulb would not make a huge difference and that keeping a torch is always handy. But atleast if you had to open the bonnet in the middle of nowhere you could atleast inspect the bay area and inform the mechanic of the actual facts, what the mechanic repairs is an after story.

BTW the torch can fail too, the batteries can go bad. My $0.02 for the thought.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks