Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2010, 23:07   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Really? I was just reporting my good experiences (I love this car, yes, even more than the 3) along with some of the crap I've had to wade through, that's all. For real tips and tricks, you should have a look at wildon's thread.
Yup, It has made me admire the i and I am thinking of it as a better car compared to Swift ZXi(though not entirely convinced as yet)

Quote:
I've done 130-140 with reasonable confidence. Beyond that it will let you know that EPS wasn't such a good idea. Trust me, stay between 100-120 and you'll have a makkhan-smooth ride, you'll get to where you're going well on time, and will also smile with the FE.
What Fe can be expected with the speedo hovering around 100-120kmph?
at what rpm does it do those speeds?

How is the performance near red-line? Is the Car good in straight-line(steering feel wise)?
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:16   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
....better car compared to Swift ZXi(though not entirely convinced as yet)
In every department except outright performance, it is. Unless you love straightline speed and cornering hard, you'll do just fine with the i20. You'll get used to it. And then start loving it !!

Quote:
What Fe can be expected with the speedo hovering around 100-120kmph?
I've managed an easy 14-15 kmpl on my highway trips.

Quote:
at what rpm does it do those speeds?
Now that I haven't observed

Quote:
How is the performance near red-line?
Yawn

Quote:
Is the Car good in straight-line(steering feel wise)?
Damn steering doesn't weigh up at high speeds. But again, you'll get used to it. No biggie.
Old 28th July 2010, 16:04   #93
BHPian

hi. i live in bombay and have an i10 with the irde engine. had the same steering problem got it fixed car is 2 years old and has done about 12000 kms + odd . was thinking of buying a new i20 as a supplementary car - do you recommend ? i like the i10 except i have a few recurring problems: clutch juddering keeps returning even though its not rough used, got steering column changed once under warranty, does your clutch judder too ?

im currently deciding between i20 , jazz and polo but i20 is the most feature packed - so thinking of it ? your comments will be appreciated . thanks
Old 28th July 2010, 17:26   #94
Senior - BHPian

@ M00M : Highly recommended. If you want features, and aren't too much of a spirited driver, there is nothing like the i20 for you in this segment. If, however, you demand the most solidly built car, then the i20 is not bad at all but the Polo beats it hollow. The Polo is short on features though.
Old 28th July 2010, 20:01   #95
BHPian

hi thanks for your response. i love driving so was inclining towards 1.4 but i want it in manual and thats not happening so i guess 1.2 it is. where do you get your car serviced ? any issues on the clutch juddering ? or ac ? or anything that you would like me to know before buying/ considering it ?

i was waiting for the polo 1.6 but its not yet out so will try to wait for its release but i20 looks good on features list, i wonder why other companies dont go the same way. i personally would like a small strong suspension comfy car with some decent fuel efficiency and power.
Old 28th July 2010, 20:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
where do you get your car serviced ?
HMP service centre, Cotton Green.

Quote:
any issues on the clutch juddering ? or ac ?
No problems with the clutch. The AC is weak, yes, but I don't use it on Auto. I adjust the settings myself, and am happy with it.

Quote:
or anything that you would like me to know before buying/ considering it ?
Take a TD. It's not an outright speed gun, but I quite enjoy driving it in the city, taking it up to 4000-5000 rpm for kicks. Not regularly.

Quote:
I personally would like a small strong suspension comfy car with some decent fuel efficiency and power.
There one was such a car. It was called the Getz CRDi.
Old 28th July 2010, 21:14   #97
BHPian

yeah il take a td soon. i am personally very happy with the hmp service at cotton green, they respond and do all the work i tell them.. no diesel not enough running to justify, but yes i loved the normal getz was a really good car. thanks for all ur help, hope u have fun with the car.
Old 30th March 2012, 16:23   #98
Senior - BHPian

Re: Meet the "i" : Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

If there was one thread in need of an update, this is it !!

After a long 24 months with someone in the office, the i20 is back home since a couple of months now. And a few things have changed.

First the negatives. For all the perceived quality that Hyundai has become so good at with their cars, the i20's materials age very poorly. And I feel genuinely sorry to say it, because I still love the car as much as I loved it in October 2009, and even though it is functionally very good, a lot of the plastics and leather have worn off. It is conspicuous, and it really ruins the interior for me. Thankfully I bought one of the older ones which has the brown centre console and not the ugly silver one (my personal opinion). Secondly, the steering column problem is there somewhere, though not as serious or pronounced as the other cases I've seen. I am still in two minds about how to go about this. Further, I took it out of town after a long long time last Saturday. And it was SO slow and painful that I made my friend switch with me, and drove his SX4 for a bit to feel some punch. I really don't think I can take much of this car on the highways out of town.

The positives though. Still a fabulous car with fabulous equipment and very good space. Effortless to drive within the city. Steering controls, USB / AUX and the light steering-clutch-gearbox combination still make it my pick for a city hatch over a Jazz. FE has dipped a bit, single digits is not good news. But the running is not much so I guess that may be one reason for it.

Meet the "i" : Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-img_0115.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks