Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2009, 19:37   #46
BHPian

a few more pics

A few more pictures -

The Sporty Pedal
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-sportypedals.jpg
Back seat armrest and reading light
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-back-seat-reading-lamp.jpg
Spacious boot space
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-bootspace.jpg
The alloy wheels pattern
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-alloy.jpg
Door handle
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-doorhandle.jpg
Lights (took around 2 pm so not too visible)
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-lights.jpg
Rear view mirror
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-rvm.jpg
Reverse parking display unit
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-reverse-parking-display.jpg
Tissue box (Got a leather tissue box after reading about it on Team-Bhp)
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-leather-tissue-box.jpg
Old 1st November 2009, 09:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

How is the Falcon reverse sensor working?
100% belieavable i.e you need not turn your head here and there whilst reversing and only concentrating on the Sensor?

Leather Tissue box looks nice !
Old 1st November 2009, 12:30   #48
BHPian

Falcon display looks very nice on dashboard and I was bit inclined to buy it but after demo I felt its not that user friendly (It may be because I had demo just for 2 - 3min). I gone for LED reverse sensor even though price difference between LED & Falcon is not much.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:37   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
How is the Falcon reverse sensor working?
100% belieavable i.e you need not turn your head here and there whilst reversing and only concentrating on the Sensor?

Leather Tissue box looks nice !
I am sure i was overcharged for the leather tissue box- Rs 450 or am I acting too cheap.
I have got the falcon judgement now. I do not have to turn my head 90% of the times. I can confidently move back with the beep. . . beep. . . beep. The moment it goes beep.beep.beep. I know its time to STOP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Falcon display looks very nice on dashboard and I was bit inclined to buy it but after demo I felt its not that user friendly (It may be because I had demo just for 2 - 3min). I gone for LED reverse sensor even though price difference between LED & Falcon is not much.
I am not sure about how to rate the display as I never look at the display while moving back. I just have my eyes on the Rear View mirrow or ORVM and my ears on the beeps. How is the LED stuff? does it have some meaningful display?
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:33   #50
Senior - BHPian

i am looking for a jan 2010 model of fiesta 1.6 SXI premium, please suggest when should i place the order, i have been told to give the booking amount in 1st week of jan and i will be given the delivery by 3rd or 4th week,
is it right to do the book in the first week of january
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:53   #51
Senior - BHPian

you must specify to the dealer that your DEFINITELY need a 2010 Jan model (manufactures in Jan 2010), as mostly december end productions will come to the showroom till january or the stocks are over, whichever is earlier.Most of the dealers try to fool the buyers saying that the car registered in January becomes January 2010 model (but actually the car might have manufactured during december 2009).

Make sure with the dealer before booking done, as you want a car manufactured in 2010 January, and not a January registered car.

Thanks
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:59   #52
ABZ
BHPian

@ Rastapopoulos - very nice pictures indeed. Am amazed to see the DTE reading close to 570. It also has 70kms done on this trip. Definitely a WOW for the FE you're getting especially if you've reset the trip meter after refueling.
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:59   #53
BHPian

Excellent pictures, but please please go for beige colour floor mates, black mates are killing this beauty.
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:34   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Make sure with the dealer before booking done, as you want a car manufactured in 2010 January, and not a January registered car.
Does it really make a difference? Even if the car is manufactured in Dec '09, you get it registered in Jan '10 only. Now nobody could have driven the car until it is registered. Coming to resale, you mention the make and year of the car is only based on when it is registered and not when it is manufactured. Also, if a buyer is so informed that he can decode the VIN and can find the manufacturing month, he should also be wise enough to know that Dec '09 and Jan '10 dont really make a difference.

Of course, registering in Dec ' 09 and Jan '10 do make a difference during resale as it is sold as a 2009 model car and not a 2010 model car.

IMO, what is more important is that the manufactured date and the registered date shouldn't be more than 3 months apart from each other.
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:04   #55
BHPian

Millionair Dollar Question!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
Does it really make a difference? Even if the car is manufactured in Dec '09, you get it registered in Jan '10 only. Now nobody could have driven the car until it is registered. Coming to resale, you mention the make and year of the car is only based on when it is registered and not when it is manufactured. Also, if a buyer is so informed that he can decode the VIN and can find the manufacturing month, he should also be wise enough to know that Dec '09 and Jan '10 dont really make a difference.

Of course, registering in Dec ' 09 and Jan '10 do make a difference during resale as it is sold as a 2009 model car and not a 2010 model car.

IMO, what is more important is that the manufactured date and the registered date shouldn't be more than 3 months apart from each other.
Exactly the thing going on in my mind, I am planning for Fiesta 1.6SXI during my B'day to Anniversary week in Feb'10, but been confused what about the manufacturing month/year and registration month/year? Does it really matter in case of resale?
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:19   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Exactly the thing going on in my mind, I am planning for Fiesta 1.6SXI during my B'day to Anniversary week in Feb'10, but been confused what about the manufacturing month/year and registration month/year? Does it really matter in case of resale?
If you are planning to book the car in Feb '10, you will most probably get a Jan '10 manufactured vehicle if you choose a safe fast moving color. You could also book the S as that model is made to order and you will get a Feb '10 manufactured car.
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:23   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
I am not sure about how to rate the display as I never look at the display while moving back. I just have my eyes on the Rear View mirrow or ORVM and my ears on the beeps. How is the LED stuff? does it have some meaningful display?
In LED model peep..peep concept is there( just kidding), it have series of LED's on right & left side. The distance remaining before you hit the object is displayed in center. After fixing reverse sensor I confidently reverse the vehicle & felt same is required for front bumper too (I read in one of the thread where someone fitted these sensors on front as well which activates when you engage gear to move car in front)

Attached pic shown with marker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
I think you should book the car in jan first week with condition that car should be 2010 manufactured & without PDI RTO registration should not be done. If you find VIN saying 2009 then you can reject the car as you putting this condition upfront. Though most of the people check RTO registration date but I think you should demand 2010 manufactured vehicle if waiting for 2010 model explicitly.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-img_0434.jpg  

Last edited by kumar7 : 2nd November 2009 at 20:30.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:58   #58
Senior - BHPian

rightly said kumar7, i will make it a point to mention that i need a vehicle manufactured in 2010 only
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:46   #59
BHPian

hey rastapopoulos,

while looking at your car pics, i felt as though am looking at my car. We got the same version, same color, even most accessories look same (spoiler with light, sporty pedal, scuff plates, etc.) - WOW

got some queries:

- even i got a spoler with light. Are you saying that this one is not genuine ford accesory. My dealer told me that its a genuine one.
- even i got a reverse parking sensor last weekend. its an autocop with mirror display and 1 yr warranty. cost me Rs. 3.5K. How much did you pay?

Thanks
Ashish
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:49   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
- even i got a spoler with light. Are you saying that this one is not genuine ford accesory.
Sorry to butt in. Both the genuine Ford spoilers do not have lights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks