Team-BHP - Starship Enterprize - Chevy Cruze
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Starship Enterprize - Chevy Cruze (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/68238-starship-enterprize-chevy-cruze.html)

Hey Guys!
Took Delivery of my new white Chevy Cruze LTZ yesterday evening.
It was the first here so there was a lot of hoopla over it. Dignitaries, old customers, Family, friends, media, etc. etc.
Couldn't really perform a PDI before delivery but did it immediately after.
Most of the things about the Chevy Cruze have been mentioned on other threads but I'm gonna add a few new ones.
Drove it for 100+ kms last evening, the impressions are only initial and could change.
The PEPS is not as difficult to get used to than I initially thought.
The drivers seat engulfs you into a cocoon in which you could sit for hours and not feel tired at all.
The MMI is not too complicated but not very friendly either for example it is a pain to jump from one CD to another.
The Music System is nice an Crisp.
I was informed that this Car's ECM has been re-tuned to reduce turbolag, how ever I did not feel a major difference in my car over the earlier TD I had of their demo car. There is evident turbolag uptill 1500 BHP after that there is a very linear and smooth Power delivery.
The car is extremely refined for a 150bhp diesel. The NVH levels are extremely good.
While driving past the Chevy showroom a funny thing happened, there was a new Octy (without number plate & red ribbon) broken down bang outside the Chevy Dealership and a Superb had come down and it seemed like they were trying to jump start (both bonnets open and I saw jumper cables) the vehicle :uncontrol. Couldn't not chuckle.
The Price of a new Chevy Cruze - 14.5L
The Price of a new Skoda Octavia - 13L
The feeling of contentment of having not bought a Skoda Lemon - Priceless :D
Am getting used to people overtaking me and turning around to have look at the car's front already.

Let me be the first to congratulate you. I have not seen the Cruze in person yet but going by reviews, it's a great product. Please post some pics right away.

Nice purchase, congratulations.
Please post some pictures soon.
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by bashani (Post 1553244)
There is evident turbolag uptill 1500 BHP after that there is a very linear and smooth Power delivery.
The car is extremely refined for a 150bhp diesel. The NVH levels are extremely good.

Congrats on your new missile. some pics. Oh yes, 1,500 rpm not 1,500 BHP. But you must be feeling 1500 BHP when you place your feet on the pedal.

Congrats! Please change the tyres right away! Those JKs are crap and your 150bhp missile needs better rubber.

Congrats,
Can you do this experiment for me? I did this during TD for a short duration.
Start car, then give key to someone else outside the car.
Drive away. Does the car switch off? Or you can run away with the key with somebody else

Good you opted for Cruze :). congratulations. Please regularly update on your views about Pros and cons.

Congratulations.
What is the breakup of 14.5L? Sounds like a lot of road tax.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bashani (Post 1553244)
While driving past the Chevy showroom a funny thing happened, there was a new Octy (without number plate & red ribbon) broken down bang outside the Chevy Dealership and a Superb had come down and it seemed like they were trying to jump start (both bonnets open and I saw jumper cables) the vehicle :uncontrol. Couldn't not chuckle.

GM could actually get such Skoda cars as 'actors' and park them nearby with their hoods open et al, to plant seeds of doubt in the minds of 'fence-sitting' customers ;)

Thanks a tonne you all!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarvodaya (Post 1553315)
Congrats on your new missile. some pics. Oh yes, 1,500 rpm not 1,500 BHP. But you must be feeling 1500 BHP when you place your feet on the pedal.

Oops!!
Certainly does:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1553337)
Congrats! Please change the tyres right away! Those JKs are crap and your 150bhp missile needs better rubber.

Considering the option, am researching more about the right set for this car then maybe I will go in for it.
Weren't you looking for a car aswell in this price bracket, what happened?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1553369)
Congrats,
Can you do this experiment for me? I did this during TD for a short duration.
Start car, then give key to someone else outside the car.
Drive away. Does the car switch off? Or you can run away with the key with somebody else

Last night a friend of mine drove away for a couple of mins while I was talking to someone when he came back he asked me "Chaabi Kidhar Hai Bhai?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by driving_smartly (Post 1553375)
Good you opted for Cruze :). congratulations. Please regularly update on your views about Pros and cons.

Surely will.
One con: this my first car with a sunroof so was excited about the feature and drove mostly with the sun roof open. In the morning the black bits inside were all covered in dust and stuck out like an eyesore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 1553383)
Congratulations.
What is the breakup of 14.5L? Sounds like a lot of road tax.

GM could actually get such Skoda cars as 'actors' and park them nearby with their hoods open et al, to plant seeds of doubt in the minds of 'fence-sitting' customers ;)

Haven't gotten the Invoice yet, will update when I get it. We still have the Octroi at 3.xx % here so tht does sting a bit.

Bro, are you into Politics? "Yeh opposition waalon ki hamein badnaam karne ki chaal hai!!" :D
But if it is a trick the chevy people are playing then it is quite an ingenious plan, ain't it?

Thats dangrous. Imagine you are standing next to the car talking to someone. Anybody can come, get in start car, and zoom off

Bashani --- We havent decided yet. Dad's decided to postpone decision to Jan-Feb of next year.

I would suggest Continental CPC2 or if you want to stick to the stock size, then at least Michelin Primacy LC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1553487)
Thats dangrous. Imagine you are standing next to the car talking to someone. Anybody can come, get in start car, and zoom off

It is indeed!
Isn't there any switch provided for this?

Congrats Bashani :)
How about few pics?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1553487)

Yeah it is risky but the key really needs to be close, did the proximity test for the locking mechanism and it worked only within 6-8 feet of the car and correct me if I am wrong I suppose it will get lesser as the battery in the key looses power over time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1553513)
Bashani --- We havent decided yet. Dad's decided to postpone decision to Jan-Feb of next year.

I would suggest Continental CPC2 or if you want to stick to the stock size, then at least Michelin Primacy LC.

Good Idea, The auto expo might bring in some new surprises, did you TD the cruze?
The tires, I'm considering Michellin, am searching for threads with peoples experiences with these.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1553588)
It is indeed!
Isn't there any switch provided for this?

Congrats Bashani :)
How about few pics?

Nope, no switch, not that I know of at least.

I'm loading a few pictures taken from my cell will upload a few from my digi cam tomorrow hope fully.
Cheers

Congrats Bashani!

So, got yourself a rocket on wheels! And yes, the rubber please, do get them changed, as Nikhil said!

Wishing you a very long blessed ownership experience with the new guy!

OT:
Going "Chiggy Wiggy" eh??? :D

EDIT:

Love the title: "Starship Enterprize"!

Wow, superb car. I am looking forward to when they launch their AT version so that I can upgrade from my City CVT.