Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 18:38   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr View Post
This thread seems to be the latest on Cedia and so I decided to post my questions here: (Please move it to appropriate thread if this is not the right place)

I own a 3yr 8month old cedia and it's done 34K. I was happy with the ride and overall comfort with the car until I've taken a test drive of new cedia (sport) last week. The ride, handling in TD car was very impressive and much better compared to my car. Engine noise was very less in TD car and I'm feeling as if I own a diesel car ever since I TD new Cedia. Since then I started thinking about possible reasons why I'm not having the same comfort with my car. Since I'm observing it more now, I'm feeling small path holes and ride is too stiff than what I remember when the car was new.

(I'm assuming new Cedia sport comes with only cosmetic changes and has nothing new in terms of ride/comfort and engine noise aspects)

1. Tyres worn out (They are BS Stock tyres) - How do I check this?
2. Wheel balancing & Alignment issues ( I feel wobbling when I apply break at higher speeds)
3. Pending major service (40K service) of replacing filters, engine oil etc might be the reason for engine noise
4. Suspension makes tweaking noises at times. May be I've to do something for the suspensions if not replace them. Could it be the reason for hard ride?

If any of you had experienced similar issues with your Cedia and solved them, let know what can be done. I'm looking for experts comments/pointer to find solutions for the above problems.

-CSR
The part numbers for almost all suspension parts of Cedia Sports is different than older Cedia, it has OZ alloys instead of Hindalco alloys on earlier Cedia. Each alloy costs about 15000. the suspension is tweaked for sporty handling.

Coming back to your cedia, Check your front struts they may need replacement, Arms etc I dont think should give up so soon.

wobbling may be related to tyre balance.

On the tyres front, I replaced Cedia's OEN Bridgestone to Michelin Primacy LC. It is an amazing tyre, there is zero noise transferred from road back, absolutely quite and excellent grip. This also uses energy saving compound, so you may experience a little better FE too.
Old 14th December 2009, 19:54   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
You will need an add on blackbox and matching maps for the same. You can buy this add-on module (Nippon-Kenwood with Mapmyindia maps) through dealers only as Nippon does an OEM supply only to Mitsu. However, the price quoted is very high ~40K and its not worth it at that price. My wife's Cedia Sports has this and my Lancer invex has space for double din so I did some research on it.
@rishi_kapoor and @cedizen - you are right - the cedia comes OE-fitted with a kenwood multimedia system and an add-on mapmyindia gps blackbox module (loaded with mapmyindia maps/software on SD card). you can purchase this add-on black box from mapmyindia for your kenwood system, we are about to officially launch the product in the after-market. the price is not high like 40K. its far lesser.

if you are interested mail us at contact@mapmyindia.com or call our customer care at 09999333223/4. alternatively, private message me your email details, and i will have someone reach out to you. which city are you looking for?
Old 14th December 2009, 23:09   #93
BHPian

Gps

Thanks rishi_kapoor for your reply..

ya I checked with Mitsu they quoted the price for the the Kenwood Nav kit KNAG431 as 35k which is just too much..its rather better that I buy a seperate device from Mapymyindia in much lesser price.but that spoils the fun of using the OEM fitted player

I spoke to a guy from Nippon he says he cannot provide me this stuff directly and it needs to come from HM only as they had tie ups with HM and and the billing needs to be done from HM only...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
You will need an add on blackbox and matching maps for the same. You can buy this add-on module (Nippon-Kenwood with Mapmyindia maps) through dealers only as Nippon does an OEM supply only to Mitsu. However, the price quoted is very high ~40K and its not worth it at that price. My wife's Cedia Sports has this and my Lancer invex has space for double din so I did some research on it.
Old 14th December 2009, 23:24   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This thread seems to be the latest on Cedia and so I decided to post my questions here: (Please move it to appropriate thread if this is not the right place)

2. Wheel balancing & Alignment issues ( I feel wobbling when I apply break at higher speeds)
3. Pending major service (40K service) of replacing filters, engine oil etc might be the reason for engine noise
4. Suspension makes tweaking noises at times. May be I've to do something for the suspensions if not replace them. Could it be the reason for hard ride?
Wobbling when you brake means the brake pads need to be adjusted. Please get this done.

If tyres are worn out, get better tyres. How can you check? Visually inspect the tyres!

Why dont you get the full service done and then see if you have these problems.
Old 14th December 2009, 23:25   #95
BHPian

Gps

@rohanguns..good to hear that you guys are about launch the box .Infact i do remember hearing the same from my friend in Pune who owns a Car Accessories show there.

I did email the customer care for mapmyindia a month ago.And I guess some guy named Kishore had replied to my query mentioning that they dont presently support the same.

I shall send you a private message in a while and you can lemme know the details for the same.Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanguns View Post
@rishi_kapoor and @cedizen - you are right - the cedia comes OE-fitted with a kenwood multimedia system and an add-on mapmyindia gps blackbox module (loaded with mapmyindia maps/software on SD card). you can purchase this add-on black box from mapmyindia for your kenwood system, we are about to officially launch the product in the after-market. the price is not high like 40K. its far lesser.

if you are interested mail us at contact@mapmyindia.com or call our customer care at 09999333223/4. alternatively, private message me your email details, and i will have someone reach out to you. which city are you looking for?
Old 15th December 2009, 01:57   #96
Senior - BHPian

Please find my relies in bold

Quote:
I own a 3yr 8month old cedia and it's done 34K. I was happy with the ride and overall comfort with the car until I've taken a test drive of new cedia (sport) last week. The ride, handling in TD car was very impressive and much better compared to my car. Engine noise was very less in TD car and I'm feeling as if I own a diesel car ever since I TD new Cedia. Since then I started thinking about possible reasons why I'm not having the same comfort with my car. Since I'm observing it more now, I'm feeling small path holes and ride is too stiff than what I remember when the car was new.

Higher engine noise may be because of rpm tuned higher than normal, on service the mechanics do play with the race.

I'm assuming new Cedia sport comes with only cosmetic changes and has nothing new in terms of ride/comfort and engine noise aspects)

Yes, the new cedia just has a few cosmetic changes in interiors and the exteriors. However, the powertrain and the suspension set-up remains same.

My car is about 37k done and I am now feeling the need to replace them. However, they can still last for another 7-8k kms but I guess I ll get it changed asap.

same problem as what I experienced. it has been reported in other cedias as well. what you need is a disc phase and a pair of new disc pads if the old ones have run their life. Here in delhi, the service center charge aboutRs.800 per disc phase. However, it up to you to get it done at the service centre or outside. I got it done outside and it costed me around Rs.250 for both disc phase. was done on a machine.

wobbling while applying brakes is certainly the issue of unlevelled disks. i am dead sure about this.

I recently got the 40k service done. Althought, the service did make a difference, but it was just marginal. I dont think service will be a cause for engine noise.

suspension noise at 34k... very surprising. Its not normal untill you drive on pathetic roads all the time (I am saying pathetic not even bad). get it checked. maximum it may need is tightening up of a few bolts. However, I dont even see a need for that at 34k. My car's suspension is still as good as new at 37k.

If any of you had experienced similar issues with your Cedia and solved them, let know what can be done. I'm looking for experts comments/pointer to find solutions for the above problems.

you can see my ownership report here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...shi-cedia.html

-CSR
Please note that I have driven the new cedia sports and the only difference I felt was the better feel of momo steering which I miss in my car. Rest the car was same as mine.

Also, minute details including driving areas wil even differ in 2 new cars. So be least bothered if mitsubishi doest report any issues in your vehicle after being checked.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 15th December 2009 at 02:01.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:57   #97
BHPian

Gaurav is right. The new Cedia did not go for any internal changes, it was more the visible ones like the grill, headlights, wheels, steering and ICE. The rest like engine, suspension so and so forth is still the same.

As he pointed out, no 2 cars will be the same, even fresh out of the factory. There will be minute differences.
Old 16th December 2009, 01:47   #98
BHPian

Spoke to a Person from mapmyindia as arranged by rohanguns. These guys are charging 25k after a 10% Discount for a blackbox loaded with Maps compatible with kenwood DDX5032. He mentioned the model # as C1000. Not yet officially launched by mapmyindia.

I think 25k is too much..Ideally after the launch it should be available between 11k-15k in the market..dont think it would be a success at such a high price.
Old 21st December 2009, 14:12   #99

Hi folks,

I would wish to upgrade the headlamps in my one month old cedia sports, cause I went for a long midnight drive outside Bangalore and found the stock bulbs not throwing enough luminous and light on highways to strike a chord with the Volvos/Trucks/ SUVs etc. Can someone recommend a higher wattage bulb to replace the stock bulbs ( wiriing/relay not required) or have the Xenon bulbs or similar brands in the car( in this case, wiring is necessary). The existing bulbs come with 55/60 watts.
Old 21st December 2009, 14:26   #100
csr

Thanks a lot Rishi, Nikhil and Gaurav for your valuable inputs. They certainly are of great help. I've decided to get full 40K service done next week and also check with Mitsu folks before I go ahead and do something for tyres & suspension.

Also one other thing that realized was that there was an issue with my tyre pressure as well. I filled the air from a different petrol pump last couple of time than where I regularly used to. When I got it checked with the my regular petrol pump, it was surprisingly 44PSI as against what I have seen on the display (30 PSI) in the new petrol pump. Looks like the new petrol pump is not calibrated it's meter well. Or may be that guy is playing with tyre pressure to get better mileage when people fill petrol from them. I've seen this petrol pump to be notorious for all kinda misdeeds. I was in some urgency last couple of times due to which I had to go to them. But I didn't expect such huge difference (error).
I then again filled it at my regular petrol pump with 30PSI and the tyre noise is low now and also ride is much better. But it still doesn't match with what I experienced with TD cedia! I guess I still got to do something about the ride quality.

I'll post the updates when I'm done with the service.

-CSR
Old 21st December 2009, 15:03   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
R_O_C.! Where in this country you are pushing her to 180 and double ton man. Incredible. I wouldn't dare to push beyond 150, with Indian road Conditions.! Of course, it needs 'power' to push that kind of clicks.
@RajaTaurus, @gaurav_chopra04, @reignofchaos:

My Cedia's crossed the double ton on both Shell normal, and good ole HP fuel as well.

As a regular on the Mum-Pune expressway, I hardly notice differences between different fuels - I usually tank up either at the Shell on the highway or the HP on the same stretch. The car just cruises at 160ks and holding 180+ clicks is not difficult at all.

But I do have one issue: there is lot of wind noise above 160ks, is that okay? I know that these are extreme speeds but the noise really gets high only above that speed.

Lastly, yes I still do love this car. Love.

Cheers!
Payne
Old 21st December 2009, 15:35   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post
@RajaTaurus, @gaurav_chopra04, @reignofchaos:

My Cedia's crossed the double ton on both Shell normal, and good ole HP fuel as well.

As a regular on the Mum-Pune expressway, I hardly notice differences between different fuels - I usually tank up either at the Shell on the highway or the HP on the same stretch. The car just cruises at 160ks and holding 180+ clicks is not difficult at all.

But I do have one issue: there is lot of wind noise above 160ks, is that okay? I know that these are extreme speeds but the noise really gets high only above that speed.

Lastly, yes I still do love this car. Love.

Cheers!
Payne
I think most of what you hear is tyre noise. Are you on the RE88s?

If you've upgraded to quieter tyres, then maybe it is wind noise. That is one thing the Cedia has a lot of.
Old 21st December 2009, 18:41   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_msingh View Post

. Can someone recommend a higher wattage bulb to replace the stock bulbs ( wiriing/relay not required) or have the Xenon bulbs or similar brands in the car( in this case, wiring is necessary). The existing bulbs come with 55/60 watts.
Hi Ajay,
You can also try OSRAM Night-Breaker or Philips Extreme(?). These bulbs are of 55/60 W , but generates a perceptibly better lighting. The throw also becomes pretty accurate and it doesnt blind oncoming vehicles. These doesnt require relay/wiring et al.
Old 21st December 2009, 19:12   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I think most of what you hear is tyre noise. Are you on the RE88s?

If you've upgraded to quieter tyres, then maybe it is wind noise. That is one thing the Cedia has a lot of.
He's on PP2s. Payne try shell premium if ou haven't :P
Old 21st December 2009, 22:47   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_msingh View Post
Hi folks,

I would wish to upgrade the headlamps in my one month old cedia sports, cause I went for a long midnight drive outside Bangalore and found the stock bulbs not throwing enough luminous and light on highways to strike a chord with the Volvos/Trucks/ SUVs etc. Can someone recommend a higher wattage bulb to replace the stock bulbs ( wiriing/relay not required) or have the Xenon bulbs or similar brands in the car( in this case, wiring is necessary). The existing bulbs come with 55/60 watts.
Hi ajay,

You may go for Philips 110Watt Bulbs as well.Those are good if you dont have a budget for HIDs as they usually start from 5k but the one's you will like would cost around 9k.

Even I faced the same problem with my 3 months Old Cedia on highways would be upgrading the head lamps soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks