Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 16:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Hi Shishir, I think there is some dis-connect here- I said just over 20. i.e. around 20.3 / 20.4 Kmpl. Not "just 20"
Actually the mileage is lot more than I actually expected from this car I am extremely happy with it
Then welcome to the group of 20's FE. Even my dad's car(Matiz) gives almost 20 if driven carfully. NIce to hear about new cars giving that much
Old 20th November 2009, 16:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

No ritz will give that much Mileage .My Bil too said 22 KMPL he got from his car and even I was shocked .
Old 21st November 2009, 22:07   #18
BHPian

The car is nearing it's second service and it is due in 10 days and I think this is the right time for me to put my likes and dislikes about the car. So heregoes-

What I like in my Car-
  • Stability- For a tall boy this car is very stable
  • Gearshift- The gearshifts are very precise and position of the lever is very comfortable.
  • I love the dashboard design.
  • Lot of small storage recesses
  • Air-conditioning- It is lot better compared to our old Santro
  • Seating- Front seating is very comfortable. Rear is better than the Swift.
  • Ride- Rides well on bad roads. Better than the Swift
  • Surprise surprise- Something I dreaded in a Maruti, no rattles!! Atleast not yet!
  • The MJD- I am simply blown away by the torque in store. Very Driveable
  • Mileage- With 80% highway and rest in City (with 100% AC) I get over 20 Kmpl which is great.

What I don’t like-
  • Glove box position- I find it too low and whenever I open it falls on the left passengers knees.
  • Few cheap plastic bits. Especially the plastic on internal boot release and remote fuel lid lever. I am used to Hyundai’s better plastics for 9 years in my Dad’s car.
  • Reversing- I am still not very comfortable when parking in tight spots. I did not have the same problem with the Santro eventhough that did not have the best rear visibility either.
  • Engine noise- This being the first diesel in our home I feel the noise is on the higher side in certain rpms.

Some pictorial representations-
Precise gearshift and great position. The only downside of this position is I am not able to shift between left and right when someone parks his car too close to open my doors.
My Own first car's home: The Ritz Vdi !!-p8200026_.jpg

The low glovebox position, falls on co-passengers knees when I open-
My Own first car's home: The Ritz Vdi !!-p8200022_.jpg

Limited visibility makes it little difficult while parking in tight spots-
My Own first car's home: The Ritz Vdi !!-p8200023_.jpg

One or two cheap plastic bits-
My Own first car's home: The Ritz Vdi !!-p8200028_.jpg

Last edited by pacman2881 : 21st November 2009 at 22:09.
Old 22nd November 2009, 11:55   #19
BHPian

Thats one nice review by you pacman, with some really good description of issues you're having, with added pictures.
Your mileage of 20kmpl plus is awesome, and that may be bcos 80% of your driving is on highways. But otherwise, if its 60 to 70% city driving, then I think it may give around 15 I guess, both petrol & diesel.

I am planning to buy a Ritz Zxi in Jan next yr, in B'lore.
Old 22nd November 2009, 13:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

a good precise review of your ritz paceman.FE is good too,but it might be a bit more for highways as well, usual city FE here people get around 18, so highways might be around 21-22, might improve after service.glovebox yes its not a right place kept but lots of space here and there.Enjoy your ride.
Old 22nd November 2009, 19:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
Thats one nice review by you pacman, with some really good description of issues you're having, with added pictures.
Your mileage of 20kmpl plus is awesome, and that may be bcos 80% of your driving is on highways. But otherwise, if its 60 to 70% city driving, then I think it may give around 15 I guess, both petrol & diesel.

I am planning to buy a Ritz Zxi in Jan next yr, in B'lore.
Yeah Harry, my job location is such that my driving is predominantly highways.
All the best on your new car. Eagerly awaiting your ownership thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
a good precise review of your ritz paceman.FE is good too,but it might be a bit more for highways as well, usual city FE here people get around 18, so highways might be around 21-22, might improve after service.glovebox yes its not a right place kept but lots of space here and there.Enjoy your ride.
Yeah Vijay, from what I hear Ritz does give even better FE. But my recent long trip was in rain affected roads where I had to constantly shift gears. For the kind of punishment this car endured 20 is actually very high!
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:05   #22
BHPian

what is the second lever in photo no. 4? One is for the fuel tank cover, I don't have any other lever in my Zxi?
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
what is the second lever in photo no. 4? One is for the fuel tank cover, I don't have any other lever in my Zxi?
It is remote boot release lever. Surprising that your Zxi doesn't have that. All the Ritz Zxis I have seen till now (TD vehicles and display vehicles) had this lever.
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
It is remote boot release lever. Surprising that your Zxi doesn't have that. All the Ritz Zxis I have seen till now (TD vehicles and display vehicles) had this lever.
Yeah it is the remote boot release. In some other thread I remember seeing a different set up for Zxi that would release with the central locking but I am not very sure. Is it the case?
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Seems to be you are doing justice to the diesel motor & clocked 1k in ten days, have achieved a great mileage at early stages.

I've read some where in forum that " Airflow during high speed is heard for people who sits in rear, i.e due to the boomerang design of Ritz.

Can you pls confirm this.
Any thoughts of tire upgrade?

Last edited by Ramsagar : 23rd November 2009 at 10:57.
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:45   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Seems to be you are doing justice to the diesel motor & clocked 1k in ten days, have achieved a great mileage at early stages.

I've read some where in forum that " Airflow during high speed is heard for people who sits in rear, i.e due to the boomerang design of Ritz.

Can you pls confirm this.
Any thoughts of tire upgrade?
I have not sat in the rear till now but I haven't heard such an issue from my rear passengers.
I have been thinking of a tyre upgrade but Vitamin M deficiency keeps me from upgrading as of now . Hopefuly I will do it in sometime.
Old 24th November 2009, 14:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pacman,
I was out for some time and didnot look into the forum.Thanks for the sticker availability.With our city drive and Highway drive if we get 20plus that is great for my satisfaction.Any idean about alloy wheels and the upgrade tyres.Thinking of AZi tyre sizes which I believe won't spoil the mileage.i USE nITROGEN GAS BY msm SERVICE.lET ME CHECK ONLY IN THE NEXT SERVICE.
Old 24th November 2009, 19:49   #28
PCS
BHPian

hi pacman!!!

great car dude. just take care of her. and then she will take care of you

i bought an ritz vdi (black) recently. the only thing am not happy about is the colour finish (black). its not that shiny. i mean hyundai's black is much better than maruti black, otherwise the car is awesome. am getting 18.2 km/l.

high speed stability is awesome. i have touched 140 with 5 people on board. just shared my exp with u.

have a good time dude !
Old 25th November 2009, 15:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Pacman,
I was out for some time and didnot look into the forum.Thanks for the sticker availability.With our city drive and Highway drive if we get 20plus that is great for my satisfaction.Any idean about alloy wheels and the upgrade tyres.Thinking of AZi tyre sizes which I believe won't spoil the mileage.i USE nITROGEN GAS BY msm SERVICE.lET ME CHECK ONLY IN THE NEXT SERVICE.
Please do share your experience on the tyre upgrade. I have read here that 185 (one in Zxi) are great and michelins are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
hi pacman!!!

great car dude. just take care of her. and then she will take care of you

i bought an ritz vdi (black) recently. the only thing am not happy about is the colour finish (black). its not that shiny. i mean hyundai's black is much better than maruti black, otherwise the car is awesome. am getting 18.2 km/l.

high speed stability is awesome. i have touched 140 with 5 people on board. just shared my exp with u.

have a good time dude !
I have done only upto 120 till now. Yet to try higher speeds .

I have noticed the paint issue but I thought it was just my feeling about Hyundai's paint finish. Now I know it is for real!

I have a question to fellow ritz owners - Does Ritz come with underbody painting? When I asked ABT Maruti to do underbody painting during first service they told me that Ritz comes with it. I am confused on this. Can anyone please confirm?

Last edited by pacman2881 : 25th November 2009 at 16:00.
Old 25th November 2009, 16:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Frankly speaking i never knew Ritz was so huge. One of my buildingmate bought this and was in the basement so i could see the car in real close position. Standing in front of the vehicle i was just dumbfolded. From the front side the vehicle looks so huge and so big even the santro which was parked next to it was looking small. So very good choice dude. Congrats

Most Viewed