Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2009, 16:56   #1
BHPian

New Swift Dzire VDi - It's Rockin'

Thrilled to take delivery of my Metallic Sovereign Blue Dzire VDi from Pratham Motors. It was delivered to me as promised on 30th October 2009.

This is the first diesel car that I have bought. Before this, I have been driving a series of daddy-owned Premier Padminis, Maruti 800 DX and Wagon R VXi. We still have the Wagon R and will be selling it soon.

The new Swift simply rocks! The diesel engine from Fiat is amazing. It shoots off like a rocket in the second gear and this one aspect helped me make up my mind during the test drive.

I am pretty happy with the leg space (being a shortish person) and driving position. The rear leg space is nothing to write home about but decent enough for a family of 4 or 5. The boot is also very accommodating.

I have not been able to drive it for a long distance trip yet being only a week old. However, I plan to take it to Mysore or Mangalore shortly.

As far as initial mileage test is concerned, I am getting about 13.8kmpl. This is with AC on in Bangalore traffic. I hope to get more on the longer trips and welcome opinions on the city mileage expected.

I am more than happy with the ICE in the car but have read conflicting reports on various forums. Is the CD/MP3 player really that bad? I think it is pretty decent and have no plans of tampering with it.

So far I have done about 450km all in Bangalore City (with weekday trips to Electronic City). Visibility at the back is pretty poor especially when parking. I am pretty impressed with the short turning cirle and find it useful when making U-turns on blocked roads in Bangalore.

Overall, initial feeling is that I have chosen the right car and hope that I will enjoy it during the long drives that I am planning.
Old 6th November 2009, 22:32   #2
BHPian

Congrats buddy! Heres to many miles of comfortable and pleasurable motoring!

As far as the ICE goes, if you aren't very particular about thumping base and intend on going easy on the speakers, it should suffice. But if you enjoy the volume up and the windows down, change. They're susceptible to tearing
Old 6th November 2009, 23:01   #3
BHPian

Congrats on your new car! How long did you have to wait after booking?
Old 6th November 2009, 23:10   #4
BHPian

congratz dude..!
Dzire will always bring a smile on your face,thanx to its peppy drive.
Some pics will add fun to your report
Old 7th November 2009, 09:19   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Congrats on your new car! How long did you have to wait after booking?
Believe it or not, I waited 2 days after booking. One day for registration and took delivery on the next. Needless to say, this was because of some 'jugaar'!
Old 7th November 2009, 11:30   #6
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Congrats hawrie. Instant delivery!!! I think it took more than just a simple "jagaar", i am sure you will be knowing to the showroom owner or someone up there to do such a thing.

I have driven the car and the rear view is very very limited. Reversing the car is pretty tough. You should install a rear camera in the Dzire to make things easier.
Old 7th November 2009, 15:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hawrie, congratulations on your dzire.Surely as MAS said there was not just juggad but else too, which i feel is safe to share here which might help other buyers as well.Do share some pictures of your ride and enjoy.
Old 15th November 2009, 22:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Hawrie, congratulations on your dzire.Surely as MAS said there was not just juggad but else too, which i feel is safe to share here which might help other buyers as well.Do share some pictures of your ride and enjoy.
MAS and you are right - I know someone who knew someone! I have a gentleman's agreement with them not to reveal names.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks