Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:35   #136
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports - Initial ownership report.

Excellent review Kcnetid!
After reading your post I called up J Williams folks here to take a TD of Cedia. The dealer response was prompt and they sent a brand new white Cedia for TD. It was a 2011 spec with few changes to the earlier Sports version. As you have put it correctly it’s an 'engineered' car. I have driven quite a few hatchbacks and sedans under 10L on Indian roads but Cedia is something special. The handling, braking and suspension set-up is top notch. All the so called negative factors (resale, brand name, mileage etc) aside whoever is planning to buy a sedan under 10L should TD this vehicle.
Old 14th February 2011, 14:27   #137
BHPian

Hi Kcnetid, awesome write up, My Red Cedia is 3 months old and has covered 6K kms, your review and points of consideration was spot on as mine, just love this car.

Just finished the ICE part and next in line is a performance hop up.
Old 12th April 2012, 15:17   #138
BHPian

3 years late to read, but better late than ....and all that.
But, WOW ... What an ownership account!! Love the prose and the wry humour contained in it. I repeat - SIMBLY LOVE!!!
Am sure there is not a better post in TBHP than yours!

Enjoy the beast!
Old 7th January 2020, 12:39   #139
BHPian

Engine "Head" required for Cedia

Hi all,

Last week I messed up, ignored some knocking from engine and drove the car until engine seized and car broke down on the road.
Mechanic replaced radiator which was obviously broken and leaking all over and once we tried to start, we still had issues and on further inspection we saw coolant in engine block. he inspected it and tried to fix it using lathe/sleeves but said that the Engine head is beyond any kind of repair.

Long story short, the radiator was broken (which I didn't know), engine overheated (which I ignored) and the mechanic checked everything out and said that the Engine head is beyond use. Car is Mitsubishi Cedia sports 2009 model.

1. Mechanic said that a new head will cost ~ 60k (and a used one will be 35k). I know the mechanic for a while and don't think he is over quoting but just wanted to quickly verify on this forum.

2. We are having trouble find Engine head for this model in Hyderabad. Can anyone offer suggestions where I can procure a new or even used Engine head ? I am in Hyderabad but I suppose can get a head (new or old) shipped in from anywhere in India.

Also, if this is not the right forum, can you please suggest on where I should post this?

Thanks in advance
kcnetid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 11:31   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh..thats a bad news! I believe SunnyBoi based in Bangalore has a Cedia too and he may be able to help you. Please PM him. How much has the car run?

Most Viewed