Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2009, 16:35   #16
BHPian

Thanks everyone! Wow, it really feels special to have a Linea in the stable.

Ok, so Teflon coating is a no-no. I did read a few threads on wax/ turtle wax/ gel etc. On the whole, people seem to favour amway shampoo. I suppose Sonax / Formula 1 products would do?

I should point out, though, that it's my DAD's car. I merely get to drive it once in a while. Can't wait for the engine to be run in. Then drive it to Mumbai
Old 22nd November 2009, 09:50   #17
BHPian

Congrats on the buy Sultanofswing. Its a great car. You'll enjoy driving it for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sultanofswing View Post
Thank you very much

other than the aforementioned niggles, nothing as yet. If someone with prior experience of contacting FIAT could help me out with appropriate e-mail IDs, i would be very grateful. I was quite surprised to see 200+ kms.
Hahaha, so the record is still with us. Ours was around 300 km, I think it was 287 km or something like that. Reason given to us was PDI. We didn't make much of it at the time and still dont for that matter. But when we took delivery of it; it didn't look like as if it was abused and the interiors were clean. T-BHP members did tell me that it could have been used as a TD vehicle. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't but the bottomline line is that we've had absolutely no problems with the car till date (Touchwood). No rattles, no tak tak from suspension/steering systems, no nothing! Just the rear quarter glass's chrome strips coming off.
Quote:
Also, Bafna is coating 3k for Teflon coating with one additional coat after 6 months. Is it advisable? From what I gather, the opinions are mixed about the pros/cons of Teflon coating.
In my knowledge Teflon coating is a wax/polish from 3M company, just like any other wax product. It's somehow become a big name in India, so people think of it as some special coating, whereas it is actually just another wax. 3 grand is too much. You can get waxing done from some car detailing shop for much less than that. After all why pay 3K just for waxing!
Quote:
Can't wait for the engine to be run in. Then drive it to Mumbai
I'm getting tired of telling this. There is no running in period for Linea.
Old 22nd November 2009, 14:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

SOS, where are the pictures mate, you havent posted any till now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks