Team-BHP - SCOOP: Exclusive India drive: Hyundai I10 CRDi LHD prototype
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   SCOOP: Exclusive India drive: Hyundai I10 CRDi LHD prototype (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/68467-scoop-exclusive-india-drive-hyundai-i10-crdi-lhd-prototype-2.html)

scoopy do does it again!:)

Seriously, we are in dire need of a good small diesel hatch from Hyundai.

I say cut the curtain airbags, cruise control, rear discs and sell the car with front airbags+abs and front disc/rear drum spec. This should bring down the price. (And add an auto box please:. there is no diesel automatic gearbox car below the verna at this moment!! )

Good one sid! Sounds like a recipe for success if they get the pricing right!

PS: How were the black interiors? I love them a lot more then beige, I wish they'd launch it in india, as an option atleast!

Absolutely fantastic scoop. I always wait to see what's the next great scoop you put up. Brilliant.

Once you put something on the net - its out there!! Don't think Mods can take any 'action' against anyone publicising this info further other than banning someone assuming you know the identity, that too assuming that person is a member.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1559749)
A request to other websites not to mention or publish this article at any cost.
Moderators are requested to take actions necessary if this is done.

Nice Scoop Sid. Hyundai had many advantages. Getz, Verna Teraccan, Tucson. But one factor which it could not succeed was the pricing. Hyundai should study the market, like Honda and Toyota before launching products.

Hyundai I 10 with diesel engine is the best option. Hope hyundai launches it at the earliest. With GM introducing Spark with Diesel engine in late 2010 or early 2011, Hyundai has plenty of time to introduce the I 10 with diesel engine. But the key factor is pricing, since GM is locally producing the Diesel engine for Spark.

About the engine:

oohh the Scoop master is back. Its one among the best SCOOP of cream.

That's a light & quick revving diesel machine form Hyundai.
If Hyundai tends to release this diesel variant, no doubt the price will touch the roof.
The same what had happened to i20.

Going by Hyundai's track record, it will probably be overpriced by at least 1 lakh, so at best it will be a niche segment.

The car sounds brilliant but who will buy it when you can get a full size car like an Indica or Punto and perhaps Figo for same or less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 1559871)
scoopy do does it again!:)

Seriously, we are in dire need of a good small diesel hatch from Hyundai.

I say cut the curtain airbags, cruise control, rear discs and sell the car with front airbags+abs and front disc/rear drum spec. This should bring down the price. (And add an auto box please:. there is no diesel automatic gearbox car below the verna at this moment!! )

Seriously, the day this car comes with diesel and automatic, I will buy it. Hope Hyundai is hearing this.

Great ! Now i10 would come in Diesel. But will people buy it will it be a great hit. I am not sure we will have to wait and see. First of all for urban driveability i10 is a great car, i would say its a more comfortable Santro to be precise. I know we can squeeze 3 in the back seat but still its more like a 4 seater car. Look at the petrol variants that sell, maximum will sell in magna, sportz and few would be Asta. and how many would buy that sunroof option with 6 airbags for a small car (maybe rich wifes as a 2nd or 3rd car).
Looking at current petrol variants and OTR prices (BLR)
Magna - 4,64,068
Sportz - 4,95,560
Asta - 5,63,212
Asta Sun Roof - 5,80,708

Add another 75k to 1L for the diesel variant, and tell me who would buy at that price. Still the difference could be more because of initial imports. Even after localization, I still doubt if it will be any cheaper.We all know Hyundai!

Imagine paying for i10's Diesel Asta price of 6.63 (5.63+1L) and getting a small car with all features and at the same time a bigger Punto MJD E+ would cost 7.29, or a bigger i20 Magna DSL at 7.35(minus the airbags).

A car has to be a VFM proposition in India to sell, no wonder no manufacturer launches coupes in India to sell in big numbers.

If they price it at 5 to 5.35 L range a little more than current magna/sportz petrol variants, then probably it may sell a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1560064)
About the engine:
  • Codenamed-Hyundai "U" engine
  • The 1.1L U engine is a 3 cylinder version.
  • Made of aluminium cylinder head and block, currently the smallest diesel produced by Hyundai-KIA.
  • Chain driven DOHC with 4 valves per cylinder, Bosch common rail direct injection (CRDi), variable geometry turbocharger (VGT) and intake air swirl control.
  • It is one of Hyundai's most efficient engines using only 4.2L/100km (56 MPG), and emits a minuscule 112 g/km of CO2.
  • The engine also incorporates a 1½ engine order balance shaft mounted under the crankshaft driven by helical gears to manage engine vibration.

This is what i got for 1.1L

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1645315)
This is what i got for 1.1L

There is something amiss here. How can a 3 cylinder engine have a 1-3-4-2 firing order?!please:

Interesting that the head rests are not integrated as in Indian I10, but adjustable types

Do we have any feedback on the Indian I10 head rests from owners? Do they provide enough support?