Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 12:52   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Quick question - the driver's seat does have height adjustment, right?
Yes it has, as a standard feature.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:56   #17
BHPian

Excellent review enjoyed every bit, now enjoy the car
Old 29th October 2009, 13:11   #18
BHPian

Excellent initial ownership report kcnetid.
I suddenly see many CEDIA threads floating around.

I always thought if someone has 10L to spend and does so much of research, he ends up buying a CEDIA. Or else he will end up with something "All New" that most of the crowd goes with.
Other than the large size steering wheel and under powered headlamps, I love everything else on my old CEDIA sports. I have choice with headlamps, but will have to live with the steering old wheel.
I am sure the new owners will be loving their MOMO steering wheel.
Old 29th October 2009, 13:23   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

SJ, the momo steering wheel makes a huge difference! The steering on ROC's car with the AD07s now feels very very light and I dont like it!
Old 29th October 2009, 14:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Very well written first impression and ownership thread this is.

I have read many people's reviews here on Cedia ownerships but this one wins hands down.

The Kenwood IN DASH touch screen HU and sat nav really is a very nice standard accessory being provided by Mitsu.

The Alloys look cool and the leather Fabric also looks Fab.

Keep updating this thread regularly.
Old 29th October 2009, 14:28   #21
BHPian

Excellent write up there sir.

Wasn't aware that we can order the Cedia without those stickers. IMHO they look ugly. The clean car looks smashing
Old 29th October 2009, 14:58   #22
BHPian

Congrats on becoming a Cedizen :-).
Ride safe and do update with the performance mods you would be doing on the vehicle.
I am not a race-gene'd driver, but I am in absolute love with the vehicle for the preciseness in the road, the absolute reliability & ofcourse the way she looks.

I really love the sports model tail-lamp cluster, probably will upgrade to that once I have some dough.
Old 29th October 2009, 15:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Beautifully written sir. Love the car, love the colour and absolutely love the 'oh-so Japanese Almost OHC kind of spartan yet 80's' racing look on the insides! Cheers!!
Old 29th October 2009, 15:40   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb and Detailed initial ownership report. I am yet to see a white mitsu in Hyderabad. Maybe, i'll bump into yours someday.

Btw, how much was the OTR price and what kind of discounts you got? If i am not wrong you got the newly spruced up cedia sports which comes with alloys and other value-add ons?
Old 29th October 2009, 16:40   #25
VMG
BHPian

Excellent write up man and congratulations on your new Cedia sports.

Enjoy and safe driving.

I am happy with my car but I am missing all the new features like OZ, climate control, Sprots steering, etc.,
Old 29th October 2009, 16:43   #26
BHPian

OTR in Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Superb and Detailed initial ownership report. I am yet to see a white mitsu in Hyderabad. Maybe, i'll bump into yours someday.

Btw, how much was the OTR price and what kind of discounts you got? If i am not wrong you got the newly spruced up cedia sports which comes with alloys and other value-add ons?
Thank you.
You should see me between Gachibowli and Madhapur.... - I did get the new spruced up Cedia sports. It does indeed come with all goodies as part of the package. The new cediasports.in site has the details. You can get a test drive at Raima Motors too. Keep 1-2 hrs free for the drive and to appreciate the car.

My OTR was 10.9. still need to get the permanent Registration number which I think is just 1-2k - not sure. I did not bargain too much. Just some basic bargaining for the sake of it but cut down on extended warranty as I wanted to mod it as soon as possible.
Old 29th October 2009, 16:48   #27
Team-BHP Support

@kcnetid : I really loved the starting of your write-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
Small correction:
Cedia's turning radius == 4.9m
Swift's turning radius == 4.7m

The only other sedan with a similar turning radius is the Ford Fiesta 1.6 S
The Ikon also comes with a 4.9m turning radius.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:33   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
Thank you.
You should see me between Gachibowli and Madhapur.... - I did get the new spruced up Cedia sports. It does indeed come with all goodies as part of the package. The new cediasports.in site has the details. You can get a test drive at Raima Motors too. Keep 1-2 hrs free for the drive and to appreciate the car.

My OTR was 10.9. still need to get the permanent Registration number which I think is just 1-2k - not sure. I did not bargain too much. Just some basic bargaining for the sake of it but cut down on extended warranty as I wanted to mod it as soon as possible.
Great, that sounds like a steal. I rarely use the Madhapur to Gachibowli road but i use daily Gachibowli to Mehdipatnam road.

Let me get down to business. Whats the FE?
Old 29th October 2009, 17:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic review. One of the best reports that I have read on Team BHP. The car looks awesome. I hope you have a lot of happy miles with her. Congrats!
Old 29th October 2009, 17:49   #30
BHPian

Fuel Efficiency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Great, that sounds like a steal. I rarely use the Madhapur to Gachibowli road but i use daily Gachibowli to Mehdipatnam road.

Let me get down to business. Whats the FE?
Surprisingly, it never occurred to me to ask till I was driving out with the vehicle. The Mitsu website says ~ 13 kmpl. The showroom guys said that under city conditions a more practical number is ~ 10 kmpl.
I chose not to make this a consideration during buying. I avg ~ 20 kms a day so not too much of an issue there. My weekend drives are long and there I want pleasure rather than efficiency. I think the cost difference between great mileage and low mileage will be less than Rs 1500/month and thats Ok by me.
I kept my expectations simple and uncomplicated else the plethora of options will make any decision difficult.
People look for different things, my personal preferences:
First priority is performance - engine, chasis, suspension and brakes.
Second is interiors and exteriors
Third is creature comforts, bells and whistles

If you are seriously considering the Cedia, you should really look up Cedia Sports and the mitsu-india site. All basic info is covered there. All the other stuff is covered on TeamBHP.

The one thing that really struck me is that there is not one single negative review about the Cedia. Slightly underpowered for the chasis, suspension and brakes but the current power is not really bad for this category - only underpowered if you look at the potential of the 2.0 ltr engine. Easily upgradeable as I understand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks