Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 22:04   #61
Senior - BHPian

The i got inaugurated today while I wasn't driving All metal panels. Any ideas? It's not just surface nicks, they run fairly deep.

Meet the "i" : Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-photo0287.jpg
Old 12th November 2009, 00:03   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
The i got inaugurated today while I wasn't driving All metal panels. Any ideas? It's not just surface nicks, they run fairly deep.
Sorry, but welcome to the club.
I have something like that on my left bumper and body joint, and the SA in Hyundai said that it would require a paint job.
I have couple of dents elsewhere too (blessings of tata sumo cab drivers) , and decided to get them all fixed during 2nd scheduled service.
I guess for time being wash the car, treat the area with a rubbing compound and wax over it.
Also, make a half yearly / yearly schedule of getting patch paintwork / dent repair done. This is city driving!
Old 12th November 2009, 02:32   #63
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 226140
damn thats bad how did it happen??
Old 12th November 2009, 14:48   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
damn thats bad how did it happen??
Someone was driving the car out of my covered parking, and scraped the pillar. Very annoying.
Old 12th November 2009, 16:01   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

how's the radio reception without the antenna. bad or same?
Old 12th November 2009, 16:41   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
how's the radio reception without the antenna. bad or same?
Best described as.... flickering. Starts buzzing for a moment or so. But otherwise, fairly good. Can't call it bad. Anyway I hardly use the radio, have all my music on a pendrive.
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:51   #67
BHPian

flyingspur, any changes done to solve the issues you had with the Headlamps and Horn of your i ?

Many i20 owners on TBHP have been seen complaining about inadequate OEM Horn and also poor visibility after installing sunfilm on the front (iTwenty removed his Llumar AIR75 for the same reason)
Old 6th December 2009, 14:36   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
flyingspur, any changes done to solve the issues you had with the Headlamps and Horn of your i ?
Nope. Severely pressed for time. No choice but to stick to OEM horn, because adding a dual horn (like in the big cars) will involve a relay and that'll void warranty.

Quote:
Many i20 owners on TBHP have been seen complaining about inadequate OEM Horn and also poor visibility after installing sunfilm on the front (iTwenty removed his Llumar AIR75 for the same reason)
Read Sawyer's post in that thread. Clear film like V70 or the 3M that I have should have no effect whatsoever. I've not had a problem with night driving at all. The i's been on the Nashik highway at night in the past week.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 6th December 2009 at 14:39.
Old 6th December 2009, 17:41   #69
BHPian

congratulations on your i20.!! damn those scratches look bad! it feels really awful when its so new!

i see you kept your apollo tyres! and just changed the alloys! whats the cost and did you sell the alloys to the dealer! how do you work that out!
Old 6th December 2009, 22:16   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
congratulations on your i20.!! damn those scratches look bad! it feels really awful when its so new!
Thanks. Learned to live with it.

Quote:
i see you kept your apollo tyres! and just changed the alloys! whats the cost and did you sell the alloys to the dealer! how do you work that out!
The tyres are great. No need to change. Refer to the earlier posts on the thread. I've mentioned costs, location etc.

Word of caution : Don't use so many exclamations in your posts, or you'll have another infraction !!
Old 7th December 2009, 13:00   #71
BHPian

No warranty loss if you replace OEM horn

Quote:
Nope. Severely pressed for time. No choice but to stick to OEM horn, because adding a dual horn (like in the big cars) will involve a relay and that'll void warranty.
I did replace (note: not add dual horn), OEM with Hella horn with a relay. Initially the Advaith service guys said all this crap about warranty being null etc, then I followed up with Hyundai. Hyundai spoke to me about it and also asked me from which service guys I wanted the fitment and I got it done from Trident.

BTW, I am not sure about dual horn. i.e using both OEM and other horn. I have replaced the OEM horn. As the Hella has 2 horns one horn was fixed inside the front bumper. Other in the place of the OEM.

If your service guy doesnot agree, write/speak to Hyundai and they will get it done.
Old 7th December 2009, 19:09   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
If your service guy doesnot agree, write/speak to Hyundai and they will get it done.
Thank you so much. This is a really big issue with me, and I was hoping some solution could come out of it. What were the costs involved, if I may?
Old 11th December 2009, 21:59   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thought I might update with a figure or two. My last two tanks have returned 9.5 kmpl and 11.12 kmpl. Car stands at about 2900 km on the odo. The first tank was due to some regular hard driving, since I finally crossed ~2200 km and lost patience with the engine Second tank was regular driving under 3k rpm. AC on 100%. Settling down now, and loving it.
Old 11th December 2009, 22:21   #74
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm, mileage doesn't seem that great but maybe due to traffic conditions.

My Altis gave almost the same figures albeit first it gave 11.1kmpl then 9.6kmpl.
Old 11th December 2009, 22:42   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Hmmm, mileage doesn't seem that great but maybe due to traffic conditions.
Both tankfuls on 100% city driving. So lots of bumper to bumper, with AC on and idling. I'm not too worried about it. The Corolla returns about 10ish in the same conditions, or 8.5-9 with hard driving (which happens frequently).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks